1/6 Hot Toys - MMS344D15 - CA: Civil War - War Machine Mark 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My last flex was changed to 1/20 :(

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Not surprised. Hot toys expected release goes through Q1 2017. So if hot toys say it expects it could take till the end of march I wouldn't think ssc gets it in November or December

Man, we're never gonna get a full Rhodes head sculpt, are we? Isn't this the same sculpt they've been using since the Iron Man 2 release?

I too would prefer to pay in full upfront. That way I don't have to worry about it and make sure I have the money when the mystery time of its arrival comes about.

Yeah, back to the figure. I hope it gets released soon, but I doubt it.

Pay up front then ask for your money back? People who order figures and then cancel won't suddenly become more responsible if allowed to pay upfront.

I actually find it to be in poor taste to chastise anyone for wanting to be able to cancel a preorder from a site that does not require an NRD. We, as consumers, are under no moral obligation to keep a preorder if that particular retailer allows it to be canceled without penalty.

Personally, I almost ALWAYS only preorder a figure that I plan on purchasing. But I certainly don't begrudge someone for exercising the available option to do so. I am not the morality police.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I actually find it to be in poor taste to chastise anyone for wanting to be able to cancel a preorder from a site that does not require an NRD. We, as consumers, are under no moral obligation to keep a preorder if that particular retailer allows it to be canceled without penalty.

Personally, I almost ALWAYS only preorder a figure that I plan on purchasing. But I certainly don't begrudge someone for exercising the available option to do so. I am not the morality police.

Poor taste? Not sure I follow that. Just because places don't have an nrd doesn't mean they don't mind you canceling orders. As for having a "moral" obligation..strange wording but ok. Having a penalty in place if you break your word has nothing to do with if it's "moral" or not. There are a million things you can do that are considered immoral but have no penalty attached so I think that whole line of thinking misses the point being made.

Pay up front then ask for your money back? People who order figures and then cancel won't suddenly become more responsible if allowed to pay upfront.

Huh?...

I said I'd like to pay in full upfront. Not once did I say anything about asking for my money back.

Poor taste? Not sure I follow that. Just because places don't have an nrd doesn't mean they don't mind you canceling orders. As for having a "moral" obligation..strange wording but ok. Having a penalty in place if you break your word has nothing to do with if it's "moral" or not. There are a million things you can do that are considered immoral but have no penalty attached so I think that whole line of thinking misses the point being made.

Not sure how the wording is strange, I used the word "moral" in the exact manner I intended.

Moral (noun)
: concerning or relating to what is right and wrong in human behavior
: based on what you think is right and good
: considered right and good by most people : agreeing with a standard of right behavior

I will try to clarify.

Some people apparently consider it immoral (i.e. wrong human behavior) if a customer freely cancels figure preorders from a retailer that does not require a deposit. These people think it is wrong behavior because the customer is thus harming the retailer, or at the very least creating an annoyance for the retailer.

I strongly disagree that this type of behavior is immoral (i.e. considered wrong and bad by most people). There is a reason why so many people pre-order from retailers that don't require a deposit, because "most people" don't consider it wrong if they later cancel. This is also why any big retailer like Best Buy or Amazon allows cancellations for literally any item they sell, because "most people" want the option to cancel an order if they choose.

I understand why many retailers demand NRDs--this is a very niche market. But it is still not the customer's responsibility to do anything more than follow the rules/policies that each retailer puts in place.

On a related note, since I'm on the fence with this figure, I hope to see some pics before my waitlist converts (if it does) so I can decide whether to keep it.

Not sure how the wording is strange, I used the word "moral" in the exact manner I intended.

Moral (noun)
: concerning or relating to what is right and wrong in human behavior
: based on what you think is right and good
: considered right and good by most people : agreeing with a standard of right behavior

Some people apparently consider it immoral (i.e. wrong human behavior) if a customer freely cancels figure preorders from a retailer that does not require a deposit. These people think it is wrong behavior because the customer is thus harming the retailer, or at the very least creating an annoyance for the retailer.

I strongly disagree that this type of behavior is immoral (i.e. considered wrong and bad by most people). There is a reason why so many people pre-order from retailers that don't require a deposit, because "most people" don't consider it wrong if they later cancel. I understand why many retailers demand NRDs--this is a very niche market. But it is still not the customer's responsibility to do anything more than follow the rules/policies that each retailer puts in place.

Not to mention some of these places advertise their free preorders.

I honestly don't understand why there's a debate.. Because I said for people to preorder at BBTS for free if they weren't certain they wanted a particular item?.. I don't see a debate there. And this is the first time I've ever read someone belittling people who cancel free preorders.

These are large businesses we're talking about. If free preorders were such a huge issue, they'd stop doing it.

Can we just not argue about the way people pre-order?

Some people don't care about losing their NRD. Some people do.

Some people pre-order but might not go through with it. Some people go through with it.

Some people order. Some people don't

Some people.... Some people don't..

I think people get the gist of what I am saying.

Let's drop it.

Because honestly, at the end of it, it really does not f-ing matter.

Darn! This figure nor the TFA Chewie were in the upcoming release photos. Maybe means an early 2017 release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn! This figure nor the TFA Chewie were in the upcoming release photos. Maybe means an early 2017 release.

I know! It's a bummer.

I guess it'll just give me more time to appreciate the mk 1 and sneaky.

I'm also bummed that Bucky isn't upcoming either.

Glad this isn't ready to go ... since I decided to po Mark I from bbts, I'll need these spaced out if my waitlist for this converts.

Can we just not argue about the way people pre-order?

Some people don't care about losing their NRD. Some people do.

Some people pre-order but might not go through with it. Some people go through with it.

Some people order. Some people don't

Some people.... Some people don't..

I think people get the gist of what I am saying.

Let's drop it.

Because honestly, at the end of it, it really does not f-ing matter.

agreed. But I can't wait for this argument to come up again next month

Back