1/6 Hot Toys - MMS664-D48 - Iron Man - Iron Man Mark 3 (2.0 For Real This Time!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With respect to the Mk 85 or this release? There was something bugging me about this one and I finally figured out what it is - the proportions, especially with the Tony Stark head on the thing. With that sloping shoulder armor, he'd need a neck like a stork to actually wear this thing, and he'd have to dislocate both shoulders in order to have even the slightest chance of his arms reaching those positions. I know almost all IM figures are a bit off when it comes to "man in the suit" believability, but this takes it to another level. If I bought this the head sculpt would never leave the box. :slap

The practical suit has those sloping shoulders too.

5B051457-740D-47E6-BDD9-20ABD6D3F110.jpeg
EB1CF844-4891-4E96-BA80-EA92D94F3BFD.jpeg

I think the 42 is the only 1/4 scale that's had a re-issue. I can't see it myself, definitely not while this is up for PO. I'll take a Mark 2 though.

I thought we were done with exposed screws on these iron mans... this guy still has one on the back that the old versions also had.

That ab crunch looks good. So does the battle damage this time around.

First special item that seems worth it -- crushed helmet.
The more I look at that ab crunch, the more I think it's an entirely new approach for them. Something more like the Threezero Transformers figures with a working spine rather than the traditional thing where you have to extend the torso twice. I'm not seeing the usual gaps here and it actually looks like it's crunching. Whatever they're doing here it looks aesthetically way better than even their most recent Mark 85.

Last edited:
Steep price..but I’m going to wait on this…It’s IM..HT will have plenty of the reg deluxe

1659109662139.png

I think there's a lot more bang for the buck here than we've gotten with other recent Iron Man releases that have cost nearly as much. That diorama base could easily sell for $100 on its own, and it's been a minute since they've given us this many change-out parts.

That said, I'm sure once this thing has been out for 6-8 months, one will be able to pick it up for $100-$150 less than MSRP, although probably without the crushed helmet exclusive.

445 for the Regular (w/o the crumpled helmet)? It looks nice, but I’m gonna have to say…
045993D4-8F02-4E7A-B5A5-50CE3A2EE54E.gif

And I thought 375 for the War Machine Mark 1 Reissue was pushing it, geez 😬

View attachment 591636

I think there's a lot more bang for the buck here than we've gotten with other recent Iron Man releases that have cost nearly as much. That diorama base could easily sell for $100 on its own, and it's been a minute since they've given us this many change-out parts.

That said, I'm sure once this thing has been out for 6-8 months, one will be able to pick it up for $100-$150 less than MSRP, although probably without the crushed helmet exclusive.

Like I just had the Mark 85 Battled-Damaged delivered to my door for $350. Sideshow was just selling it for $46 off, too. There's a lotta profit margin on these diecast figures, meaning there's a lotta room for considerable discounts.
It’s HT IM..they will never be FOMO for these again

Back