1/6 Hot Toys - MMS176 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Loki Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally just had to get him he's probably my favorite hot toys so far. Do you think $250 was okay price to pay.

If shipping is included, that isn't bad at all. This figure will sell out soon which means the price will go well over $300. :lecture

I don't want to make this much of an issue or a silly argument but I work professionally as a graphic designer and illustrator and these seem pretty obvious to my eye.

You also have to consider when those scenes with Tom Hiddleston were shot vs. when the figure was released.
With a November due date Thor 2 is obviously in post production - in fact as of even December 2012 Thor 2 was already in post production according to IMDB as special effects can take over a year to complete. The Loki figure wasn't even out in Hong Kong until like maybe 2- 3 months ago...

There were some small reshoots for Thor 2 in the past few weeks. These photos could have been taken then.

After ModelZone went into Administration and my pre order of Loki was up in the air, I attempted to pre order from Mothers Basement who had him up for pre order still only to find he is discontinued. I doubt I'll be getting this guy now. Not paying eBay prices.

:panic: :panic: :panic:

1016642_10151988155053362_1771592797_n.jpg

I only pre-ordered this one about 6 weeks ago and paid for it last week, but it arrived today and i am glad i didn't pass on it.
Easily the most beautiful and intricate costume i have ever seen on a HT figure.

IMG_4042.jpg~original

I only pre-ordered this one about 6 weeks ago and paid for it last week, but it arrived today and i am glad i didn't pass on it.
Easily the most beautiful and intricate costume i have ever seen on a HT figure.

I just got mine yesterday and you're spot on.
The clothing/costume on this figure ain't no joke, son!:thud:
I knew it would be awesome, but in-hand it's amazing.

I'm so happy to finally have him next to his brother.:clap
Now I kinda want an Odin...

P.S.- I also can't get over how well he poses up despite the elaborate costume. Couldn't be happier.

After ModelZone went into Administration and my pre order of Loki was up in the air, I attempted to pre order from Mothers Basement who had him up for pre order still only to find he is discontinued. I doubt I'll be getting this guy now. Not paying eBay prices.

Im sure they will find a buyer, reports say the old founder is preparing a rescue bid. Administration can sometimes help grow a stronger buisness, their main aim is to try and save the company in some form or prep it for a buyer.

If it can't be saved then they will wrap it up, still early yet. Ark who went into administration same time as modelzone already found a buyer JJB, granted its smaller than modelzone but shows its not always doom and gloom. I expect something may happen next week

Im sure they will find a buyer, reports say the old founder is preparing a rescue bid. Administration can sometimes help grow a stronger buisness, their main aim is to try and save the company in some form or prep it for a buyer.

Usually it's a clean slate though. They start again as a separately trading entity.
So it may be that old orders are null and void.
We'll have to wait and see.

Usually it's a clean slate though. They start again as a separately trading entity.
So it may be that old orders are null and void.
We'll have to wait and see.

True but I am sure they will try and keep pre-orders with customers from the previous company to the new perhaps this is why they have not been cancelled right away. This is same administrator that dealt with HMV and if memory serves they cancelled all pre-orders, but these are for things like films or games that are easy to come by.

Due to Hot Toys or other brands being harder to come by in the UK and for the value they will probably hold onto the orders as long as possible then transfer them to a new buyer, if they cancel them it will only hurt them in the long run as people will be less likely to pre-order with them again due to uncertainty if they company survives under the same name just a different owner, this is a unique situation really.

If i were a potential buyer for Modelzone I would see all these customers that have pre-ordered and held their pre-order for (in some cases) over 6 months, as important as if they have held their pre-order for that length of time they are more likely to go through with the order when it arrives in stock and that could be alot of money depending of course we know how many they get in.

