1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

I have CW Panther right above my head as I type this and the build looks very similar.
I honestly wouldn't worry too much about that until they show the final product.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'd get all 3 potential versions of Erik... Golden Panther suit obviously. His Yellow/Blue Assault suit (with tribal mask). King Killmonger with long black jacket, gold panther necklace, shirtless w/ scar bumps. hopefully different sculpt, possibly aggressive. I suppose a casual look from early on could be considered a 4th, but that would probably be even less likely than the previous 2. Loved his performance. Would also like a Klaue figure too, but that will also probably never happen.

The Golden Jaguar suit is most likely getting made. It's not that different than BP and HT won't miss a chance to retool a figure, show off the yellow glow under their LED light and get the headsculpt for Jordan be the big seller here, the question is when. Killmonger version in the blue with the head mask feels like something HT would do but I still have it behind the Golden Jaguar.

Not sure if a spoiler because it's in the trailer but just to be safe

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mark my words, HT loves to double dip, they did it with The Dark Knight, they've done it in Marvel movies when the old makes a cameo, you'll see the "Opening suit" or "Rescue Mission" suit or whatever they'll call it out as a Toy Fair Exclusive. It'll be enough time to separate the current release.

Does this new figure have the same build as the Civil War version? Every time I see photos of him from Secret Base, he looks very thin compared to pictures I've seen of CW BP. Was wondering if anyone who owned that figure can compare the builds. He looked pretty buff in Dean Knight's most recent collection video yesterday. Is the helmet the same size or the new one a little "taller"? Or maybe the posing just sucks?

27867948_1573735152679520_1017004134443506776_n.jpg
Also, in the movie, the suit itself has a thicker build. He looks huge and ripped in that suit. It's bulkier.

The new one you see how thin Chadwick Boseman is

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really hoping HT solicits the Golden Jaguar Killmonger soon. Okeyo would be great as well, but unfortunately I think that's a longshot.

It's not as bad but similar with German (I can only imagine why they didn't cast a German actor for Ludendorff in Wonder Woman). I can passably work it to catch some but not all of the goofs. My mother, however, speaks it fluently and she catches all the faux pas there - so I totally understand where you're coming from.

I will say it surprises me that Marvel would let that slip in their film, given that they are full force attempting to capture the Asian market now.
Well, it is for a lot of movies but they did a damn great job in Civil War. ^.^ I mean, not only is Daniel Brühl German, all the German spoken throughout the movie was perfekt, so much so that I didn't even notice at first when they switched, very smooth transition. :)

But yeah, in a lot of movies they just can't get Japanese or German right, it always sounds off. I imagine the same is true for lots of other languages, although I don't speak enough to tell. ^^

The pictures of the new Black Panther kinda make me glad I have the CW version. I mean, he looks nice and all on promo pics but in the following pic for example, I dislike how stiff his upper body looks. Dunno if that's the pose or if the body doesn't allow for more movement ...

28166373_1573735172679518_7532741789759722178_n.jpg

The pictures of the new Black Panther kinda make me glad I have the CW version. I mean, he looks nice and all on promo pics but in the following pic for example, I dislike how stiff his upper body looks. Dunno if that's the pose or if the body doesn't allow for more movement ...

It's a prototype... plus whoever posed that did a horrible job.

What reason would there be for this being any less articulated than the CW version?
The specs on the CW version says it has 30 points of articulation while the "Newly Developed" body for this one will have 32. Whether or not the proto has the new body or not is up to speculation, but if it is, it may not be finished.

People stress way too much over prototypes, wait for the final version to judge such details as they're usually corrected.

Last edited:

Does this new figure have the same build as the Civil War version? Every time I see photos of him from Secret Base, he looks very thin compared to pictures I've seen of CW BP. Was wondering if anyone who owned that figure can compare the builds. He looked pretty buff in Dean Knight's most recent collection video yesterday. Is the helmet the same size or the new one a little "taller"? Or maybe the posing just sucks?

