1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I'm interested in is if the ASM Garfield head would fit on the new body. I think it's possible because the masked head is detachable and the neck post is the same also the space underneath the neck is the same.

As I said earlier, yes I think it would fit. I just hope that the collar on the Grafield head won't look awkward when "connected" to the material of the TASM2 suit. Maybe the collar's too tiny to notice?

Anyway, HT's TASM2 Spidey is a great figure. If I didn't have it on PO I'd easily secure one regardless if it represents a lackluster film. To me each time I'd look at it I'd see a great representation of the character in his iconic look.

Would it even matter, unless you mod the neck on the Garfield HS? The suit on each figure is made of different material.

andysculpt.jpg

Isn't the neck and mask one piece sewn together on asm2 spidey? Only if you cut the seam on the neck thus spoiling the suit can you get the head off i reckon. Unless you have great tailoring/customizing skills it probably shouldnt be done?

Yup i would get this spidey. I hated the movies too but the suit deserves credit and only the suit. I knew it would turn out great the moment i saw the preorder pictures and sold my sm3 spidey immediately before its value goes down.

None of the Spider-Man figures have really commanded very high prices. Right now the ASM1 figure is going for peanuts and a sell out isn't anywhere in sight. There was a point where the Spider-Man 3 classic figure was going for $250 - $300+ but it's dipped down too.

Honestly, if people play their cards right, some pretty great deals could be had, especially on this one.

Curious to see what Sideshow's figure will be like.

I never saw this in the theater so I caught it on blu ray, Is the cap, scarf and vest only in that scene when he was sick in the drugstore or gas station? Why would they include that with the figure instead of a Peter sculpt with civilian clothes.

:mad:

I never saw this in the theater so I caught it on blu ray, Is the cap, scarf and vest only in that scene when he was sick in the drugstore or gas station? Why would they include that with the figure instead of a Peter sculpt with civilian clothes.

:mad:

Yeah, basically.

Because HT enjoys jerking us around. :lol

Yeah, basically.

Because HT enjoys jerking us around. :lol

I think HT's just trying to find a reason to give this a $230 SRp :wink1:

EDIT: I think collectors would have appreciated more if HT gave us a diorama stand instead. Doesn't have to be movie-accurate, just something that would make a cool display.

EDIT: I think collectors would have appreciated more if HT gave us a diorama stand instead. Doesn't have to be movie-accurate, just something that would make a cool display.
Yup a cool wall or part of for him to cling to could have been so awesome especially with their new bendable figure rods and clips. But the price would have been at least 50 bucks more. People will complain but then again Han Solo is so expensive for something so bare bones. Damn you HT!

Well the exclusive has a pretty cool background picture and I'm not talking about the default spider symbol either

It is a nice fantasy to think our voice is heard, right? :lol

Then again, it kind of is really. Whether on Facebook or whatever other forum they pay attention to, if they see the general message is "if this doesn't change, I won't buy this", it looks like they'll make changes. Even if they only pay attention to preorder performance, that's still technically "our voice". Too bad ED suffered because his issues were post production instead of pre production.

I don't have the ego to think it was our voices, but I'm sure they received a lot of feedback about this via other channels. Rarely have I seen a proto so universally panned.

Didn't like the movie either but it doesn't matter because this figure just represents Spidey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure's massive improvement and the fact that THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3 was pushed back to 2018 thus the possibility of no new Spidey figure from HT in another 4-5 years, might make this figure sell out faster than expected.

IMO what contributed to the very slow sales of the first TASM figure is the fact that the costume design was not well-received, the figure's apparent "shoulder problems", and that it was released so late TASM2 movie costume was already making rounds in the internet and is soon to be released, that people decided to just wait for the TASM2 figure.

Yeh, I'm not even going to bother seeing the movie until I've got some real lazy time on my hands. But that suit is really nice.

Don't need to panic.
There will be plenty of deals to be had on this one soon. Check the marketplace, most newly released figs heavily discounted after a couple of months. I've been paying retail prices like an idiot, never again. The days of rare HT pieces are over, I think.

Back