1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
first post!!
got this guy last week....also my first hot toys!!
p.jpeg

p.jpeg

for those who bought early batch from hong kong, they would have received it by last month or september. i got mine from timcent. goodshipped is good too.

Has anyone received it from eBay sellers such as Goodshipped?

I cant decide between this one or the mk7? Any opinions?

I would go with this one, its a classic suit design/color scheme and based on the price alone, at almost 90 dollars less than the 7 its hard to go wrong. Its a shame they decided to include the pod accessory with the standard version as opposed to maybe making that the deluxe version, because that price just turns me off of the 7 entirely. Just my opinion.

I stand by the Mark IV as the best of the first 7 suits. It's so clean and hot toys knocked it out of the park. 5,6, and 7 are amazing as well, but there is just something about 4 that I love.

first post!!
got this guy last week....also my first hot toys!!
p.jpeg

p.jpeg

Welcome, if I can say that as a newbie too. Just started collecting a few months ago. My first figure was the diecast MK VI. Would have preferred this as I like the round arc reactor more.

Mark IV. Classic suit, red/gold only, head sculpt included (unhelmeted), almost $100 cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but who's the head sculpt of, because it doesn't look anything like RDJ.

Get both if you can . Lolo . This hobby gets very addictive . I highly recommend to get this version because in my opinion it’s PERFECT . That’s very rare that you can say that about these collectibles . That’s not to say you won’t crave the Mark VII when it’s released next year as well . Hang on tight with this hobby Lolo it’s going to be a wild ride . Lololo

As much as I love the look of the Mark IV, in terms of its role in the MCU, it’s my least fav suit. It’s got negative associations, it was Tony at his worst, and didn’t really play any major role.

For the same reason the MkVII will be the Iron Man suit I add to my Hot Toys collection. Not only does it look cool, but it was the battle of NY suit - Tony’s defining moment, outside of his battle with Thanos.

Yeah, but who's the head sculpt of, because it doesn't look anything like RDJ.

I initially thought that too, but the new paint work on the sculpt in person is excellent. And yeah today it doesn’t look like the current RDJ, but for 2010 RDJ i would argue it is pretty good. It’s not Dr Strange good but that’s okay with me.

But yeah I just like that there is a sculpt because it is more perceived value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I love the look of the Mark IV, in terms of its role in the MCU, it’s my least fav suit. It’s got negative associations, it was Tony at his worst, and didn’t really play any major role.

For the same reason the MkVII will be the Iron Man suit I add to my Hot Toys collection. Not only does it look cool, but it was the battle of NY suit - Tony’s defining moment, outside of his battle with Thanos.

This. I think it really depends on what kind of collector you are. There are some figures that are particularly well executed, but they may be minor characters, attached to a disappointing movie, represent a time when the character wasn't really doing anything important, or have very little screen time. For those who want the best pieces, it's still a buy. For those more wedded to the cinematic universe, those other factors might matter much more.

The 'which one to get' debates with Iron Man are interesting. They come up so often because most of us cannot afford to be buying and/or don't have the space for multiple different versions of him. I'm pretty much in both those categories.

For a long time I've been torn between the IV, VI and VII. However the prototype pics of the VII didn't quite impress me, I dunno. Don't like the wide hips, skinny knees and bulky torso. Proportionally I much prefer the look of IV and VI. IV is currently cheaper at my usual Hot Toys vendor and has a full Downey jnr headsculpt....but as has just been said it's from arguably Iron Man's weakest film alone where the VI straddled Iron Man 2 and one of Iron Man's very best appearances in The Avengers 2012. But VI only has that partial Downey Jnr face which I probably would never use, don't know if it can fit a full Tony headsculpt and it's priced higher than I'd like.....

On the other hand, when I watch these films I pretty much just see Iron Man (except when he's Hulkbuster obviously), I don't see ''Oh that's a new mark, the red and gold are inverted this time'' etc etc. So maybe the IV is fine......

Good topic to discuss. I'm more of a fan of character/suit design, regardless of how I view the film. Heck, I have figures from films I have not watched.

Back