1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hulkbuster helmet detached and opened looks like a toilet... Just need to put that out there. I foresee several "Tony Starks Toilet Mk. 27" photos.

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

Ok so it confirms only forward and backwards for the legs, what a let down just to fit a mark43

Yeah, I think I said it a page or two back...the ability to insert a whole Mk 43 was a waste of an effort, I would much rather of had a better degree of pose-ability and two busts, with and without a Tony HS. I'll bet no one will permanently display theirs with the MK 43 inside and most will not even do it once...including me.

Very disappointed that it won't be able to do the pose below, hope to be proven wrong
379344a0d84e73be92bf34c333891488.jpg
I strongly preferred the prototype version over what we got. Still glad I bought it and will love it, but they seemed to bring the legs closer and change the bulkier appearance just to integrate the full mark 43. Something they could have skipped and had it released 6 months to a year earlier.

Personally, I never planned on putting a $350 figure inside when a simple bust would do the same exact thing.

I definitely prefer the wide stance and sheer bulk of the prototype, but you get what you get.

I honestly just wanted to be able to pose the Mk. 43 coming out of the Mk. 44. Upon reflection they didn't need to insert the whole thing, especially if it reduced the range of motion of the joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to be a nay-sayer, but I am glad I cancelled. I got on this morning to see if I could be persuaded by the photos, but the original before trying to fit a 1/6 scale figure into it looks WAY better. For this kind of money and real estate commitment, if it's not perfect I'm not buying. The original looks like a total beast....final production....a little anemic.

I checked sideshow and it looks like hulkbuster is still available for preorder.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure anyone has used that verbiage. Are folks not allowed to express their hopes, preferences and disappointments? I know I am a little bummed the Mark 43 capability resulted in reduced articulation and tweaked aesthetics. Not too mention that bit of engineering (and it is draw dropping engineering) pushed back the figure for months, maybe even years.

Man, another one for all the complainers to attack. It's like the Donald tweeting out, lol

"Hulkbuster sucks… prototype better… you sons of b*****s!"

Ok so it confirms only forward and backwards for the legs, what a let down just to fit a mark43

We actually have no idea why they made that decision. My engineering background would lead me to believe that it has more to do with supporting an 18 LB figure than it does with restricting movement for the 43 cavity. I can just imagine the rage from collectors if they hadn't done that and a year from now Hulkbusters start falling over, smashing peoples entire collection.

News flash people: This is an action figure based on an imaginary 3D render. It won't be perfect. It won't fly. The arc reactor will not act as an emergency power supply for your house. This is one of the largest, heaviest, most detailed, articulated action figures ever made -- we should be happy it even exists.

I'm not sure anyone has used that verbiage. Are folks not allowed to express their hopes, preferences and disappointments? I know I am a little bummed the Mark 43 capability resulted in reduced articulation and tweaked aesthetics. Not too mention that bit of engineering (and it is draw dropping engineering) pushed back the figure for months, maybe even years.

:slap

First… it was a joke, not literal.

Second… why can't people just be happy that this made it out? It is a stunning piece, so well done
and with it's size and heft, a little reduced articulation is not the end of the world.

Look at Budget Stark… he was exhausted just trying to use the articulation that it does have, lol.

First… it was a joke, not literal.

Second… why can't people just be happy that this made it out? It is a stunning piece, so well done
and with it's size and heft, a little reduced articulation is not the end of the world.

Look at Budget Stark… he was exhausted just trying to use the articulation that it does have, lol.

My bad for the misunderstanding. I don't frequent the boards enough to know your personality. Yes, I agree it's a magnificent accomplishment and definitely a sight to behold. I know I am excited to display one. However, that proto did look astonishing and I like that people can express that. Having said that, I can certainly appreciate folks pushing back on overt negativity and check posters when they get hyper critical.

No problem at all, I for one am just happy to be getting him. I will be using the included bust
and keeping my Mark 43 displayed in front of him.

No matter the delays, in the end JC and his team killed it. AGAIN.

Got to at least appreciate the little things :)

Back