1/6 Hot Toys - MMS264 - X-Men: DOFP: Wolverine Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody noticed that the lower chest armor is warped to the right? I noticed it on mine and other pics im seeing.

a8d2498eefe65a8e0a621b070ec3b5dd.jpg

OK here it is - the complete bash

Same deal as the Stormtrooper I got last week. Beautiful figure. Simple straight forward. Just nice. Best wolverine and my excitement is only hindered because this is my fourth one. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to get it but with the lack of other characters coupled with that Xavier that never came out makes it even harder to swallow when there's every single kind of avenger being made.

Had they not been able to get the license id get it. I also get why they did wolverine, but I think that young and old professor x and magneto or mystique could have sold equally as well and most likely better than any Hawkeyes or black widows.

:lecture

:lol forgot about that :slap I should make a gif and BTTF him out of that photo :rotfl

He should just be fading...
I'm guessing that, at this stage, MAYBE Origins Wolverine might have happened. That series of events led to him getting his metal claws. But none of the other movies. Or at least, it diverges at some point before the end of X2 when Jean dies.

He should just be fading...
I'm guessing that, at this stage, MAYBE Origins Wolverine might have happened. That series of events led to him getting his metal claws. But none of the other movies. Or at least, it diverges at some point before the end of X2 when Jean dies.
Yeah Origins may have happened, the only thing that throws me off any predictions of what may have happened is Mystique being Stryker at the end of DOFP... WTH :lol

Yeah Origins may have happened, the only thing that throws me off any predictions of what may have happened is Mystique being Stryker at the end of DOFP... WTH :lol

In my opinion, it was just to get Wolverine where he needed to be in order to get the claws. And where he needed to be was in the hands of Stryker. Even if all she did was hand him over to the unit Stryker was in and leave. It would start Wolverine on the path he needed to go on to get his real claws.

Same deal as the Stormtrooper I got last week. Beautiful figure. Simple straight forward. Just nice. Best wolverine and my excitement is only hindered because this is my fourth one. Don't get me wrong I'm happy to get it but with the lack of other characters coupled with that Xavier that never came out makes it even harder to swallow when there's every single kind of avenger being made.

Had they not been able to get the license id get it. I also get why they did wolverine, but I think that young and old professor x and magneto or mystique could have sold equally as well and most likely better than any Hawkeyes or black widows.

You do know that it's not all on hot toys. Getting the license (especially with xmen) does not mean they can make any figure they want.

This licenses is unique in CBM in that neither studio aquired likeness rights in the actors contract. So each actor has to be consulted and can veto at any step. Mystique was never a possibility, as the actress has declined every attempted lives ing agreement for this property. Fassbender has also been nearly as reluctant. Though that has not been publicly confirmed or discussed.

With avengers Hot toys only has to deal with marvel. Marvel has full power over the likeness. It's not simple, and doing licensed merch is not near as easy as most people tend to think, but even more so when you aquire the license with expressed authenticity as a goal. There's an added level of scrutiny. Anyway...with Xmen..hot toys has to deal with marvel. And also Fox. And also each actor individually. So if they did something on the scope of avengers level, that's 23 times the amount of businesses (each actor being a business, as they have agents and managers and so on). And given that it not only costs significantly more money, and time, and has a track record that does not thus far approach something like avengers or iron man...how can you blame hot toys?

No one else made anything either really. As far as figures go.

Now for the next film I think things will change. fox is trying to get some things from marvel and to do so will finally have to sit down in good faith and negotiate. Fox wants to start a TV universe, like DC has and marvel is building. But they only have the film rights. Not TV. (And I can hear the question coming at some point..couldn't marvel make an xmen TV show the ?...no is the short answer. Like o said licenses are complicated). On top of that fox got a new head person, and they have seen the huge up well of positive press sony and marvel got from their deal. So they are trying to work something out so this does not contine to be an issue.

If you want to blame someone then blame Fox. They are the ones who did not secure the likeness rights.

SS just sent out an email making it look like this figure was 20% off (with a code WOLVIE15 no less) but it doesn't actually apply.

Back