1/6 Hot Toys - MMS276 - Commando: John Matrix Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(though I would go shorter with the T-800s generally, I feel HT tends to make them too tall)
The Terminator FAQ

According to the 1984's Making of The Terminator, the Terminator weights 200 pounds and is 6'2. He has over a thousand moving parts.
6'2"=188 cm
188/6=31.3 cm
toy boots should give 0.5 cm max
so a terminator should be less than 32 cm high. as far as i remember, even the shortest MMS136 (stock variant) was higher. so you feel correct :)
on the other hand, 1/6 Tamiya bikes are too big for 1/6 Hot Toys terminators, so i don't know what to think about all that.

I chipped the head sculpt on this figure, but I saw one in person today, and it's a good looking HS in person.

Hi friends! Yesterday I received your Commando, is actually an excellent figure:clap

nWULoY5oick.jpg

yiHu_fAS8Ak.jpg

RtW0LRt4l-o.jpg

yzfFk4Bl-q0.jpg

MURIR74Pzrk.jpg

LONps1p2U0Q.jpg

Would it be safe for the paint on the body to use the plastic that Hot Toys uses in the packaging (say the ones used to cover the Iron Men figures) to fashion a layer underneath the tactical vest? Over time would the plastic adhere to the body? Any guesses...?

Would it be safe for the paint on the body to use the plastic that Hot Toys uses in the packaging (say the ones used to cover the Iron Men figures) to fashion a layer underneath the tactical vest? Over time would the plastic adhere to the body? Any guesses...?

Not sure really, maybe. :dunno

Hello,

I have bought a parted out head off ebay and I am thinking of using it for a custom Dutch. I have done a quick paint up of it so he is without the cam paint on his face. Not sure it will work as Dutch?

IMG_0042_zpsmiti6lec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0047_zpskhudujti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0048_zpsyouweoza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hello,

I have bought a parted out head off ebay and I am thinking of using it for a custom Dutch. I have done a quick paint up of it so he is without the cam paint on his face. Not sure it will work as Dutch?

IMG_0042_zpsmiti6lec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0047_zpskhudujti.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0048_zpsyouweoza.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks really good. I thought Arnie did have camo paint on his face in Predator though? You might want to use the Commando body too, will look great with the camo tank top you get with Dutch.

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback guys, much appreciated :duff

In case your interested I repainted the Commando sculpt & I am using the Wolverine tank top & Indy DX05 trousers. I got the Chainsaw on eBay & I found the log in my local park. :lol

Took a few more pics:

DSCF4145_zpsbonj052w.jpg

DSCF4146_zpsvzeapc12.jpg

DSCF4150_zpst113q26l.jpg

No flash pic
DSCF4156_zpspakzhdwy.jpg

Hello shells075, really like what you have done with your matrix figure. I am thinking that this is the way forward for me now. Not sure that the sculpt will be any good for Dutch. You are a 100% correct he does have camo on his face but it's a bit hard to choose where to put it. Ever picture I see on line its in a bit of a different place.
Your right the matrix body is the daddy of bodies at the moment but I not a big fan of rubber bodies. At the moment my sculpt is on an old dx10 body I had knocking about but I hate the thick chunky neck. Does anyone know if the ttm20 has the same fat neck as the dx10?

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, much appreciated :duff

In case your interested I repainted the Commando sculpt & I am using the Wolverine tank top & Indy DX05 trousers. I got the Chainsaw on eBay & I found the log in my local park. :lol

Took a few more pics:

DSCF4145_zpsbonj052w.jpg

DSCF4146_zpsvzeapc12.jpg

DSCF4150_zpst113q26l.jpg

No flash pic
DSCF4156_zpspakzhdwy.jpg

so, my opinion - to the Dutch sculpt does not fit, but if change the hairstyle and work on the eyebrows, get a great sculpt for the T 800 from Terminator 1984 Tech noir version.

Terminator%20Opening%201-420-100.jpg

Congrats, that's a pretty good deal for such a loaded figure.

Thanks!! I got lucky. Some vendors wanted retail or better for him. This guy has a few Hot Toy deals. I wanted the Sideshow R2, but they wanted retail. I asked why. They told me that with what Sideshow charges them, if they don't charge retail they don't make much profit.

Back