27867948_1573735152679520_1017004134443506776_n.jpg

That photo has made me realise why I prefer the old helmet to the new one - the new one (and the body) seem a little too rounded, too feminine and too 'catwomany'. The CW one is sharper and more imposing.

What reason would there be for this being any less articulated than the CW version?
The specs on the CW version says it has 30 points of articulation while the "Newly Developed" body for this one will have 32. Whether or not the proto has the new body or not is up to speculation, but if it is, it may not be finished.

People stress way too much over prototypes, wait for the final version to judge such details as they're usually corrected.

Totally agree with this.

That's true. They did say that it was his design, but it looked pretty much just like his father's suit in 1992.

Either way yeah they did acknowledge his intellect. I guess I'm just surprised it wasn't more front and center.

Aesthetically T'Challa's suit was similar to T'Chaka's , however technologically it would have
differ from his. Shuri had stated that the current suit was from T'Challa's now dated design.
Which makes sense if T'Challa has carried the Panther mantle for as long as Stark has been
Iron Man. Given Shuri's age I assume that T'Challa took the lead in designing his own tech
and weaponry before Shuri took over with her own upgrades. His genius is subtly implied
without seeming forced, but it also opens opportunities for other installments to further explore
it and perhaps highlight it a bit more.

I actually remember T'Chakas Panther helmet looking much cooler than any of the other 3 we've seen. I'm waiting for someone to get a solid picture of it.

Agreed. I hope that they implement that look in further Panther suits as I always found the black and gold
suits to be more visually striking. perhaps maybe even an appearance with the cape as well.

Last edited:

Lol I just made an observation. I'm not worrying nor do I stress about one pic. :lol I'm happy with my CW version and the only thing I'm getting from this new release is the head sculpt. With Infinity War around the corner, I need my cash for other figures, no funds nor room for another BP and I refuse to play HT's 'OMG the new figure is so much better, sell your old and get the new one' game when I'm perfectly satisfied with the figure I have. :) The only reason for me to replace the CW BP with the new one would be if the body had amazing articulation without the risk of damaging the suit and I doubt that's gonna happen.

The new body having 2 more points of articulation is the articulated toes, right?

With Infinity War around the corner, I need my cash for other figures.

Definitely with you there ! IW could be quite expensive. Even Thanos by himself could be something to save for ! But he's a must have. Can't have all these Avengers and no Thanos !

Hopefully, when Thanos comes out I've spent enough money at Sideshow to just outright buy the dude with reward points lol.

Just got the art book, looking forward to checking out the various designs of the suit
IMG_8093.jpg

Just got the art book, looking forward to checking out the various designs of the suit

nice! so need to get that, been plottin on a kilmonger design but the details on his golden jaguar mask are hard to see in movie stills, and vary on figs, thats the best look yet, anymore pics in there of it?

nice! so need to get that, been plottin on a kilmonger design but the details on his golden jaguar mask are hard to see in movie stills, and vary on figs, thats the best look yet, anymore pics in there of it?

There's a handful of pages of concept art for the Kilmonger outfit
IMG_8094.jpg

Well Hollywood in general has no regard for Asians or Asian culture, so this really comes as no surprise. :slap
These days, it looks like some extra hollywood movie making funds going in from Asian countries. Problem is the investors only care about their investment returns - not interested in reviewing content. Sad...

I will say it surprises me that Marvel would let that slip in their film, given that they are full force attempting to capture the Asian market now.
Exactly my point.
They just don't spend money/effort to check the content for that part - because they never got in trouble for it. If nobody complains, nobody would know what's wrong with it.

There's a handful of pages of concept art for the Kilmonger outfit
View attachment 394901
What's interesting to me is that that suit was created by Shuri for T'challa but was going to make him look like a jaguar? Lol

Are there good shots of 1992 black panthers mask?

What's interesting to me is that that suit was created by Shuri for T'challa but was going to make him look like a jaguar? Lol

Are there good shots of 1992 black panthers mask?

IMG_8098.jpg
IMG_8097.jpg
IMG_8110.jpg

Lots of nice artwork in here, highly recommended book

Awesome thanks so much !

Back