I for one would want to hold onto these customers as they would help bring the company back in shape while finding a way to bring in new customers. All this is optimistic speculation, at this point we do not know as they are busy sorting the company for a sale. If reports are to be believed there are several buyers and even the administators have noted that Modelzone was once a profitable company. Like most high street retailers they have just not adapted to the e-commerce boom as quick as they should and expanded in the wrong places like their recent Oxford branch rather than investing this money on their online part which is the bigger money maker these days. Their website was lacking compared to some online stores.

They just need to scale back their brick and mortar branches, close the stores that are making loss, invest more online and in the stores making money, get with the times and they should survive. I was saying for years HMV was far too slow to adapt to the e-commerce boom and I knew they would eventually collapse, they started changing too late. Last Christmas online sales reached 1 billion if I remember correctly and its still growing (I work for a courier company who are expanding due to this), so companies that do not invest in this growing market (online) will fall for sure, high streets are dead in my opinion. Come Christmas this year there will be a similar boom online again as it's cheaper, you only need a warehouse to store your stock and you do not have to pay the extortionate prices for rent just to have a presence on the high street.

This Government needs to take a serious look to help out retail businesses and the costs to maintain a high street presence in order to help compete online. Lets face it if you only have a warehouse to worry about and a decent courier to pay so you can get UK coverage, your gonna make more money than a company with 50 plus stores with limited space, high rent and can really only serve the immediate area they are based.

Lol sorry for the novel, things like this interest me :cuckoo:

True but I am sure they will try and keep pre-orders with customers from the previous company to the new perhaps this is why they have not been cancelled right away. This is same administrator that dealt with HMV and if memory serves they cancelled all pre-orders, but these are for things like films or games that are easy to come by.

Due to Hot Toys or other brands being harder to come by in the UK and for the value they will probably hold onto the orders as long as possible then transfer them to a new buyer, if they cancel them it will only hurt them in the long run as people will be less likely to pre-order with them again due to uncertainty if they company survives under the same name just a different owner, this is a unique situation really.

I hate to say it out loud, but that is *really* wishful thinking...
I have a couple of orders with them too, but i don't expect those to be honoured at this stage, and have already ordered elsewhere just in case.

If i were a potential buyer for Modelzone I would see all these customers that have pre-ordered and held their pre-order for (in some cases) over 6 months, as important as if they have held their pre-order for that length of time they are more likely to go through with the order when it arrives in stock and that could be alot of money depending of course we know how many they get in.

I for one would want to hold onto these customers as they would help bring the company back in shape while finding a way to bring in new customers. All this is optimistic speculation, at this point we do not know as they are busy sorting the company for a sale. If reports are to be believed there are several buyers and even the administators have noted that Modelzone was once a profitable company. Like most high street retailers they have just not adapted to the e-commerce boom as quick as they should and expanded in the wrong places like their recent Oxford branch rather than investing this money on their online part which is the bigger money maker these days. Their website was lacking compared to some online stores.

For sure. But none of that information means their previous orders will be honoured. Administration is usually a clean slate.

This Government needs to take a serious look to help out retail businesses and the costs to maintain a high street presence in order to help compete online. Lets face it if you only have a warehouse to worry about and a decent courier to pay so you can get UK coverage, your gonna make more money than a company with 50 plus stores with limited space, high rent and can really only serve the immediate area they are based.

It's ultimately a business decision on the part of the company involved. Not something the government needs to help out with.

Lol sorry for the novel, things like this interest me :cuckoo:

No worries.
I understand where you are coming from, and i appreciate that we all want Modelzone to survive, but in doing so, the pre-orders may be scrapped.
Just be ready for that in case they are gone.

Just be ready for that in case they are gone.

Oh yeah I know, I have a backup plan already so not very worried, will just cost me slightly more that is all. Ideally everything will work out with Modelzone, if not then i'll have to pay slightly more, can't find many places to pre-order the VII anymore so will have to go with Plan B if Modelzone hope fails.

The Government helping comment was with retail in general, buisness tax wise etc. Still think the high street retaillers are doomed they just cannot compete with online.

Back