1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally bought this guy yesterday. Being delivered today. Paid $167.73 here in Japan. Price has gone even lower today ($163.71). Too good to pass up

Finally bought this guy yesterday. Being delivered today. Paid $167.73 here in Japan. Price has gone even lower today ($163.71). Too good to pass up

**** me, I payed more than twice that for my second Matrix alone, package was caught by customs. :mad:

On top of that an extra body for Conan.. :banghead

It ended up going even lower down to $155.58 before jumping back up to $171.71 at the moment. Patience is a virtue with some of these figures. Got the Damaged Robocop and Alex Murphy 2 pack a few days ago for $287.31 brand new shipped.

Looking at my repainted Commando sculpt and thinking this could be used for the missing link Terminator headsculpt? Would have to paint over the eyebrows though.
DSCF4163_zpsa7djgzwk.jpg

You know this sculpt is not to bad even with my crude repaint.

Just unboxed my Commando tonight, figure looks awesome and really weighs in, not going to gear him up right now, thinking I will pose the neca version in front to show both looks when it arrives.

Just a quick on the shelf photo for now, here's the 80's at its finest:lol

21669451474_b3b7da9180_b.jpg

I think I may have received someone's return, the shipper box was retaped shut, the inner box had no bag tape sealed and my figure has paint scrapes on the collar bone along with one hand not being attached, floating loose in the box, I just requested a replacement from SS.

Here's a few pics, what do you guys think?

21670199504_1cd103d1ee_b.jpg

22266905886_a553bc9d5a_b.jpg

22105210618_6b2402d8d7_b.jpg

22106100059_2a8faa6ff5_b.jpg

Last edited:
I think your spot on, pretty ****** of ss

I fear your right, it pisses me off to think that an official dealer of HT's would send its customers a returned item, I half expect something like that to happen on ebay, but not from a legit retailer:mad:

I also paid the extra 10 bucks for a pack out, just to receive someone's rejected figure:slap

I fear your right, it pisses me off to think that an official dealer of HT's would send its customers a returned item, I half expect something like that to happen on ebay, but not from a legit retailer:mad:

I also paid the extra 10 bucks for a pack out, just to receive someone's rejected figure:slap

Sorry to hear that, man. It wasn't from Sideshow, was it? I thought they had customers destroy their defective figures? In any case, I hope you can exchange it for a brand-new one. :duff

Sorry to hear that, man. It wasn't from Sideshow, was it? I thought they had customers destroy their defective figures? In any case, I hope you can exchange it for a brand-new one. :duff

Thanks buddy, it absolutely is from sideshow, sometime customers opt for returning figures which is what I must have got, someone's returned figure:slap I've had that happen once before from crossroads diecast with the mark 5 years ago, I sent that one back, but never from sideshow until Matrix. Not sure what to think about it, SS has been pretty good with me and maybe this was just a mistake, I also paid for a pack out but I also used rewards points so I don't know if that factored in to them thinking well he got a discount, send him the figure with a defect, I hope that's not the case, I just want a replacement so I can move on, this process takes annoyingly long:impatient:

Thanks buddy, it absolutely is from sideshow, sometime customers opt for returning figures which is what I must have got, someone's returned figure:slap I've had that happen once before from crossroads diecast with the mark 5 years ago, I sent that one back, but never from sideshow until Matrix. Not sure what to think about it, SS has been pretty good with me and maybe this was just a mistake, I also paid for a pack out but I also used rewards points so I don't know if that factored in to them thinking well he got a discount, send him the figure with a defect, I hope that's not the case, I just want a replacement so I can move on, this process takes annoyingly long:impatient:

Ugh, Sideshow should just send all returns back to HT. I never would've guessed they'd be capable of that. :ohbfrank:

Have they contacted you back yet? If so what did they say?

Ugh, Sideshow should just send all returns back to HT. I never would've guessed they'd be capable of that. :ohbfrank:

I'm guessing it was a mistake and not intentional, ether way its a inconvenience, I sent to request for replacement this weekend, got a response yesterday, I responded within 20 minutes of the offer for 20 dollars off my next purchase saying I want a new figure, no response today...... and so on, it will likely take weeks or close to a month to actually get this resolved:impatient:

Back