1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4??D20 - Iron Man 2 - Mark IV Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't catch you can interchange some parts between the IV and VI:

IcsDWHt.png

fBrkvcK.png

(credit to @Justin'sCollection)

I'm a completion collector, so I have to get all the figures in a line I collect. Even though Iron Man 2 is a huge disappointment, the suit is gorgeous and it completes the lineup

Does the MK4 DC forearms missiles light up like the MK6 DC does? And just under his chest piece? I don't think I've seen any pictures highlighting those areas..

Interesting discussion. It's true that these are so expensive you worry more about getting the 'best' version. I was all set to get this one as my one representation of Iron Man (plus the neon tech as I'm intrigued to see it in hand) but I'm finding the Concept version irresistible.

I've gotten around to unboxing the Mark IV and wow, it's :thud: I immediately noticed its weight and wow the sculpt/paint is extremely well, it's no wonder some declare it a perfect figure. The joints are well done and some are smooth yet tight.

Does the MK4 DC forearms missiles light up like the MK6 DC does? And just under his chest piece? I don't think I've seen any pictures highlighting those areas..

From some reviews I've watched, yes the lighting in those areas is the same as the MK6.

G'ahhhhhhhh this Mark IV is stellar!!!!! Just playing around with it is an awesome experience. My biggest gripe would have to be that I would've liked the inner detail in the chest and under the back flaps to be more accentuated, such as the Mk XLV & XLVI. Just having this IV with the gantry is just incredible.

Apologies, I'm going to bombard this thread with photos again.

IvhVdLu.jpg

J3HLeIB.jpg

38gIucw.jpg

Veg7oFr.jpg

elAlIcf.jpg

Q1tUSRF.jpg

n07uvPk.jpg

3syuW9H.jpg

uABaBXj.jpg

u8AOwnN.jpg

Such an amazing figure. I wish I could've got the gantry as well but I'm happy with the figure. Wow! I didn't realize how much bigger the Mark 4 is over the 45

Wow! I didn't realize how much bigger the Mark 4 is over the 45

It isn't, the Mark 45 is actually about 2mm taller than the Mark 4/6. You can make each figure taller than the other by pushing the head up or down the neck post - as well as extending the torso of course.

Sorry for the late reply - I thought I got a notification if someone replied to my post - I've just seen this.

Here's all the Tonys I have at the moment. Silver Centurion, Mark 6 diecast, Mark 5 diecast and Mark 46. Only the Mark 46 looks like RDJ, the two helmeted sculpts look like people, just not him. The Mark 5, now reused for the Mark 4 doesn't even look like a real person, let alone RDJ.

I painted portraits for a living about fifteen years ago so I know how hard it is to capture a likeness. I even spent ten minutes messing about with the the head in Photoshop moving the features about but I couldn't make it look like him - it's off everywhere. The shape of the face is wrong, the mouth is too wide, the nose is too straight, sharp and the nostrils are the wrong shape. The eyes are too narrow and too close together and the brow slopes back too much. It really looks nothing like him. :)

Tonys.jpg

Back