1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Golden Age. I know it's not as limited I'm just superstitious.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

The price is $230 because thats what HT wanted it to be, the accessories had nothing to do with it. Look at the Barney Ross figure which comes with loads of accessories and a whole other outfit, and thats about 30 dollars cheaper than this.
I'm sure a lot of it boils down to more people are willing to pay more for a Spider-Man than for a Barney Ross but I'd guess the accessories add some cost too.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

I'm sure a lot of it boils down to more people are willing to pay more for a Spider-Man than for a Barney Ross but I'd guess the accessories add some cost too.

We’re saying the same thing :lol

I don’t really care about the price, I just wish the suit was perfect.

That and how much they think they can get out of the license. Their last spiderman is still available and I bet that cost them a bit.

We’re saying the same thing :lol

I don’t really care about the price, I just wish the suit was perfect.
Wish I could say I don't care about the price :(

Wish I could say I don't care about the price :(

I’m only saying that because I plan on using reward points, otherwise I’d probably care a lot as well.

The most expensive accessory by far is the stand. I don't believe the bullhorn, backpack, scarf, toque and vest even added $5.00 (all this stuff should be dirt cheap for HT to manufacture). Seems to me people that are not happy with the price tend to overestimate how much the accessories added to the cost. One could always sell them on e.Bay, afterwards, too. Bet you'd get $30.00 easy for all of them (excluding stand).

Very true. I usually aim for figures with multiple sculpts or accessories for just that reason. Usually I can make $60-$100 back by selling all the stuff I'm not going to use. Really helps to provide some relief in this expensive hobby. I will probably sell all of these accessories.

Article: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Don't forget it comes with a dynamic stand that cost $30. My only gripe is no head sculpt.

I'd be selling that too! Lol

sold out on bbts, but yesterday it wasn't even available for preorder, damn

sold out on bbts, but yesterday it wasn't even available for preorder, damn

:lol The initial feeding frenzy happens all the time, followed by inevitable cancellations or inventory adjustments. BBTS will have these back up, I wouldn't worry.

i think the dynamic stand is necessary as people would have wondered/complained why none was included. Still price is high of course but it's the most iconic spidey thus far. Have to get this.

wish they would have had a peter parker headsculpt in it but I already have it pre ordered and cant wait to see whats next in the license. Hopefully a harry Osborn and electro!!

Pre-ordered, but I'm going to wait for in hand shots to decide whether I want it or not. I'm seriously hoping for a material change to cloth for the red. To me, the price is a bit steep too. I have no interest in the accessories, except for the canister and though I like the posing with the dynamic stand, the base is just too big for a detolf.

So... are all HT's coming with Dynamic Figure stands, or just certain figures? They are neat and all (and it makes sense here,) but to be honest, I'm not in love with how much room they take up.

The webbing on the red parts also very medicom-ish. With the Spiderman 3 figure, the way they did the raised webbing was a huge step forward. Wonder why regress back to the "puffy paint". Are the web lines much thinner then SM3 that they couldnt use the same technique?

PO'd this, just in case it sells out or goes to waitlist. I might sell the accessories too or maybe try to find some use. At the least, the vest I see potential in...

PO'd on AFX, though sad to see they're getting less generous with their discounts, probably because of their rewards program.

Back