1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jumping on the 2.0 version. Yeah, sure I'll wait another 2 years for the IW version. :wave

Ehh... maybe they’ll make a 2.0. You might be waiting a long time. You know damn well if hot toys sees a 60+ character film their gonna try and give them all!! Especially with a marvel name on it. For me personally they’ll end up making is sleek and more high tech, which I don’t like. I like the big tank look which is why I want this and own the WM diecast v1 figure. That’s the great thing about this hobby we al mix and match to our own preferences haha

Everything you could want and more. [emoji91]
6289ce1774660311572fb3e1673dbbbd.jpg
35cc5a5dc89144be917323dd6fddd74f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You fit the 46 in there? That's cool. Looks like it has the same proportions as the 43/43 then. I have the 45 but highly doubt it will fit considering how buff that version is.

The 46 isn’t a perfect fit, but for how I want to display it, it’s perfect. I’ll be uploading a video later today.

I'm jumping on the 2.0 version. Yeah, sure I'll wait another 2 years for the IW version. :wave

Ya, I saw in the Spidey thread you're pretty positive that Hot Toys is going to make the 2.0 version from Infinity Wars. I'm not so convinced. I can't imagine they made much profit off the first one and if any are left on the shelf six months from now you can all but guarantee they won't be going in for a second dip.

Second point being, what if it doesn't look good? So far I have been less than stoked on both the Thanos redesign, as well as the IM one, and that grainy shot of HB didn't look anything like a repaint to my eyes. Time will tell though, and I hope you're right! I'd love a HB1 vs HB2 shelf.

Ya, I saw in the Spidey thread you're pretty positive that Hot Toys is going to make the 2.0 version from Infinity Wars. I'm not so convinced. I can't imagine they made much profit off the first one and if any are left on the shelf six months from now you can all but guarantee they won't be going in for a second dip.

I agree. There are a lot of other figures I think they would focus on first for infinity war before even thinking about doing another hulkbuster unless it's almost exactly the same figure (e.g. mark 46 and 47).The Hulkbuster is going to be a lower volume product that won't sell as much due to the size. A big figure like this that doesn't move significant volume just ties up their factories and distribution channels that could be used for the smaller figures that likely are also higher margin for them.

I'm waiting to see the customiser variants they're going to do with this one!

Second point being, what if it doesn't look good? So far I have been less than stoked on both the Thanos redesign, as well as the IM one, and that grainy shot of HB didn't look anything like a repaint to my eyes. Time will tell though, and I hope you're right! I'd love a HB1 vs HB2 shelf.

I understand your point and no one will really know whether they will do a HB2 or not.
However, I will add this... Hot Toys has proven that they will milk this franchise for all it's worth. I mean, I don't think there's an armor they did NOT develop and release for sale. LOL! They pretty much did all of them. Then add to that, they have done the same armor multiple times. The Mk.III for example was re-engineered for it's latest version and is nothing like MMS 110.

I understand your point and no one will really know whether they will do a HB2 or not.
However, I will add this... Hot Toys has proven that they will milk this franchise for all it's worth. I mean, I don't think there's an armor they did NOT develop and release for sale. LOL! They pretty much did all of them. Then add to that, they have done the same armor multiple times. The Mk.III for example was re-engineered for it's latest version and is nothing like MMS 110.

I have to agree. Hot Toys seems very committed to the Iron Man franchise. I can understand other properties such as BTTF not getting their second Delorean, but this is Iron Man we’re talking about. They’ll produce the armor. I have no doubts.

They would only make a 2.0, if the first one sells well. They are clearly moving away from the bigger pieces (vehicles, dioramas), so it wouldn't surprise me if this is the last large piece they make for sale. Everything else (Batmobile, Millenium Falcon cockpit/diorama, Rey's Speeder Bike, etc.) seem to be only for display purposes at shows....

Back