1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just our dollar right now, plus SS and Hot toys keep upping their prices, im kind of surprised any canadian is still collecting, when the dollar evens out and you try and sell it will be at a loss [emoji38]
Well if you look around kijiji, there are quite a few hot toys ironman selling for cheap.

Thanks guys for commenting. I'm considering to sell my 1/4 scale batman to buy this iron man. US collectors are so lucky! The tax is really brutal here in Canada plus the CDN dollar suck so much so waiting for newer iron man won't make much difference unless CDN dollar goes up. Gotta say goodbye to this hobby soon. I've been selling my collections. Thinking grabbing 43 as last piece along with my fewer remaining collection.

Thanks guys for commenting. I'm considering to sell my 1/4 scale batman to buy this iron man. US collectors are so lucky! The tax is really brutal here in Canada plus the CDN dollar suck so much so waiting for newer iron man won't make much difference unless CDN dollar goes up. Gotta say goodbye to this hobby soon. I've been selling my collections. Thinking grabbing 43 as last piece along with my fewer remaining collection.
Are you in Toronto by any chance?

Is that figure REALLY worth $500 now? WOW! :eek:

If that's really the case then I'm happy to sell my boxed copy to whoever doesn't mind having it shipped from Europe. Or trade for a figure of similar value :)

If that's really the case then I'm happy to sell my boxed copy to whoever doesn't mind having it shipped from Europe. Or trade for a figure of similar value :)

No no. It's 500 in CDN dollar. In US, it's around 350. It all comes down to currency conversion rate.

No no. It's 500 in CDN dollar. In US, it's around 350. It all comes down to currency conversion rate.
Japanese used toy store chain Mandarake is selling it for roughly around $390 canadian dollars. Although it is 2nd hand, some of these were never opened and were let go because of small minor damages on its packaging. In the end, all that really matters is the condition of the figures itself.

Japanese used toy store chain Mandarake is selling it for roughly around $390 canadian dollars. Although it is 2nd hand, some of these were never opened and were let go because of small minor damages on its packaging. In the end, all that really matters is the condition of the figures itself.

Yeah, I am taking a look at it. I've never known this website. Thanks for the tip.

I doubt this figure will ever reach the $500 American mark. We still have 4+ years of new Iron Man suits.

Yeah, I am taking a look at it. I've never known this website. Thanks for the tip.
I usually never get taxed for customs on EMS shipping. And EMS tends to deliver within 3 business days so there's that to consider. I'm still waiting for my Ironman mk43 stealth armor cosbaby from them but for that, I chose the cheaper SAL shipping method.

Note that mandarake has the special edition in stock for a few bucks more.

You Canadians really do get ripped off because this figure can be found on Australian websites for $450 shipped, including the 10% GST. Our dollar is even lower than the Canadian against the US as well. Just seems like you're getting overcharged for the products over there and especially in Toronto.
There's also that comic store on Spadina between Dundas and College. I know they sell quite a few HT, but I don't know if their prices are any better.

You Canadians really do get ripped off because this figure can be found on Australian websites for $450 shipped, including the 10% GST. Our dollar is even lower than the Canadian against the US as well. Just seems like you're getting overcharged for the products over there and especially in Toronto.
There's also that comic store on Spadina between Dundas and College. I know they sell quite a few HT, but I don't know if their prices are any better.

Oh I know which store you are talking about! I bought Neca arkham knight there for 170. I already checked their price. They sell it 599.99 plus tax which is nearly 680. Yes, it's bad time to collect for us Candian. I found local seller for 485. Do you think I should get it?Sadly, its not even special edition so no extra iron man head.

Oh I know which store you are talking about! I bought Neca arkham knight there for 170. I already checked their price. They sell it 599.99 plus tax which is nearly 680. Yes, it's bad time to collect for us Candian. I found local seller for 485. Do you think I should get it?Sadly, its not even special edition so no extra iron man head.
Bloody hell they really are overpriced in that store lol.

I don't know. That's probably close to what you should be paying in total for that figure. if you're not in a huge hurry to pick it up, perhaps it is better till the 45 is released and more people might be trying to sell off their 43.

The special edition will probably be too expensive to get now. I just picked up the normal version and I'm happy with that one.

Is it Anime Extreme? Never been to their store but have run into them at conventions. They inflate their prices but its nothing ridiculous like X2 Game Store on Kennedy and Steeles.

Is it Anime Extreme? Never been to their store but have run into them at conventions. They inflate their prices but its nothing ridiculous like X2 Game Store on Kennedy and Steeles.

Yes yes! It is! Then next day, I found a priveate seller selling it for 130. But I don't really regret bc I chose between two product. The guy actually let me open th ebox and have a look at it. Of course I had to pay first.

Bloody hell they really are overpriced in that store lol.

I don't know. That's probably close to what you should be paying in total for that figure. if you're not in a huge hurry to pick it up, perhaps it is better till the 45 is released and more people might be trying to sell off their 43.

The special edition will probably be too expensive to get now. I just picked up the normal version and I'm happy with that one.

Congrats! Will you post some pics? When you get a chance. I'm not interested in getting mk 45. It's like an alien version iron man. Plus people will head for bankrupt if we all buy whenever hot toys make new iron man. Gotta be selective in this hobby :)

Yes yes! It is! Then next day, I found a priveate seller selling it for 130. But I don't really regret bc I chose between two product. The guy actually let me open th ebox and have a look at it. Of course I had to pay first.
You bought your mk43 already?

Back