1/6 Hot Toys - MMS664-D48 - Iron Man - Iron Man Mark 3 (2.0 For Real This Time!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posted by user Samklrich.eung on his Instagram.
Thanks for sharing! This is one of the better (and first?) in-hand comparisons of the v1 and v2 diecast releases. Unpopular opinion, but I think the unhelmeted head looks better proportionally on the old v1 diecast figure than the new 2.0. Also, I really need a fully BD Mark III...

I think the biceps indeed look bulkier this time 👌🏽
The upper arm is longer (there's more red above the gold... which might not actually be screen accurate), but it doesn't look that different in width from the v1 diecast.

Thanks for sharing! This is one of the better (and first?) in-hand comparisons of the v1 and v2 diecast releases. Unpopular opinion, but I think the unhelmeted head looks better proportionally on the old v1 diecast figure than the new 2.0. Also, I really need a fully BD Mark III...

The upper arm is longer (there's more red above the gold... which might not actually be screen accurate), but it doesn't look that different in width from the v1 diecast.
I agree with all of your observations.
Head looks weird on the 2.0.
Proportions look off.

The upper arm is longer (there's more red above the gold... which might not actually be screen accurate)
I just watched few scenes/images from IM1 and you are absolutely right my friend. I never owned any previous IM figures nor paid that much attention to the character before 🤭 but now I do think that even this new release would require a lot of mods. And yeah that BD on first figure looks insane man. I don't know if it's custom or HT did it. But it looks crazy good! 👌🏽

Also got the processing email. I think I'm done with iron man now..

I see no reason to spend upwards of $500 to correct a mistake made by HT 8 years ago.

Re-reposting the quote from TBuff. Might just be me, but I still think the price is too high.

gp9Q0aE.gif

My payment has been processing since last 20 mins. Have enough funds. Card is also working fine on other sites. It this normal with Sideshow?

That's actually pretty accurate. RDJ is small while the IM armor is tall. They fake it every time he suits up or de-suits. Can see an example of this in the behind the scenes for IM3.

They had him step out onto a box, which they hide with the bags in front of his feet and then in the next scene you see his actual height with the suit.

AT0z9nt.png
fb8kf8J.png

s6Gkxus.png
X04xo1M.png

Back