1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Well the clips didn't get me excited and I didn't like the tone or the CG, but I generally feel that way about most Marvel movies lately like Ultron and Thor, and it bums me out. But I love the BP character so I'm getting this figure regardless, if the movie is good that'll be a bonus lol. :)

Yeah I can understand, I'm kinda tired of super hero movies too. Since this is BP I'm totally stoked, I've been waiting for decades for a Black super hero of this magnitude to be on the big screen! About time we have more diversity, it makes it more interesting.

Yeah Marvel sometimes hits a home run when they try something different, so I should probably be more optimistic, like I thought Ant-Man would be terrible before it came out, but I really liked it (waiting for more figure announcements from that too lol)

Now this looks amazing!!! Any way to figure out if before getting it in hand whether or not it’s dynamic pose friendly for extended periods of time?

Kinda feeling sour about the short notice with the tech suit Spidey.

Oh cool, instead of using numerous LEDs, they use fluorescent paint + a single UV backlight to achieve the same results. Makes power management a breeze.

Comparing the two, I see a lot more detail in the new suit. Was torn with the first trailer with the large eyes, but since they fixed that I am totally sold on the new suit. Love it!

27545182_10155256428322344_4222619287478738551_n.jpg

IMG_8033.JPG

Comparing the two, I see a lot more detail in the new suit. Was torn with the first trailer with the large eyes, but since they fixed that I am totally sold on the new suit. Love it!

white-up-pointing-backhand-index_1f446.png This!

I was disappointed by the CW Black Panther as it was nice but with none accessories. Now that I decided I want to buy it, the new costume is revealed and looks kickass. Considering the movie doesn't suck this will be a day 1 preorder for me!

Just take it all [emoji47]
ddc478e5251c4f05d06f14d480da0bf3.gif

Sent from a point in space and time

This looks pretty damn cool, and I would say this black light gimmick is actually innovative.

The helmet isn't as nice as the CW one (only in the design), but the HS makes up for it.

The only question is... will they make another version for Infinity War?

I skipped the cw since i really wanted an unmasked version. I knew they would do this for the second fig. Great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thud:WOW! :clap

I am so glad I waited for this version rather than getting the Civil War version. It might be better than I hoped for. There is nothing wrong with the Civil War version, but I think THIS version will be the definitive Black Panther figure for sure. Of course we got the unmasked head sculpt, I also like the way there will be option to show his 'real' eyes through the mask (I wonder how that will work?) and the black light effect showing the purple "light up" effect seems brilliant (we will see how well it works in real life). I am ready to pre-order.

I am so glad I waited for this version rather than getting the Civil War version. It might be better than I hoped for. There is nothing wrong with the Civil War version, but I think THIS version will be the definitive Black Panther figure for sure. Of course we got the unmasked head sculpt, I also like the way there will be option to show his 'real' eyes through the mask (I wonder how that will work?) and the black light effect showing the purple "light up" effect seems brilliant (we will see how well it works in real life). I am ready to pre-order.

Ahem!!! Glad I sold my civil war version, last year! This figure is sick!!! Makes me confident that hot toys will knock the iron spider out of the park!

Love it. Ordered for sure. I'm so glad they found a way to add the purple glow in some fashion.

Exposed ankle joint again. I guess I will never own a Panther figure.

Fantastic looking figure, IMO I'm guessing there's two magnetic face plates, there seems to be a slight gap around the eyes/mask area ?

27629262_10155256430332344_8155796644908140133_o.jpg

Wow, this figure just took a dump all over the Civil War version.

Sweet Jesus! :panic: :drool

man, his head is huge

Really dislike the look of the new helmet. Only reason I am undecided on this one.

Looks fantastic. Hopefully Killmonger will come with an unmasked portrait as well.

Back