1/6 Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World - Loki (Specs + Hi-Res Pictures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
makes me cringe when I hear fools like Sean Long actually say that the HS on this figure is BETTER:slap than The Avengers one but then again if I was receiving all my figures for free to do crummy, unprofessional reviews I probably wouldn't complain about the figure either

Side by side its like every single thing is worse on this figure, it looks like a knock off by comparison to the Avengers one
:exactly:
loki_3_by_missnightmareii-d6qwaa5.gif

makes me cringe when I hear fools like Sean Long actually say that the HS on this figure is BETTER:slap than The Avengers one but then again if I was receiving all my figures for free to do crummy, unprofessional reviews I probably wouldn't complain about the figure either

Heh, at least he realizes a LOT of people are going to disagree with him about the head sculpt. As long as there's enough people complaining and holding back on preordering, hopefully, Hot Toys will realize there's a problem and fix it.

Before seeing the prototype, Loki was a must-buy for me, even though I have Avengers Loki. But now I can't even make myself commit to a preorder. And since I can't have a new Thor without a new Loki, I'm debating about canceling the Thor preorder. How can they mess up so horribly with Loki when they finally got Thor perfect :mad:

The price for the Avengers version just went up even more :lol

No Crap. This sculpt is way off. looks like they took the Michael Fassbender sculpt and tried to make a Tom Hiddleston HS from it. One of the worst ones I've seen from HT's in a while. The Avengers HS is 10x better than this one.

Well i might be in the minority here but this HS looks perfect to me or as close to Hiddleston's Loki as it can get. I am glad to have pre ordered this.

Preordered him from Amiami . It was $40 cheaper than SS ( the additional accessory wasn't justifying the price difference ) not to mention the additional $ I would have to pay for shipping. On a side note , this will probably help bring down the astronomical third market prices of the Avengers Variant. Didn't want to miss out on him too like I did the earlier version.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

First of all,

I am sorry Yulli. I love you. But I just can't hold myself to do a small tweaking in Photoshop for this Loki. I know PS has nothing compared to do a real sculpting work, and I do adore the Hot Toys sculptor skills, but I don't know.. I think Yulli might be distracted or just not feeling it when she worked on this one.

Anyway, I didn't put anything from photograph there, purely tweaked by the mighty Photoshop tools. I know this might not be 100% Hiddleston Loki, and people's opinion may vary, I just tweaked it based on my visual opinion.

So the biggest part tweaked I think is the head shape, particularly the lower jawline. It's supposed to be smaller and more sharp, the head is very cone shaped. And then the eyes. Didn't change the eyebrows sculpt, it's just a matter of paintings. The eyebrows got repainted, to form his devilish eyes.

Do some lil tweak on the nose shape, and then last but not least, the smirk. Did some tweaking on the lips, and finally, made the skin color paler, more ghastly and the lips more purplish rather than pink.

I am sure Hot Toys will tweak this one. I have faith in you, Yulli.

lokitweakedario_zps3520caad.jpg

Back