1/6 Hot Toys - MMS610 - Back to the Future (1985) - Doc Brown Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m simply saying that praising customizers who work on a smaller number of projects isn’t even close to a fair comparison. If someone is only working on one thing then yeah it better be damn good.

As far as the re-used sculpt, it’s obviously up to you how to feel about it. I’m just saying expecting something different when there was never a promise of that happening and being disappointed to get what was advertised is setting your own expectations up for failure.
‘Some guy’ created a better sculpt in a few days than Hot Toys who chose to save on tooling and reuse crap over making a quality product to satisfy long neglected BTTF fans.

My point is that, despite having many projects on the go, you can’t say HT didn't have or couldn’t spare the resources to match what customisers have done.
Anytime they feel worried about new tooling costs, they should just do another run of clone troopers to cover it.

Sure, you shouldn’t expect them to make an all knew sculpt once they’ve put up POs using the old one but it’s definitely not unreasonable to believe they might at least paint on the wrinkles for this older iteration of Doc- especially when the listing said ‘newly painted sculpt with accurate likeness etc’ or maybe fill in the ******* gaping holes in his head that serve no purpose to this figure.

HT’s choice to use this head sculpt on this figure is a disgrace. It was a disgrace when they announced it and it’s still a disgrace today.

I think the point I'm making is customizers have shone a light on how easy this can been achieved, If this can be achieved by a small number of people in such a short amount of time with none of HT's resources, then it simply makes you think that it would of been relatively straight forward for HT to of given us an updated Doc sculpt. Of course HT have many more things on their plate but it just smacks of laziness and not caring much for the licence. A half assed effort.

I still dont understand HT's logic, why we got a new Marty sculpt for basically a Marty 2.0 but no new sculpt for the Doc figure. When the old Doc figure is from a different movie and a different looking Doc.

The only rational I can figure is HT are limited by image rights to only use the Chris Lloyd sculpt we first saw back in 2016?

Here is my home-made custom 3D printed version with custom Einstein. I made the head slightly bigger and seems fit better
DrBrown_CustomWIP_03.jpg

Alright here's my Doc after taking my best shot at rooting the hair. It took me awhile to dial in how big to make it, since it seems to vary from shot to shot, but I'm pretty happy with how it's looking. And I used pastel to make the hair a bit more grayish brown near the base, since it didn't look quite right being a pure white.

Pretty happy with how it turned out in the end, and glad I decided to take a risk on the rooted versus sculpted hair. In fact this might just be my favorite custom yet now.

(and sorry I don't do commission work, as I just have way too many other projects I still need to get to)

View attachment 618259

View attachment 618254

View attachment 618255

View attachment 618260

View attachment 618258
Since you won't be taking on commissions for this, can you at least give us a list of what you used to paint and root this amazing headsculpt?

Looks like KG shipped my HT Doc order, after seeing davejames Doc sculpt, I'm even more bummed about what awaits me :horror
I will probably just end up sticking my two HT Docs in their respective DeLorean until I get round to getting a proper sculpt for them. :exactly:If I do that though I will have to remove their boots and possibly the lower legs so they fit in the car :gah:

Looks like KG shipped my HT Doc order, after seeing davejames Doc sculpt, I'm even more bummed about what awaits me :horror
I will probably just end up sticking my two HT Docs in their respective DeLorean until I get round to getting a proper sculpt for them. :exactly:If I do that though I will have to remove their boots and possibly the lower legs so they fit in the car :gah:

KG took 9 days to sort my invoice, after I kept pestering them, and now it's stuck in 'Awaiting Shipping'. They used to be a great retailer.

KG took 9 days to sort my invoice, after I kept pestering them, and now it's stuck in 'Awaiting Shipping'. They used to be a great retailer.
Agreed, KG used to be bullet-proof but they messed up one of my previous orders which turned out to be a bit of a pain in the ass to sort out and I know others on here have had issues with them recently, might have to start using Kit in the future.

Agreed, KG used to be bullet proof but they messed up one of my previous orders which turned out to be a bit of a pain in the ass to sort out and I know others on here have had issues with them, might have to start using Kit in the future.
I recently had a badly damaged box delivered for the second time. Brown box was okay, so they shipped it to me knowing it was damaged. Told them about it almost a week ago and only after nudging them today have they responded. So I'm dreading what state Doc Brown is going to turn up in.

I recently had a badly damaged box delivered for the second time. Brown box was okay, so they shipped it to me knowing it was damaged. Told them about it almost a week ago and only after nudging them today have they responded. So I'm dreading what state Doc Brown is going to turn up in.
Yeah, they need to buck up their ideas, once a company gets a bad rep a trickle of customers leaving you suddenly becomes a flood.

Sorry about that! 😛

Alter Ego shipped mine today. Should be here on Friday. Might consider grabbing one of the custom sculpts floating around.

Kg have now shut down for CNY. Sigh.
Fantastic. So I can add another 9+ days to my order that I’ve paid for but is still ‘awaiting shipment’ which already took 10 days for them to sort out the invoice, plus 3 days to change status, and 2 days sat there. By the time it ships, I’m looking at a month of all this BS with them. Then a couple of weeks to deliver. So 6 weeks from first invoice. Now that’s service.

Last edited:
Don’t worry Hal9000 this gives you time to order a custom Doc hs, get it painted and haired in time…to replace the abomination that is the 610 Doc re-issue hs!

Don’t worry Hal9000 this gives you time to order a custom Doc hs, get it painted and haired in time…to replace the abomination that is the 610 Doc re-issue hs!
At this rate, P3 doc will be out.

That sucks for you @HAL9000.
I don’t know what could be taking them so long to sort your order out.

I guess it’s a different process/priority level for deposit vs full-amount orders.

Mine was already paid off so I got the awaiting shipping message yesterday and a ‘shipped’ confirmation for Doc and Forever Batman & Robin this morning.

@shells075 is right though; it’s hard to be that excited when you know the state of the sculpt.

Can anyone fill me in on where to get the custom sculpt? I’ve been looking for it in here but am having issues finding it.

Back