1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vest is a major part of the figure...what is considered an extended amount of time before you have to worry about fabric dye transferring to figure body? Are most folks just posing figure with shirt off so not to risk damaging body...and others leaving vest on cause they never plan on taking it off..seems like only two options. Be interested to hear some of you guys approaches or thoughts on problem.

SP, I have decided, for now, to leave the vest off for fear of both color transfer from the vest to the body and paint rub that can occur. The vest is very tight, especially when you do up the zipper. I am looking for a very thin undershirt that I can cut-down and place under the vest--of course this will make the vest even tighter still, so I may opt for not doing up the zipper in the fully kitted look.

I wonder if you paint the inside of the vest with either matt black acrylic or enamel paint whether it would cure the dye coming off?

I'm guessing it was a mistake and not intentional, ether way its a inconvenience, I sent to request for replacement this weekend, got a response yesterday, I responded within 20 minutes of the offer for 20 dollars off my next purchase saying I want a new figure, no response today...... and so on, it will likely take weeks or close to a month to actually get this resolved:impatient:

Ugh, that's low. Not good customer service.

Hope it all works out for you Skull :duff

Ugh, that's low. Not good customer service.

Hope it all works out for you Skull :duff

Thanks buddy,
Well, I called today to get it sorted out quicker, told them I want to return it for a full replacement figure sealed, I was told no, that they would send me a replacement body and stated it was not a returned figure, that it was spot checked to make sure everything was in the box, might be true but I have my suspicions:dunno However I decided to return it for a full refund, but that means losing all the rewards points I used to buy it about 70 dollars worth:thud:

In the end I didn't like the idea that I got an opened defective figure, replacing the body would have solved the main issue, even though the box was a bit roughed up to, but the feeling of excitement of getting my most anticipated figure of all time from Hot Toys was kind of tarnished by the whole experience. I'm sure most people would say I'm being overly picky, that might be true, they did try to resolve the issue, just not in the way I preferred. I accepted the replacement arm for my raiden figure last month, as the elbow was broken right out of the box, but that was a sealed figure when I received it, this was not.

Anyway I lost the rewards points and will have to wait about a week or two to get a refund but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I ordered a new one at BBTS at full price:p

Last edited:
So now they open hot toy figures to ensure everything is in the box?
I'm not buying it

Thanks buddy,
Well, I called today to get it sorted out quicker, told them I want to return it for a full replacement figure sealed, I was told no, that they would send me a replacement body and stated it was not a returned figure, that it was spot checked to make sure everything was in the box, might be true but I have my suspicions:dunno However I decided to return it for a full refund, but that means losing all the rewards points I used to buy it about 70 dollars worth:thud:

In the end I didn't like the idea that I got and opened defective figure, replacing the body would have solved the main issue, even though the box was a bit roughed up to, but the feeling of excitement of getting my most anticipated figure of all time from Hot Toys was kind of tarnished by the whole experience. I'm sure most people would say I'm being overly picky, that might be true, they did try to resolve the issue, just not in the way I preferred. I accepted the replacement arm for my raiden figure last month, as the elbow was broken right out of the box, but that was a sealed figure when I received it, this was not.

Anyway I lost the rewards points and will have to wait about a week or two to get a refund but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I ordered a new one at BBTS at full price:p
Sorry buddy.:( They really should have went out of their way to give you the sealed figure.

That's messed up if you don't get your reward points refunded.

Opened to check everything was in there? Whaaaaat? When did they start doing that? Not cool.

I would have simply accepted the replacement body, rather than lose all those reward points.

So now they open hot toy figures to ensure everything is in the box?
I'm not buying it

I'm not really ether, but I'm not going to argue with them, I do like SS as they have taken care of me in the few issues I've had in the past, out of 30 or so orders I've only had 2-3 issues total.

Hmmm... funny how they "check to see everything's in the box" but still send out a figure with paint chips.

I know right:dunno

Sorry buddy.:( They really should have went out of their way to give you the sealed figure.

I think they should have, I paid for a new figure, I should have got a new figure, not opened and damaged one:(

That's messed up if you don't get your reward points refunded.

Opened to check everything was in there? Whaaaaat? When did they start doing that? Not cool.

I would have simply accepted the replacement body, rather than lose all those reward points.

I took a few hours to think it over, it does suck I'm not going to lie, but every time I looked at the figure I couldn't think of nothing else but that it was used.

Sorry to hear but BBTS is the best!
Never EVER had one problem.

They are great, I've only had one issue with a broken figure(factory defect) which they resolved quickly.

Well I got the return label yesterday and shipped commando back this morning, now to wait for the refund...

You better get your RP's back...

Are you going to re-order somewhere else?

I ordered from BBTS, I lost the points, not to happy about that but I'm nearing the end of collecting high end 1/6 scale, I've got about all I could want at this point, that I'm I'm sick of paying nearly 300 per figure.

I ordered from BBTS, I lost the points, not to happy about that but I'm nearing the end of collecting high end 1/6 scale, I've got about all I could want at this point, that I'm I'm sick of paying nearly 300 per figure.

Sucks to hear about what happened with Sideshow, but considering how meaningful the movie and the character are to you, I hope you get a great one from BBTS. :duff

No problem, man. :duff Do you plan on doing a video review?

I'm not 100% sure, I kind of missed the boat on the early review thing, but having it in hand despite the defects I can say the figure looks badass, I was happy with it, I didn't dig out the accessories but wow what a load out.

I'm actually trying to transition out of the super expensive 1:6 figures to other formats, but I will always hold sixth scale up as the best in my book. Recently I've jumped into the Gentle Giant Jumbo G.I. Joe line and I'm loving it as I was a kid at the right time for that, in 1982 I was 4 years old and started getting them during that first wave so that have an important place in my collection. Anyway sorry for the long winded answer, I will likely review Commando and I'll be sure to post it here when I do:lol

Here's a look at the gijoe figures I'm talking about

21669451474_b3b7da9180_b.jpg

22430253841_c8ffc88439_b.jpg

Oh ***t I forgot you asked me about those in a PM. I had a few GI_JOE 3.75ers alright, used to love them. In Ireland they were called ''Action Force''. The vehicles were fantastic. Not sure I recognise those two though^ Maybe a little bit before I started getting them.

Oh ***t I forgot you asked me about those in a PM. I had a few GI_JOE 3.75ers alright, used to love them. In Ireland they were called ''Action Force''. The vehicles were fantastic. Not sure I recognise those two though^ Maybe a little bit before I started getting them.

They were some of my first action figures as a small boy, those are rock n roll and Grunt, but from the very beginning of the line in 1982, that line when all way to 1994.

Back