1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Show me one shot of the arc reactor in the movie ever being visible through the suit... The white out will help disperse the light and prevent retina damage cause by all previous suits

The Silver Centurion EX head doesnt fit on the body, but I dont think that was a battle damaged bit

True but holding out hope. My reasoning is that the silver centurion head was on fire. It makes sense not to put that one on!!

I am not sure if anyone has noticed. They have made a mod. There is another flap on the side of the waist for more articulation.

Show me one shot of the arc reactor in the movie ever being visible through the suit... The white out will help disperse the light and prevent retina damage cause by all previous suits

I agree with this comment 100%! Personally I think all of the IM suits that HT has released are way too bright with maybe the exception of the helmet. I don't light mine up so I would have to check it again.

Two more shots I took today

15876513110_9d3d2e16f4_b_d.jpg

Look at those couple of accessories that don't have the glossy finish. They've got the 1/4 43 paint going on. Weird!

I didn't notice the arc reactor until everyone else pointed it out, but is it possible it's flat now because there's something they haven't revealed from the movie yet? If that's the case, I'm surprised they revealed the red eyed helmet but chose to hide the arc reactor design.

I have to say that the Mark 43 design is growing on me. The price isn't, but if I only buy one Iron Man figure, it's becoming tolerable (especially with the extras).

I didn't notice the arc reactor until everyone else pointed it out, but is it possible it's flat now because there's something they haven't revealed from the movie yet? If that's the case, I'm surprised they revealed the red eyed helmet but chose to hide the arc reactor design.

I have to say that the Mark 43 design is growing on me. The price isn't, but if I only buy one Iron Man figure, it's becoming tolerable (especially with the extras).

The fact that Stark no longer has a reactor in his chest the reason it's no longer a triangle? Last we saw him in IM3, he threw that one in the ocean.

I wonder how long the exclusive will last. I thought it would be gone already.

The fact that Stark no longer has a reactor in his chest the reason it's no longer a triangle? Last we saw him in IM3, he threw that one in the ocean.

I wonder how long the exclusive will last. I thought it would be gone already.

Its the Price :lecture, and the NRD that is keeping many potential buyers at bay

So flaming but what's so bad about the NRD?

I personally don't mind an NRD, but I think most people just don't like them.
I 100% know I want the 43 EX so I didnt mind paying it, and I'm getting everything from AOU so the pricing of other figures is irrelevant

I don't like the NRD because discount codes could pop up at anytime between now and when it ships. Even 20% is a pretty good chunk of savings. On orders without the NRD you can cancel and re-order using the code. For Exclusives, obviously doing it that way would be a gamble, but for the most part I find Hot Toys exclusives to be take-it-or-leave-it, so I'd rather wait for savings.

The bad part about the NRD is that its non refundable. I put in an order for the 1/6 mark 43 exclusive. Now just a few days later, I don't want it anymore. I want the the 1/4 mark 43 revealed at toy soul, but I'm stuck with the $34 deposit I paid for the 1/6 mark 43.

Come to think about it, I don't even want the diecast mark III anymore, but I already paid the NRD. Thats $64 in non refundable deposits for figures I don't want.

I don't like the NRD because discount codes could pop up at anytime between now and when it ships. Even 20% is a pretty good chunk of savings. On orders without the NRD you can cancel and re-order using the code. For Exclusives, obviously doing it that way would be a gamble, but for the most part I find Hot Toys exclusives to be take-it-or-leave-it, so I'd rather wait for savings.

I've said this in a couple other threads and it seems Hot Toys and Sideshow are going to start communicating figure demand much more closely now. For many of the reasons you are saying. I think a bunch of newer collectors are coming to expect the discount codes and while it's good for the buyer, I am sure sideshow doesn't enjoy giving up 20 cents of every dollar in margin back.

It will be hard to tell though until the next wave of figures ship. You could see two methods for distribution.
1) They charge the NRD on specific pieces with larger production volumes to counter cancellations and recoup against future discounts on cancelled volume
2) No NRD on lower production figures that will sell out shortly after release like it was for the last few years which those figures will never make it to coupon status in 2 months by selling out the volume.

Most figures that come to discounts are overproduced and less popular nitch releases that I do not think you'll see much of in the foreseeable future.

The bad part about the NRD is that its non refundable. I put in an order for the 1/6 mark 43 exclusive. Now just a few days later, I don't want it anymore. I want the the 1/4 mark 43 revealed at toy soul, but I'm stuck with the $34 deposit I paid for the 1/6 mark 43.

Come to think about it, I don't even want the diecast mark III anymore, but I already paid the NRD. Thats $64 in non refundable deposits for figures I don't want.

This would be option 1 I just posted to counter cancellations with the NRD, leaving the buyer to dump it on the secondary market. :lol
Gonna drive collectors crazy with these NRDs if they are in the fence about purchases.

Realized the chest is just a plain white now... really miss the old suits with very detailed reactors.

I hate nrd but I ordered this one because I want the exclusive red glowing head and feel like its one of the better recent exclusives. The guy who mentioned price and nrd as big turnoffs is spot on. But the base of this guy is also probably the coolest one I have ever seen, thus making the price a little easier to stomach. WTF you gonna do? Keep on working I guess

Back