1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Valkyrie Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Norse mythology, Heimdall is described as the "whitest of all gods", Thor is red-headed, and Loki isn't Odin's adopted son. At this point, a black Valkyrie isn't really the point to draw the line lol
Pretty much. Still, in the comix Valkyrie was pretty much female Thor... Then again, there was no mention of any Valkyries in the movies yet so who cares. My guess is that she's "The Last Unicorn" in this one and the character is completely revamped.

I'm more disappointed shes not wearing that costume than anything else.
Honestly the costume shes wearing is pretty bland and generic. :sleep
:exactly:

How can you argue Tessa and Chris have no chemistry when we haven't even seen them in a scene yet? :lol Though I do agree on the Sif thing - if Thor was going to have any "new" love interest, I'd rather it be Sif

Just seeing them next to each other, everything about it just looks boring.

Heck, even seeing her in costume, it's like the producers are screaming "She's tough and in love because we are telling you she's tough and they're in love."

That seems like a pretty big stretch.

Nick Fury, Heimdall, Mordo. Changing the race of characters is something the MCU just does, and has done since the very beginning. It doesn't invalidate the comics, you know. Those still exist.

I'm still confused as to why we're still having this argument like 6 years after the first Thor.

SDCC-2017-Hot-Toys-Marvel-040.jpg

SDCC-2017-Hot-Toys-Marvel-041.jpg

SDCC-2017-Hot-Toys-Marvel-043.jpg

Looks great. Little sparse accessory-wise, though.

Just seeing them next to each other, everything about it just looks boring.

Heck, even seeing her in costume, it's like the producers are screaming "She's tough and in love because we are telling you she's tough and they're in love."

Dang. The trailer reveal that much huh? :rotfl

Just the vibe I'm getting. I've been pretty good at calling these things in the past.

Im really surprised at all the support this film is getting! 5 figures?! (and no Iron man) :horror

It's Iron Man, he'll probably get 1 sec of screen time in one of the ending credit screens and get a Power Pose and Movie Masterpiece figure. :slap

It's Iron Man, he'll probably get 1 sec of screen time in one of the ending credit screens and get a Power Pose and Movie Masterpiece figure. :slap

That's the radical new direction for the film Taika Waititi talked about before. Everyone is in Iron Man armor this time.

How can you argue Tessa and Chris have no chemistry when we haven't even seen them in a scene yet? :lol Though I do agree on the Sif thing - if Thor was going to have any "new" love interest, I'd rather it be Sif

Agreed on Chris and Tessa. It's way too early to make any kind of assumption they're not going to work. Personally, I hope she's awesome and they work great together.

I disagree with Sif, though. I have mixed feelings on Sif at this point - I loved her in the first Thor, but she didn't have any material in TDW and it looks like she isn't even in (or barely in Ragnorak). Maybe the actress is too busy filming her television show to be able to have bigger parts, or maybe they just aren't interested in the character, which is a shame.

That said, even though I loved Sif in the first Thor, I've never been into the idea of Thor/Sif in the movies. They don't have that kind of chemistry to me, and emphasis has been placed on Odin preferring Sif for Thor, but Thor not being like Odin. Thor cares for Sif as a friend, but at this point, the lack of chemistry + him never showing any interest in her that way would make them seem forced to me. And frankly, I think they would be dull.

I know Thor/Sif was big in the comics, but not every comic pairing will work in the movies.

Back to Valkyrie - I would love to see the character be a success - with or without Thor as her man.

I disagree with Sif, though. I have mixed feelings on Sif at this point - I loved her in the first Thor, but she didn't have any material in TDW and it looks like she isn't even in (or barely in Ragnorak). Maybe the actress is too busy filming her television show to be able to have bigger parts, or maybe they just aren't interested in the character, which is a shame.

Apparently Sif was supposed to have a much more substantial role in TDW, but right before filming Jamie Alexander fell down a flight of stairs and was badly injured (multiple chipped vertebrae, partial paralysis, and a couple months of physical therapy), leading to a significantly reduced role. God only knows what the long term effects of these injuries were or what limitations they placed on her.

I thought I remembered hearing about that.

I wonder how much of a difference that would've made in terms of her being more than the "other woman", though. What scenes she had in TDW were about her feelings for Thor and his feelings for Jane. I would hope her part was more substantial and she contributed more than that.

Sif got screwed by that, and I'm guessing the fact that her actress booked a TV show in the years between TDW and Ragnarok pretty much killed any hope of her getting a significantly expanded role. She'll likely have a small part in this alongside the Warriors 3.

I just can't help but wonder how important she was ever going to get in the first place - given the Warriors 3 have also been underused after the first film.

For me, it is what it is at this point. Once news and story details came out about Ragnarok I didn't expect much for any of them at all.

Mods really need to clean this thread, lots of BS here that has no place in a thread about an action figure. That being said ... let's get back to the relevant stuff ...

She's looking real nice! *_* Hopefully she'll be great in the movie so I have a reason to buy that figure other than "omg gorgeous head sculpt!" :lol

Done.

Please keep it respectful. Consider whether this is a proper place to discuss racial diversity in Hollywood. I mean, this is a toy collectible.
The initial few posts on the subject were fine. However, it's a toxic subject and time and time again it is proven that online debate forums is the worst place possible to have this debate. So maybe just stop it all together, and focus on the collectible?

Done.

Please keep it respectful. Consider whether this is a proper place to discuss racial diversity in Hollywood. I mean, this is a toy collectible.
The initial few posts on the subject were fine. However, it's a toxic subject and time and time again it is proven that online debate forums is the worst place possible to have this debate. So maybe just stop it all together, and focus on the collectible?
Thanks a lot for doing this Chris, it was way overdue. :) Really appreciate it!

SDCC-2017-Thor-Ragnarok-Hot-Toys-Valkyrie-Figure.jpg

I wonder if they are holding back showing us all the accessories? Doesn't seem to be much

Anyway, I like the sculpt (from looking at other better pics), but, like others, the arms are throwing me. I don't have Gamora from Gardians, but was there something wrong with that body that they wouldn't use it for Valkyrie?

I'm not likely to expand my collecting beyond Thor into the world of Asgard though. This is one of the figures where I need to fall in love with the character after seeing the movie to want to pick up. But visually I like the character design, and with the figure my only nit pick is the arms. Looking forward to the movie and seeing what they do with this character.

Back