1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PicsArt_1424289708759.jpg
:wink1::lol

Has anyone seen Kotobukiya's 1:6 scale mark 43 figure yet? More a statue I know but I'll probably still buy it to go with my first Avengers Iron Man figure they made (the mark VII). :)

I have absolutely zero desire to get involved with this, so all I'll say is that off the top of my head, Motuxmen has stated on this forum that he's worked for SSC, Sony, Disney, and now Legacy. To me, that's an easy :rolleyes2 but some of his comments have been insightful. That's all I'll say about the matter.

Yeah I've never cared for battle damage. I guess of you're the type of collector that sets up dioramas it might be different but being a museum poser I want clean figs.

It's not too extreme with MK43 so I still might get it. Haven't decided yet if i'm gonna choose this over the MK3

I'd definitely prefer the clean look too but with some of the nitpicking and complaints you see it's hard to blame them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah its bull.... I know there are far more pressing issues with Hot Toys but a petition to end this needs to be made...... I figure 300,000 sigs would be enough :lol

Well it looks like we have a few signatures here, need a fair few more though for 300,000. lol ;)

902314-iron-man-mark-xliii-012.jpg

Nice armor.... except for the battle damage(scratches etc) I hate that crap

Why? you think IM armors are constantly brand new and shiny? even flying through the atmosphere is gunna do some wear and tear, more realistic

They don't want returns & battle damage means they can avoid most issues I guess.

this makes no sense, its still easy to tell what is a paint app and what is actually damaged...

this makes no sense, its still easy to tell what is a paint app and what is actually damaged...

If that were really true we wouldn't see countless pictures of figure after figure with people unhappy with their figures & wanting to know if they've got a damaged figure or if it's supposed to be like that. I personally just look at a figure & decide if I'm happy with it or not..., doesn't get anymore complicated than that.

If that were really true we wouldn't see countless pictures of figure after figure with people unhappy with their figures & wanting to know if they've got a damaged figure or if it's supposed to be like that.

I just call that battle damage that is so realistic, you think its actual damage.

My main concern with figures is broken parts, only had the 1 Iron Man figure turn up damaged so far (out of 10) & I can't say that I've thought the paint work was not as it should be on any figure, I'm a happy customer you might say. lol :)

I said nothing on the subject, my point is even if something is perfectly fine and the way its meant to be, a moron will still be a moron and ask a dumb question...

I've noticed that some people seem to look for problems when none exist as a way to return the figure without costing themselves any money..., if you (whoever) change your mind about something once you've got it, I'd say just sell it on yourself. :) I've never flogged something on, not always totally happy but keep everything I buy anyway as things tend to grow on me so I give them all time to do so. lol

I have absolutely zero desire to get involved with this, so all I'll say is that off the top of my head, Motuxmen has stated on this forum that he's worked for SSC, Sony, Disney, and now Legacy. To me, that's an easy :rolleyes2 but some of his comments have been insightful. That's all I'll say about the matter.

Never said disney nor Sony. I have stated projects I've worked on. When you work in the film and prop and wardrobe and art world in general you tend to work with/for/through a lot of companies and organizations. It's not like the normal work world in many ways.

Even if you don't beleive I have done anyrhing I've said, think about it logically. The things often said to make argument that I couldn't have done this or what not...are exactly the things that anyone that's spent years working in the film industry would have to do. If I where a gaffer or sound engineer or photographer or wardrobe or catering even...in that industry, and I worked on more then one movie how many companies do you think I would list as places? How about the stunt guys?

Forget if it's me, who cares, but if you looked at Stan Winston or Michael Westmoore or john kelso....how many companies do you think they would have worked with. You may know two of those names, but the third maybe not. And he's worked on everything from xmen to spiderman to Van Helsing and NCIS and Bones and commercials.

And legacy and before them Stan Winston studios do everything from tent pole movies like Avengers to Laundry detergent commercials, to working with Sideshow on statues, and even building theme rooms for mega churches and rich people. They employee everyone from dry wallers and carpenters to VFX and makeup artists.

It's funny, people act like no one does these jobs. You do get that there are actual people that do the work. Tens of thousands of people work in the film industry, and prop making and sets and what not. And not all of them are household names. In fact very few are. Some of us are not as skilled as others. I'm not. But what I do have going for me is a wide range of experience and flexibility that makes it possible for me to get work if I need it. I don't work much these days. A project here and there. But mostly I'm retired.

How many companies have you worked for in your life time? Been in the same job at the same company forever? If so fantastic. I wasn't that lucky. But just because I may have worked in a different field somehow everything is questioned. And people wonder why anyone from the collectible and film and TV and sports world don't interact more. So, if ou have worked at three companies can I roll my eyes and say, but I don't want to get involved?

Back