1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a poor man's quick home-brew version (Both Doc and Einstein)
Hair is still WIP. waiting for the better hair from Ebay.
:LOL:
Sorry, Can't afford designer head....
DrBrown_CustomWIP_02.jpg

What head have you used? Looks a little undersized there.
It's a homemade version LOL! :LOL:
Yeah It does look tad bit small. I matched the original head size when printed out, but the hair volume is not enough yet. I'm making another print with bigger scale now to check which one looks better.
DrBrown_CustomWIP_01.jpg

It's a homemade version LOL! :LOL:
Yeah It does look tad bit small. I matched the original head size when printed out, but the hair volume is not enough yet. I'm making another print with bigger scale now to check which one looks better.
View attachment 615115
Ah, you made/designed it? I looked for a version I could 3D print as stand-in until I could get something better, but the search was fruitless.

Actually that does look like an improvement. I’ve never dabbled in trying to paint anything. Any instructions or is it as simple as it sounds?

Actually that does look like an improvement. I’ve never dabbled in trying to paint anything. Any instructions or is it as simple as it sounds?

Yeah pretty simple just used Vallejo white paint, I painted the hair and wiped it as I went so it kinda fills in the streaks and leaves a bit of grey showing so it not just all solid white. Just take it slow and it will be easy 👍

Yeah pretty simple just used Vallejo white paint, I painted the hair and wiped it as I went so it kinda fills in the streaks and leaves a bit of grey showing so it not just all solid white. Just take it slow and it will be easy 👍
I may actually give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks for the tips!

Thank you - This is why I went to print on demand and no preorders. No waiting on casts and so on. Not knocking any artist who wish to go that route. When they are ready they are ready to go into printing for customers. And you never have issues with mold lines or shrinking - they all look as good at the prototype.
You got me. Will order tonight. Which one do you personally prefer? Haired or bald?

Looking for feedback on this modded sculpt. What do you guys think? A source has offered to mod and offer mass production via retailers.

Just need opinions?
View attachment 615274
It’s ok for what it is. An improvement over the original. But personally I wouldn’t buy an improved fail. Look back at the mod by Jacob Rahmier. Looks awesome but even he did not achieve to hide the poor source material. Sometimes it makes sense to start all over again...

Do you mean someone is going to recast the Hot Toys sculpt?
Correct but modded I was approached by a retailer after seeing people asking for a new sculpt.

I think I'm gonna try and push and see if Kit could help. I do agree with grey skull the sculpt needs more than a few tweaks in order to make it worth buying.

Correct but modded I was approached by a retailer after seeing people asking for a new sculpt.

I think I'm gonna try and push and see if Kit could help. I do agree with grey skull the sculpt needs more than a few tweaks in order to make it worth buying.
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same, which is why I asked. There's no point buying a rubbish sculpt, just repainted.

Back