1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the hand not the body. Heat up the palm and attach it back and hold it there while it cools and forms. Same thing happened to one of my hands.
Okay cool I thought it was the body since all my hands on that hand had the same gap

Having lots of fun with this spidey. even got him to actually balance on that board with one foot. a very impressive figure. 10482055_10154821118080386_5657038806971235088_n.jpg10376175_10154821124760386_4410755849901704948_n.jpg1470178_10154821130865386_8537403913985891976_n.jpg

just got him today.no black stains.super fun figure.looks really great in hand.I dont know how some you guys spread his leg out so wide especially in that iconic crouching pose.I am afraid it will rip his suit lol

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 652
thanks yankee.yeah his joints feels nice and solid but damn the suit feels so fragile lol.For all you guys that are thinking of getting him GET HIM!!!.BEST SPIDERMAN YET!

Hi guys, just got an E Mail from Sideshow and they refuse to exchange the figure. They only offer me an refund or an 20 dollar gift card, but only for the figure. I paid around 80 dollars import fees that i would have to pay on my own. I bought around 2500$ worth of figures in the last 12 months and they wont help ma. What should i do now? Anyone else experienced a same problem?

Did you have a QC issue with your figure? Broken joints, black stains?

black oil on the head and a little hole because the stitching wasnt good. I also showed it to my girlfriend and she says that it is the first thing that you see when you look at the figure, so i am not overreacting Already got a reply and they say they cant offer me a better figure, an exchange wont change anything. i never had something like this before and i am really freaking out. i mean they offer me an 20$ voucher as an excuse. i can get this voucher for free every month. also they wont pay my import taxes, so i loose around 80 dollars if i return it.

normally i dont have a problem with such little matters but for an 200 Dollar figure?

black oil on the head and a little hole because the stitching wasnt good. I also showed it to my girlfriend and she says that it is the first thing that you see when you look at the figure, so i am not overreacting Already got a reply and they say they cant offer me a better figure, an exchange wont change anything. i never had something like this before and i am really freaking out. i mean they offer me an 20$ voucher as an excuse. i can get this voucher for free every month. also they wont pay my import taxes, so i loose around 80 dollars if i return it.

normally i dont have a problem with such little matters but for an 200 Dollar figure?

A 20$ off voucher a month?...are they stupid? At the very least they should at least issue you a full refund if they can't provide a better figure...don't they have a 30 day return policy?

A 20$ off voucher a month?...are they stupid? At the very least they should at least issue you a full refund if they can't provide a better figure...don't they have a 30 day return policy?

the problem with the refund is that they wont pay my import taxes. 80 dollars. why should i pay that? so the only thing that would be ok for me is an exchange. thats my problem. i would return it if i wouldnt live in Europe. and i never had a problem with sideshow before so i was hoping that somebody could give me an advice what to do.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that, man. Those issues typically call for a replacement. It's probably the import taxes in your case that are causing Sideshow to balk.

Sorry to hear that. Leave it to sideshow one of the worst companies out there. Pretty much they sell to you and won't back up the stuff they sell. I would open a claim with your credit card.

I would return that thing so fast......if they told me there would be a smudge of oil but give me $20 credit......I would never buy it.

Sorry to hear that. Leave it to sideshow one of the worst companies out there. Pretty much they sell to you and won't back up the stuff they sell. I would open a claim with your credit card.

I think your WRONG SIDESHOW IS THE BEST COMPANY I HAVE EVER BOUGHT FROM. I understand sideshows side and realy HOT TOYS NEEDS A EUROPE DISTRIBUTION OFFICE. I Feel for collectors outside U.S on IMPORT FEE'S N SHIPPING. I Stand UP 4 SIDESHOW NO OTHER COMPANY GIVES BACK TO ITS FAN'S & CUSTOMER'S AS MUCH AS SIDESHOW DOES. Tell me ONE OTHER COMPANY THAT CONSTANTLY GIVES OUT PRIZES N CONTESTS MONTHLY ALL YEAR? You CANT. Sideshow does its BEST on ANY PROBLEM'S and NEVER HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE with the customer service. I FEEL 4 the Defected spiderman problem and think you should try contacting HOT TOYS Direct it woked for clipperking ages ago on a defect he had and hot toys will help if they can. Good luck hope it gets sorted out. IF anything just return him and get refund and buy closer to you to avoid all import fee's that way.

the great thing is that i bought it with flexpay, so i cant open a claim for the full amount, only for the last payment. I wrote them back explaining my problems but it seems that they dont even read the E Mail in full. They dont give me an answer how i should proceed with the import taxes or that i am not from the USA. only the same E Mail again and again. My Name is Erwin and still they write my Name as Edwin (ok, it can happen 1 time but not in 3 E Mails) I mean they dont even read through the e mail and address me with my real name. they dont care, so please HIGHLANDER dont tell me that SIDESHOW is the best company out there. In my opinion you realize how good a company is when problems have to be solved. and its my first problem after 10 figures. I buy via Sideshow because i am afraid of damaged figures via ebay. so i expected something better than this.

O.K 1ST OFF Even if you pay with FLEXPAY you still have the OPTION TO RETURN IN FULL in the 30 days. I Understand Sideshow cant be Responsible for IMPORT FEE'S and understand ALWAYS wanting to buy with Sideshow for this such PROBLEM. I do think it would be easier if you bought from a store closer to you or from Respected sellers or stores u could talk to directly , Because you said there is clear a communication problem if cant even get your name correct. I dont understand that because name on credit or billing should be the same. This you stated is 1st problem you have had with a release over 10 release's. I think the BEST THING TO DO IS TAKE PICTURE'S of DEFECT and Email back them with picture's and ask for a replacement and sent out. If the response again is give you a small credit tell them you are not happy with that option. I would like to know defects or see pic's since we are discussing it. Again i feel 4 problem but if problem is on head maybe you get just the head replaced. Again Sorry and Good luck hope it works out Speedking.

Last edited:
I decided myself im going to just return the figure for my full refund. Getting a defective figure just ruins any initial interest i may have had for it in the beginning. They finally responded back regarding my black oil stains and sent me my return postsge just today. Ive just decided that im going to move on from this figure and hopefully someday theyll do another one without so many qc issues. Bummer all around.

Back