1/6 Hot Toys - MMS288 - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Oh **** did Hot Toys finally call them Widows Bites? That always bugged me since they just called them bracelets. XD

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Black Widow Collectible Figure

Wow I never actually looked at the new Widow's bites before but I really hate the design of them. The whole costume in general. :( unfortunately imo, this is the worst costume I've seen in the MCU.

Yes as I had previously thought, TWS is closest we will get to the classic BW costume.

I bet the big guns are original from hydra guns in the captain america first avenger film but they change it to make it better.

Good likeness, nice figure hugging outfit too. lol ;) Not sure whether to get this one, more interested in Iron Man figures & the new Hawkeye..., I'll ponder on it though & if they make a new Fury then I'll be more inclined to buy. :)

The costume is way too busy. I don't like it. :( I think I'm going to have to pass on this.

I'm definitely going to buy those guns and the electric shock effects in the future, though.

I feel like I'm part of a minority that thinks this is the best iteration of MCU Black Widow. The blue may push it over the top (it'd been sweet if it was a fiberoptic light gimmick), but I like the color that brings out some personality to the costume. Folks who prefer the more covert costume can get it with the first Avengers toy, or WS... But to me, this one is perfect.

Will these fit on Winter Soldier Black Widow's stingers?

10428544_880662495329075_8227106065664903695_n.jpg

I like the way she looks. But dunno about getting a second Widow since I have the WS version. I'm putting stealth cap with WS Widow so I may need this one for Avengers display.. Ugh so much!

Yes as I had previously thought, TWS is closest we will get to the classic BW costume.

Yep that's why I bought it. And I even cut off the Widow logo, and painted the Widows Bites and belt gold and made her even more like her comic book counterpart. :D

I guess the costume is fine as its own thing but TWS really will probably be the closest you'll ever get to the classic costume. Let's hope for her signature long hair in Civil War, you guys!

Is there even a difference between the sculpts? Its real suddle if there is. Im not talkin about her hair.

Is there even a difference between the sculpts? Its real suddle if there is. Im not talkin about her hair.

I think there are no differences at all, just the paint job. Hence HT saying in the specs: "- Newly painted head sculpt with movie-accurate facial expression and make-up". They used the same "Newly PAINTED" description on Bruce Wayne from the armory set as well as AoU Cap.

With the exception of those beautiful blasters, WS Widow >>>>>>

The hair on this is disgusting

Never have a black widow before, planning to get this one.
But her eyes just scare me off!

Yup I'll keep my WS one, and just buy those blasters....can't get with the red accents and crappy hair...lol

15621032663_7652561163_o_d.jpg

16055053887_37a9233252_o_d.jpg

Not the best hs for BW but it is my fav costume and accesories. I don't have a BW yet so I'll order this one and maybe pick up the other HS. Depends one how the final version looks

I'm at work so this is a super quick paintshop comparison; however, I think the new paint job is definitely an improvement over the Winter Soldier version. I think the main thing throwing this one off in these prototype pictures is the hair. It's looks unkempt, and isn't as nice as it should be. Here's hoping that part of it gets fixed, but I think the face looks really good.

BW comparison.jpg

Back