1/6 Hot Toys - MMS664-D48 - Iron Man - Iron Man Mark 3 (2.0 For Real This Time!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the most iconic Iron Man moments without saying a single word..
iron-man-tony-stark.gif
Oh man, I didn’t even realize he doesn’t include a helmeted head.

When was the last time there was a Tony Stark sculpt on a balljoint neck instead of sculpted single-piece, anyone know?

74A495D7-2F57-4FF4-BC7B-B555DB52876C.jpeg
C34DCBEB-9262-43FD-B8C1-BCEA51F737F6.jpeg

With respect to the Mk 85 or this release? There was something bugging me about this one and I finally figured out what it is - the proportions, especially with the Tony Stark head on the thing. With that sloping shoulder armor, he'd need a neck like a stork to actually wear this thing, and he'd have to dislocate both shoulders in order to have even the slightest chance of his arms reaching those positions. I know almost all IM figures are a bit off when it comes to "man in the suit" believability, but this takes it to another level. If I bought this the head sculpt would never leave the box. :slap

View attachment 591384
I agree, but it does match the source material with the tweaked, more "heroic" proportions:
1659053553721.png

Shoulder pauldrons look off to me, they seem undersized. To my eye, V1's pauldrons were too big and V2 are too small?

Its ridiculous that they still have an exposed screw hole on his back, after all these improvements :duh

"We have meticulously addressed every issue people had with this figure and engineered it to meet the highest level of quality- oh we're just gonna leave this visible screw right on his back. We're not even gonna put a cap over it. Thats totally acceptable to us."

Gonna be funny for those to get the Mark 1 and display it with any other recent diecast IM figure. He's gonna look even more of a shrimp now that they raised the height on this Mark 3.

339636-height-differential---Mk-I-2-vs-Mk-7-7-14-21.jpg

This is a good point. I might skip this after some thought. Even if I were to throw another grand at the problem to buy the new versions of the 1 and 3 my 1-7 lineup is still just as imperfect as it stands today. Ugh.

Shower thought: With all the Hot Toys Iron Man figures out there, Robert Downey Jr. might be the person with the highest number of realistic 1:6 scaled head sculpts made of them in the world.

Definitely one of their better RDJ headsculpts IMO.

Now if I could just get a TFA Cap 2.0 I'd be happy. I'd even take a Thor 1 (2.0) with proper fitting chrome helmet and better armored arms along with swappable bare arms with no cape look. That would be enough for my MCU collection until Xmen (if those actually turn out good).

Last edited:
Back