1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just going to use a $10 4 channel RF switched relay

I channel for each of the following

Arc Reactors
Eyes
Secondary body lights
Repulsers

It might even fit into Hulkbusters torso

What voltage do those things put out you need to make sure to use the right volt and amp rating so you dont damage the leds ?

Ok cool, wow 16 LR41’s you have more than just hot toys to light up . I thought the only iron man that used LR41 where hulkbuster and 1/4 scale ones .

So far, just HT Iron Man - HB, Igor, all QS and a few select armours. 8 reactors and enough cables to rewire a small city (see the photo I posted yesterday :)). That's not even the full collection - I'm seeing how this lot work out before doing the others :)

Update... bent paperclips to the rescue :)

20171208_102941357_iOS.jpg

I'm just going to use a $10 4 channel RF switched relay

I channel for each of the following

Arc Reactors
Eyes
Secondary body lights
Repulsers

It might even fit into Hulkbusters torso

This exactly Boba. I have one similar for him and I chuckle at the $180 dropping on soaps. I understand the fear on wiring things but the currents are limited on the relays and they are safe. Many more cost effective solutions out there.

I could wire all 70 of my Iron Man figures for less than $180 dollars. LoL.

Hell, I can use a smart plug and have a custom skill command for Alexa to turn it on for me.

This exactly Boba. I have one similar for him and I chuckle at the $180 dropping on soaps. I understand the fear on wiring things but the currents are limited on the relays and they are safe. Many more cost effective solutions out there.

I could wire all 70 of my Iron Man figures for less than $180 dollars. LoL.

Hell, I can use a smart plug and have a custom skill command for Alexa to turn it on for me.

That would be awesome having Alexa turning your armors on! I have no technical skills what so ever, I would have no idea of how to wire and light up all of my Iron Man figures.

Oh and PS, I just got my Hulkbuster this morning. Just have to make it through the work day, then I can open it.

Ah so this will run at the required voltage ?

Aren't different batteries or numbers of batteries used. How can you get around that ?

What voltage do those things put out you need to make sure to use the right volt and amp rating so you dont damage the leds ?

This board puts out 5vdc but I just read the HB uses some LR41s which at 1.5vdc

On the 5vdc out put you can use a resistor a zener diode in series to drop the voltage.

But if all of Hulkbuster's batteries are the LR41 you can just run 2 light circuits in series to drop the voltage to 3vdc and then I would just get the 3vdc version.

Can someone lease post a list of all of the battery compartment locations and battery requirements?

On the 5vdc out put you can use a resistor a zener diode in series to drop the voltage.

But if all of Hulkbuster's batteries are the LR41 you can just run 2 light circuits in series to drop the voltage to 3vdc and then I would just get the 3vdc version.

Can someone lease post a list of all of the battery compartment locations and battery requirements?

Head LR41 X 1
Hands LR41 X 2
Reactor LR44 X 1
Hand Armor LR621 X 2
Calf LR44 X 2
MK43 Bust inside LR621 X 1 + LR936 X1

Appreciate it if you can put a step by step way of making it including materials you need coz I know nothing about being an electrician.

Head LR41 X 1
Hands LR41 X 2
Reactor LR44 X 1
Hand Armor LR621 X 2
Calf LR44 X 2

Appreciate it if you can put a step by step way of making it including materials you need coz I know nothing about being an electrician.

That's actually just the number of compartments per position (2 hands, 2 legs etc...). Each compartment actually takes three cells of the listed type.

That's actually just the number of compartments per position (2 hands, 2 legs etc...). Each compartment actually takes three cells of the listed type.

So it's all still 4.5 volts

Yes I will post an step by step tutorial of how I do this. I plan to use a power supply when it is in my display but a battery pack when it isn't

Where are the battery compartments physically located on the figure

Head LR41 X 1
Hands LR41 X 2
Reactor LR44 X 1
Hand Armor LR621 X 2
Calf LR44 X 2

For instance, are the hand replusor battery compartment actually on the hands on in the arm....

Etc

So it's all still 4.5 volts

Yes I will post an step by step tutorial of how I do this. I plan to use a power supply when it is in my display but a battery pack when it isn't

Thank you for doing this. I'm very interested in doing this when my HB arrives along with my KA Hulkbuster. Maybe the KA Mark 43 as well.

Where are the battery compartments physically located on the figure

Head LR41 X 1
Hands LR41 X 2
Reactor LR44 X 1
Hand Armor LR621 X 2
Calf LR44 X 2

For instance, are the hand replusor battery compartment actually on the hands on in the arm....

Etc

Head - under a panel at the very top
Hands - back of hand by wrist
Reactor - back centre
Hand armour - underside about central
Calf - Back, just below knee
Bust - not looked :)

This is cheaper wired lighting setup is awesome.

Im potentially interested in this type of setup for a Mk46. He’ll need less voltage than the HB but i guess i should be able to scale it from any numbers shown from the HB circuit calcs. Or maybe someone is also going to run the mk46 with their hb ??

In any case, some pics with this would be great. Especially the connection (soldering) of wires to battery compartment and how that is best done.

If its one thing which annoys me with a figure with a lot of lights is the inability to quickly turn them on or off.

The voltage reuirement is the same for both figures which s 4.5 vdc, it is the current requirement that changes but most power supplies are 1 amp and that is enough to run anything.

I have two 4.5vdc 1 amp power supplies running my HOA bays which have a ton of individual LEDs.

The voltage reuirement is the same for both figures which s 4.5 vlots, it is the current requirement that changes but most power supplies are 1 amp and that is enough to run anything.

I have two 4.5vdc 1 amp power supplies running my HOA bays which have a ton of individual LEDs.

Ok great if that's the case then it's easier than I thought. Was just concerned about burning out the leds with potentially too much power to the smaller ones.

The soldering to the terminals in the figure is probably my greatest issue. Surely there must be cheap alternatives for pieces like the soap that plug in. Or perhaps the soldering is not too hard.

You can use a wood dowel to make a battery adapter. You just cut it to the correct length (including the screws) and attach a wire to each end with screws.

Then you use it in place of the batteries

Here is an example of one I made to replace 3 AAA batteries in my HOA wall panels

Back