1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see people are asking for replacement when the wrist becomes damaged when changing out the hands. What happens when the replacement figure also becomes damaged after changing out the hands? I can't believe a company with experience like Hot Toys would put out a fragile figure like this.. hopefully they will actually spend time testing new materials before using it on figures.

Stopped by Spirit Halloween earlier and picked up this display piece. Have no idea what i'm going to do with it yet but it's cool, it was free and it's Deadpool :lol

The wrists on this guy really need a redesign from scratch. Mine is a second batch one and i'll say in advance there is no damage yet, however I can see that the potential is there and i'll need to be REALLY careful when making any changes.

The first time I switched hands I had no trouble at all. They popped off really easily leaving the ball joint in his wrist. Last night I tried switching and one of the joints remained attached to the hand instead. This isn't a huge deal as they're supposed to be removable after all, but it meant that I had to find some pliers to get it back out of the hand (nearly had to resort to using the spares as there was no way I could get it out with my hands due to the peg being so small).
Putting it back I had to make sure all the fabric was fully tucked inside as it wasn't glued/fixed inside.

I also notice that on these new ones the hands just meet/skim the edge of the fabric at the wrist. As some of the hands are quite rigid and almost sharp around the edges, make sure you place them at your desired angle first time (or remove & start again) because if you turn them the edge is just scraping the wrist and will certainly cause damage over time. Quite quickly i'd imagine.

Things most of you will work out just by looking if you haven't already, but worth mentioning. I intend to keep changing the hands but just be really careful. The fists he comes with are the most boring option so i'd advise at least one attempt at a change. As I say, first time was really easy and no problem at all.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The wrists on this guy really need a redesign from scratch. Mine is a second batch one and i'll say in advance there is no damage yet, however I can see that the potential is there and i'll need to be REALLY careful when making any changes.

The first time I switched hands I had no trouble at all. They popped off really easily leaving the ball joint in his wrist. Last night I tried switching and one of the joints remained attached to the hand instead. This isn't a huge deal as they're supposed to be removable after all, but it meant that I had to find some pliers to get it back out of the hand (nearly had to resort to using the spares as there was no way I could get it out with my hands due to the peg being so small).
Putting it back I had to make sure all the fabric was fully tucked inside as it wasn't glued/fixed inside.

I also notice that on these new ones the hands just meet/skim the edge of the fabric at the wrist. As some of the hands are quite rigid and almost sharp around the edges, make sure you place them at your desired angle first time (or remove & start again) because if you turn them the edge is just scraping the wrist and will certainly cause damage over time. Quite quickly i'd imagine.

Things most of you will work out just by looking if you haven't already, but worth mentioning. I intend to keep changing the hands but just be really careful. The fists he comes with are the most boring option so i'd advise at least one attempt at a change. As I say, first time was really easy and no problem at all.

Yeah, I was planning on handling it as if the problem hadn't been remedied to some extent. Longer pegs or not, I doubt I'll be spinning the hands much.

And you would think they will test their products at least a bit ..,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick snap of my pose attempt. I need to find a permanent home for him now, on that shelf he's disappearing into the wallpaper.

The stand makes him look like a relative of Doctor Octopus. (I should really take the protective plastic off some time too!)

Still madly in love with him.

e2afb82196ef5e016cc0bdef431703c7.jpg

Thats the best pose I've seen in a while. :lol

That's what makes this figure so versatile. His personality on screen means you can do whatever the hell you really want him to do on display.

funny pose Bgnyc007!!!

However, Vanessa (miss crazy eyes [How I met your mother reference]) would not be happy! ha!

:rotfl Awesome pose! That's hilarious I had completely forgot about her being crazy eyes on HIMYM, great episode and she definitely walks the Vicky Mendoza diagonal :lecture:lol

Anyone think that putting the plastic that some figures come with that go over the wrist peg (Ex: Vision) over Deadpools wrist will help keep it from degrading?

I came up with a similar solution to yours but I'll have to see how it goes when I get him. I don't want to dole out any advice before trying it myself.

Back