1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well heres more of the convo... clearly you started conversing on the topic of manufacturing

Still in line with main topic lol: Retooling Mark III is easier than making a new mould to produce Marks 1,4,5,6,7.
Again, never requested for "expertise" on toy manufacturing.

While you're at it, maybe you could head down to the Hulkbuster Price Guess thread and enlighten all of us on why all of those guesses are wrong and only you are right.

Seriously need to stop falling back to the "still in line with main topic" line because you can't cover your own tracks on the stuff you said earlier.

Still in line with main topic lol: Retooling Mark III is easier than making a new mould to produce Marks 1,4,5,6,7.
Again, never requested for "expertise" on toy manufacturing.

While you're at it, maybe you could head down to the Hulkbuster Price Guess thread and enlighten all of us on why all of those guesses are wrong and only you are right.

well fortunately anyone can go back and read it all, and you may not have said "hey can you explain this manufacturing thing to me" but when you say "oh no thats easy!" (publicly) and we explain to you why its not easy, then you argue about it? you are still inviting the discussion

and if someone guessed HB would cost $200... then yes that would be a stupid uneducated guess, and I would be happy to mock them for it

Interesting. That post is still in line with the common topic: after Mark III, easiest armor to do next out of the first 7 is the Mark II.
Nowhere in that post have I ever requested an education on toy manufacturing.

Even if you didn't request it (though I remember a post about differences between mks being small and easy to do where you even punctuated it with a question mark..which means ya did kinda ask for it) you needed it.

Making the changes needed to the mold/die of the mk3 to make a mk2 may not be easier then creating a new mold for a new figure. Depends on how they do it, how it's layed out, the way things are put together, and a bunch of other stuff. It may be easier to make a new mold, which would mean it's just as likely to be any other figure.

well fortunately anyone can go back and read it all, and you may not have said "hey can you explain this manufacturing thing to me" but when you say "oh no thats easy!" (publicly) and we explain to you why its not easy, then you argue about it? you are still inviting the discussion

I said it was easy for HT because they've done the same thing countless times. And even that guess is still based on my main topic: out of the first 7 armors, releasing mark II as diecast next seems to make the most business sense.

Maybe you should realize that what you think is hard for you, might not be for them?

Even if you didn't request it (though I remember a post about differences between mks being small and easy to do where you even punctuated it with a question mark..which means ya did kinda ask for it) you needed it.

Making the changes needed to the mold/die of the mk3 to make a mk2 may not be easier then creating a new mold for a new figure. Depends on how they do it, how it's layed out, the way things are put together, and a bunch of other stuff. It may be easier to make a new mold, which would mean it's just as likely to be any other figure.

You did say diecast molds are also more tedious to redo vs plastic in another thread right? So it's also something that would probably turn off Hot toys from doing immediately

So by your logic, there are no design costs associated with creating a new figure? And here I thought you had a lot of "knowledge" in toy manufacturing.

I said it was easy for HT because they've done the same thing countless times. And even that guess is still based on my main topic: out of the first 7 armors, releasing mark II as diecast next seems to make the most business sense.

Maybe you should realize that what you think is hard for you, might not be for them?

keep digging susie

Just pointing out something, maybe you should realize it could be the complete opposite and it be worst for them since they're doing it in such a grander scale than any of us has tried?

Just pointing out something, maybe you should realize it could be the complete opposite and it be worst for them since they're doing it in such a grander scale than any of us has tried?

I think the release of Midas, Peacemaker, countless tony starks, jokers and batman, and even mark 43, suggests otherwise. :lol

I think the release of Midas, Peacemaker, countless tony starks, jokers and batman, and even mark 43, suggests otherwise. :lol

non of which fit your argument... straight repaints and small single molds for head sculpts is not the same thing as retooling a mold

non of which fit your argument... straight repaints and small single molds for head sculpts is not the same thing as retooling a mold

Oh might i add mark Iv VI, original Marks II & III, and hotrod and iron patriot to my list.

Even the Mark I 2.0 should make the list :lol

Which goes back to why were explaining the manufacturing process. Seriously this is getting stupid

So by your logic, there are no design costs associated with creating a new figure? And here I thought you had a lot of "knowledge" in toy manufacturing.

No, by my logic, if the "change" in the molds is sufficient enough that it requires nearly as much as a new figure then it's just as likely to get a new figure as one with changes.

You said in you post earlier that it's a simple change, a chest piece with some rivets. But those rivets where on the arms, back flaps, legs chest. So that means less then 20% of the pieces would need zero mold changes. That much change would make it almost a completely new figure.

I never said a new figure was free. But hey, good deflecting.

youre like a doe in death throes... I dont think you even remember your past post, just grasping for straws at this point :lol

a9c596029565bd45a392430657cbe026.jpg

youre like a doe in death throes... I dont think you even remember your past post, just grasping for straws at this point :lol

I remember just fine. Just like those aforementioned figures, producing a mark II from a mark III should be no issue for HT, rather than going for the other Marks.
It seems to me you're the one grasping for straws right now :lol

Back