1/6 Hot Toys - MMS285 - Avengers: AOU - Hulkbuster

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early July? Doesn't that mean it will come out in HK very soon?

It would've had to have been released about two or three weeks ago in HK if Sideshow were getting it in early July.

I don't think SSC will see it before late August, that's my guess.

I can't remember if I guessed September but I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see this until well into the fall.

The amazing paint job on the 45 has me pretty pumped for HB. Fingers crossed we get that nice gold. Although, I don't know where that would leave the 43's mask that's inside though.

I doubt they use the same gold on this. It didn't have that electroplated look on screen.

I doubt they use the same gold on this. It didn't have that electroplated look on screen.

The faceplate definitely did.

Hulkbuster_Armor-AOU.jpg

No, that's not the same as the mk45.

The hulk buster is gold and reflective but it's not the same as the 45. Which is electroplated or anodized.

Last edited:
Okay, well in my opinion it is. You are very entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. The Hulkbusters faceplate is a high gloss gold -- pretty hard to argue with.

Yeah, it's gold. I was just saying I wouldn't expect the hulk buster to have the same type of coloring. The mk45 was unique in color. The mk44 is the same tone as the 43. And you can look at the mk44 from other companies and see they pretty much agree.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The delays don't bother me. While I definitely plan to add, I'll probably hold off until the November/December time frame provided it doesn't sell out. I've been hoping HT would announce a diecast version, but that's looking less likely. I'll wait for in-hand reviews, hang around for a few months and then pick it up.

A diecast hulk buster? Yea, that's not gonna happen. If they ever (and I really doubt they would) where to do one it would be a long long time after they release the regular. Tooling (molds and things that attach the molds to the machines) is the most expensive part of making a figure and diecast uses a different tooling process so that would require new tooling. If they release two versions of the same figure with different tooling each figure would suffer from increased cost and less profit (the tooling cost is not spread out evenly across the entire production run but split between two separate production items).

It's really not something they would do.

Pretty hard to gauge the reflectivity of a still object, but those really tiny low res images sure to help prove your point. I still disagree.

I get you prefer one look over the other. Nothing wrong with that.

Your point that you can't tell it's highly reflective on the hulkbuster screen grab be issue its a "still" is pretty much disproved when you look right next to it and have a still from the same film and it's clearly a different finish.

Watch the film and compare the mk44 to the 43 and 45 and then tell me which one it "best" matches. And it's the 43 not the 45. Yes, the faceplate is reflective. But it's still not the same look as the 45.

The 43 and 44 share the same pallet. The red and gold are the same on each. The 45 was different mainly because it had a completely different effects team working on it. The 43 and 44 where rendered by a different team them the 45

Wasn't trying to be buzz kill..just let you know that the chances are the HB will not have the same paint scheme as the 45.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
A diecast hulk buster? Yea, that's not gonna happen. If they ever (and I really doubt they would) where to do one it would be a long long time after they release the regular. Tooling (molds and things that attach the molds to the machines) is the most expensive part of making a figure and diecast uses a different tooling process so that would require new tooling. If they release two versions of the same figure with different tooling each figure would suffer from increased cost and less profit (the tooling cost is not spread out evenly across the entire production run but split between two separate production items).

It's really not something they would do.

I've gotten burned with diecast reissues a couple of times already. So the last thing I want to have happen is to drop $900 for a figure only to have a preferred version show up a year or two later. Since I'm not in a hurry to get a HB, I can wait 6 months to a year to see what happens. Sure if the regular version lingers there won't be a reason for them to make an even more expensive diecast and that's fine. I'm sitting on a BTTF Delorean and HT has already teased a BTTF2 Delorean. If the 2nd version comes out I'll sell the 1st and probably lose a couple hundred dollars in the process. Still happy that a HB is coming and look forward to adding it to the collection.

