1/6 Hot Toys MMS699 & MMS700 ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like the OWK Vader was well-received. I've been tempted by this one, but I imagine by the time in-hand thoughts land on this one, it will already be gone. Decision, decisions ...

Sadly, that ROTJ Vader has a pinhead, a massive crotch-guard, more poorly pleated robes, and what looks to be the same ESB proportions.

Opportunity NOT taken by HT to improve Vader.

That can mean only one thing: Artisan Vader in the works.

I held off on the Kenobi Vader for this release. ROTJ Vader is always a grail for me.

Same. I started out only wanting ROTJ Luke and Vader. Didn't quite work out like that but I've had a space reserved on my shelf for this guy since 2018.

gonna look forward to getting that cod piece parted out for my kenobi vader
I read your post and thought this is what you meant.
IMG_8665.jpeg

Sadly, that ROTJ Vader has a pinhead, a massive crotch-guard, more poorly pleated robes, and what looks to be the same ESB proportions.

With the way HT has always oversized their Vaders by 10-15% - including the helmets - it would be next to impossible to not have a pinhead if there is a bare human head on a HT Vader body.

gonna look forward to getting that cod piece parted out for my kenobi vader

So the ROTJ Vader has a massive cod piece, and you want to get it for your Vader from the Kenobi show. Isn't the one complaint about that Vader is it already has an oversized cod piece?

So the ROTJ Vader has a massive cod piece, and you want to get it for your Vader from the Kenobi show. Isn't the one complaint about that Vader is it already has an oversized cod piece?
The new rotj looks a lot smaller than the kenobi show

They should hire me as creative director.
They wouldn't dare. You'd just create the perfect Vader and ruin Hot Toys business strategy. Every figure needs at least one glaring flaw, to allow for them to "fix it" on their subsequent release/version of that character (While simultaneously ruining some other detail that looked really good the first time around)

If they use ESB body for RotJ Vader people will start stealing dx28.

That said, I think the RotJ proportions look better then ESB on product photos which is what makes me think they're using same body as dx27/28.

If they use ESB body for RotJ Vader people will start stealing dx28.

That said, I think the RotJ proportions look better then ESB on product photos which is what makes me think they're using same body as dx27/28.
I think that’s wishful thinking. The arms and the legs (especially) are a giveaway to what body is being used.
IMG_2282.jpeg
IMG_2284.jpeg
IMG_2281.jpeg
IMG_2283.jpeg

Back