1/6 Hot Toys - MMS347 - Deadpool (2016) - Deadpool Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Hot Toys ever had this big of a problem like this with any other figure in the past?

Depends on what you define as "big problem" I guess

A few that I can remember off hand...

ED-209 over time the black material on top began cracking. Not sure if this was remedied in the second release

Amazing Spider-Man shoulder joint breaking

Iron Man mk42 shoulder joint breaking

a few rubber arm figures have had rips at the joints (Leonaidas?, Thor, Gamora)

I believe if you kept Hulk black under pants on it would stain the rubber material beneath

oil spot on exterior roof of Tumbler on first releases (I believe this was from packaging)

original Robocop had similar issue with packaging where the paint stuck to the plastic tray and some of the paint rubbed off
(mine had very minor issues like this)

Those are some I remember - yeah not a perfect world, but things happen. I know SSC has plenty of problems with QC as well.

But are those the ones that hot toys have stopped from realeasing stateside to fix it?

Bad news, unfortunately the second batch of Deadpool is also suitable to damage in the wrists, so manage with extremely careful if you interested in this particular figure. Photo credit AJ AN
aj.jpg

There have been lots of problems with past HT figures, but very rare that we see a running change in production. That John Conner is the only one that jumps to mind. Usually they just expect collectors to deal with it.

Bad news, unfortunately the second batch of Deadpool is also suitable to damage in the wrists, so manage with extremely careful if you interested in this particular figure. Photo credit AJ AN
View attachment 296525
OMG that's horrible ...
Wtf have they done?! My god, I hope I receive one from the first batch, at least with that you can still apply lube or glue ... with the second you can't even do that anymore coz it's visible ...

Aren't we overreacting?

I read it as "also suitable to damage".

For all we know, the collector pulled the sleeve back to take pictures of the potential damage if no care is given during handling.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Extended pegs or not anytime the cuff touches the sleeve there's a chance of damage. They didn't really fix the problem as much as lessen it. Oh well.

You'll excuse me if I don't immediately jump to believe the "also suitable to damage" single photo that proves absolutely nothing in any way about anything since NONE of these new, fixed figures are in anyone's hands yet to even ATTEMPT this kind of find....considering barely ONE youtube reviewer has one. Nobody else according to the Sideshow shipping delay emails.
Holy crap, people are so eager to believe any horror story about this figure at this point with the weakest amount of so-called 'evidence'...
Calm down and WAIT before you start blowing more gaskets. Jeez.

J

We have zero context as to what's actually going on in the photo and even the Facebook post doesn't clarify. We have no idea if it tore because of the material or if he doesn't know how to handle figures or if he ignored everything and just wanted to abuse it.

View attachment 296525

Relax. This is from the scene after colosus handcuff him. Or is it the other arm? Lol

Jokes aside, i thought all delivery is delayed, so there's no way to be sure that this is the 2nd batch.

As for the box, it could be a previous mock up box just to get ryan to signed it. Unless people elsewhere have been recieving deadpool in the new box design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall seeing this type of problem before.

But like others have said, it's a little too soon to start thinking the sky is falling.

Back