So far hot toys has only reissued one figure in diecast, and it was like 6 years later. The mk3.

the bttf thing is a completely separate issue. It is from two different films. And it's reusing the same tooling. What your talking about with the HB is just not the same. If, and this is a massive if, they ever redid the HB in diecast it would be closer to ten years later. Unless it's in another film. And even then, the chances are super slim. There's zero reason to do it.

The "diecast" part is just marketing. They did the mk3 as a diecast just to get people to buy it. It wasn't done just to be diecast. And remaking the hulkbuster right after it came out in diecast even a year later, there's just no real incentive.

Even the upcoming war machine figure is like 5 or 6 years after the original. If your waiting on a diecast hulkbuster and expecting it to release in the year after the normal your not gonna see it. Throw in that the reissued diecast figures are done to keep the iron man 1 and iron man 2 licenses in hot toys control that eliminates the other reason for hot toys to do it.(if they don't release a figure ever couple years from a license then the rights revert back to marvel and marvel can offer it back up or force hot toys to pay for it again)

To me.. It looks like the center piece of the face is much more reflective than the rest of the gold on the suit.

image_zpsxwv6zmsj.jpg

image_zpsisyrk1gf.jpg

image_zpsgerhr2ch.jpg

At different angles the same parts have different appearances. There's parts where the gold bands around the knee look super reflective and parts where they don't. Yes, it's a reflective gold. But in no scene does it appear that the 44 is the same tone as the 45.

And all the marketing reflects that as well.

With it looking like the 43 faceplate, in the same scene, has the same tone and shine and the red is the same on both...and the mk45 is not the same as the 43 in either area, that it's much more likely the 44 matches the suit that it shares screen time and colors with. Any things possible, I'll grant that. I just wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
I've gotten burned with diecast reissues a couple of times already. So the last thing I want to have happen is to drop $900 for a figure only to have a preferred version show up a year or two later. Since I'm not in a hurry to get a HB, I can wait 6 months to a year to see what happens. Sure if the regular version lingers there won't be a reason for them to make an even more expensive diecast and that's fine. I'm sitting on a BTTF Delorean and HT has already teased a BTTF2 Delorean. If the 2nd version comes out I'll sell the 1st and probably lose a couple hundred dollars in the process. Still happy that a HB is coming and look forward to adding it to the collection.

If you want a Diecast HB you could get the King Arts version. There is no chance of getting one from HT.

At different angles the same parts have different appearances. There's parts where the gold bands around the knee look super reflective and parts where they don't. Yes, it's a reflective gold. But in no scene does it appear that the 44 is the same tone as the 45.

And all the marketing reflects that as well.

With it looking like the 43 faceplate, in the same scene, has the same tone and shine and the red is the same on both...and the mk45 is not the same as the 43 in either area, that it's much more likely the 44 matches the suit that it shares screen time and colors with. Any things possible, I'll grant that. I just wouldn't bet on it.

i disagree. the screenshot you've posted of the 43, the reflection looks fairly dull and not as crisp as the center part of the 44. especially when watching it in action, it's more apparent how reflective the 44's mask is. i mean, look at the second shot that i posted, in the top of the mask you can see the reflection of the clouds in the sky, and even his left arm.

there's just no way you can watch the sequences and say that the 43's face plate has the same reflectivity as the 44's. there's just no way.

i'm not going to argue about the tone of the gold between 44 and 45.. but going back and watching the scenes, the mask of the 44 is absolutely without a doubt more reflective than the 45's. the 44's face mask is practically a mirror, you can tell by how much more crisp the reflections are.

what does promotional material have to do with anything? how many times do we talk about the promotional material being based on early unfinished designs? that's the case with almost any movie that uses a lot of CG. i'm a big transformers fan (not of the movies, obviously) but when they release promotional material for the movies, there have been plenty of inaccuracies between the marketing and the actual designs seen on screen.

i doubt hot toys will add the almost mirrored gold to the 44. but it should be there.

We already know what the HT 44 will look like so this is all kind of pointless. It's not going to look like the 45 and that's fine with me i like them all to look a little different.

Back