1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I gotta say I was very nervous about adding a second Loki to my collection considering I have the avengers version and that one is perfect in my opinion but now I can't imagine NOT having this guy on my shelf. He compliments Thor so nicely and just really makes the shelf pop! I was concerned that having Loki posed with the avengers on the shelf above where this one is would make them look too similar and kill the figure for me but I'm happy to say that the differences are prevalent enough to put that concern to rest as well.

I very much prefer the costume on this version. Still has the cool bead work on the sleeves and instead of using plastic beads on the trim it seems they wing with printing or something which is good because I've always been concerned the beads will detach one my Avengers version. Another thing is that the bottom part of his coat where it is separated actually lays flat. On the avengers version the stuck out and looked unnatural and odd but they fixed that on this one.

As far as the HS goes I wouldn't say it is better but I wouldn't say its worse. The Avengers one does a much better job at capturing the sinister look Loki often wears where as this one absolutely fails to look imposing by any stretch of the imagination. The hair looks good on this and doesn't stab you every time you try and adjust the head. Forehead isn't an issue in my opinion either

All in all this figure is gorgeous and I am happy to have it but I still believe the avengers one is better due to the accessories. Take away the cape and the helmet though and I would choose this one every day of the week.

I received these two today...

034602426144d7ca2f2b4abb6c778091.jpg

and I gotta say anyone on the fence about getting Loki, he's definitely worth it. Pictures don't capture the sculpt well, it's a superb figure in hand. The outfit is awesome and the likeness is much more apparent in hand. Not to mention he looks great next to Thor.

0b2186fbd328905e4faa6db6dd9774b8.jpg

I received these two today...

034602426144d7ca2f2b4abb6c778091.jpg

and I gotta say anyone on the fence about getting Loki, he's definitely worth it. Pictures don't capture the sculpt well, it's a superb figure in hand. The outfit is awesome and the likeness is much more apparent in hand. Not to mention he looks great next to Thor.

0b2186fbd328905e4faa6db6dd9774b8.jpg

Congrats! And he looks great!

!!!Helpful hint!!!

So anyone that is getting the exclusive version with the Aether you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the batteries and remove the plastic piece. The screw however is very tiny. Turns out the screw driver that comes with any of the die cast iron man figures works perfectly. I used the one from my IP

Well I gotta say I was very nervous about adding a second Loki to my collection considering I have the avengers version and that one is perfect in my opinion but now I can't imagine NOT having this guy on my shelf. He compliments Thor so nicely and just really makes the shelf pop! I was concerned that having Loki posed with the avengers on the shelf above where this one is would make them look too similar and kill the figure for me but I'm happy to say that the differences are prevalent enough to put that concern to rest as well.

I very much prefer the costume on this version. Still has the cool bead work on the sleeves and instead of using plastic beads on the trim it seems they wing with printing or something which is good because I've always been concerned the beads will detach one my Avengers version. Another thing is that the bottom part of his coat where it is separated actually lays flat. On the avengers version the stuck out and looked unnatural and odd but they fixed that on this one.

As far as the HS goes I wouldn't say it is better but I wouldn't say its worse. The Avengers one does a much better job at capturing the sinister look Loki often wears where as this one absolutely fails to look imposing by any stretch of the imagination. The hair looks good on this and doesn't stab you every time you try and adjust the head. Forehead isn't an issue in my opinion either

All in all this figure is gorgeous and I am happy to have it but I still believe the avengers one is better due to the accessories. Take away the cape and the helmet though and I would choose this one every day of the week.

Great critique! :clap I like that the coat stays flat now :yess: I guess the tailoring on this guy trumps the Avengers version all day.

!!!Helpful hint!!!

So anyone that is getting the exclusive version with the Aether you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the batteries and remove the plastic piece. The screw however is very tiny. Turns out the screw that comes with any of the die cast iron man figures works perfectly. I used the one from my IP

Did you lose it? Why use a different one? Or do you mean screwdriver?

Did you lose it? Why use a different one? Or do you mean screwdriver?
Pretty sure they meant screwdriver.
I don't have an Iron Man yet and Loki didn't come with one, so I just used a screwdriver for glasses to open the battery compartment on the aether.

This figure turned out awesome! I ended up getting the exclusive without knowing it, then I ordered a helmet and scepter on ebay to sweeten the deal. Granted, that's an extra 80 bucks, but it still beats paying $600 for the Avengers version..

Great review Nick! I may eventually pick this up but for now I'm happy with just Thor.

Back