1/6 Hot Toys - MMS278D09 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first Hot Toys Iron Man and I am so giddy right now. When I opened it the metal tabs on the mask were already broken off so I had it exchanged no problems. No one can have 100% quality control I suppose. I remember seeing the Mark III come out and I drooled over it pretty bad but I wasn't able to get one. As the years went by I watched on the sidelines as more and better looking armors came out. But recently I decided to bite the bullet and dive in and I only regret not getting one sooner. I'm sure there is nothing I can say with how awesome this figure is that anyone else here who owns one doesnt already know. I was going to take some pics but then decided why not do something not yet seen... so without further ado, here is MY Iron Man Mark 43.

You got SERVED

"I've been waiting for you..."

Having fun after the blizzard

I got my first Hot Toys Iron Man and I am so giddy right now. When I opened it the metal tabs on the mask were already broken off so I had it exchanged no problems. No one can have 100% quality control I suppose. I remember seeing the Mark III come out and I drooled over it pretty bad but I wasn't able to get one. As the years went by I watched on the sidelines as more and better looking armors came out. But recently I decided to bite the bullet and dive in and I only regret not getting one sooner. I'm sure there is nothing I can say with how awesome this figure is that anyone else here who owns one doesnt already know. I was going to take some pics but then decided why not do something not yet seen... so without further ado, here is MY Iron Man Mark 43.

You got SERVED

Having fun after the blizzard

Lol...nice pic.

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I ran into an issue and wanted to see if it was a common issue. On the right knee when it is bent all the way, there is a small silver flap/cover (above the knee)that is attached to two pegs. On my figure, when I straighten out the leg, this flap pops off the peg on the right side. When I pop it back in and straighten the leg out it will pop out every time. Does anyone else have this issue?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Pre-Order Next Week)

I am really excited, guys! My GF bought me this HT for Valentine's day today off of the Bay. The guy selling it was even nice enough to give her a break on shipping. It's my first Hot Toy but my first IM! Which is odd, since that is the first HT I saw and consequently, made me aware of, and covet, the entire line. Anyway, yeah, back on track: Son, I am excite.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AOU - Iron Man Mark 43 (Pre-Order Next Week)

I am really excited, guys! My GF bought me this HT for Valentine's day today off of the Bay. The guy selling it was even nice enough to give her a break on shipping. It's my first Hot Toy but my first IM! Which is odd, since that is the first HT I saw and consequently, made me aware of, and covet, the entire line. Anyway, yeah, back on track: Son, I am excite.

Congrats its a great figure and THE IM in my collection. The Hulkbuster I have coming will be great too. :hi5:

Thanks, guys! I feel like my collection will come together nicely in the next month. I have 5 detolfs and two bestas coming and now I FINALLY have an IM!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He arrived!
ab7e445a62f2e2f9335aa44c3a0610b4.jpg
18b53ceb9ee90efab0ed559f8decd2fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and clumsy fingers.

Thanks man! Hey, listen, the instructions said not to use any dynamic stand due to the weight (and it is heavy). Does anyone display their Iron Man in a "flying" position? If so, how?

A few people do. Ive seen people use the dynamic stand from Thor I believe. Most don't take the chance, but I've seen a few that have him in a flying pose, and I havent seen any problems. I know it's time consuming, but if you go back through this thread, you'll see a couple people having used a dynamic stand. Good luck and congrats on the figure!

Thanks man! Hey, listen, the instructions said not to use any dynamic stand due to the weight (and it is heavy). Does anyone display their Iron Man in a "flying" position? If so, how?

Congrats on the acquisition. :duff

Regarding the stand for dynamic posing, as others have stated, I've seen people do it, but I'm not sure how long it would hold up over a long period of time. I'd be more inclined to say that you should be fine and have no problems doing so, but then again, I'm also not the one who constructed the figure. They advise against it, so I simply keep mine displayed on the stock base that is intended for the figure.

Plus, it's a very cool diorama base.

Dynamic stands can be used. I had and still have no problems with mine. Been like this for say....4 months now.
189f148143b70602c55513d4a2fbd894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back