1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: Rey (Resistance Outfit Ver.)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that the shirt and shoes look about the same as on the original figure, it seems like it would be easy enough to swap out the vest, pants, and sleeves if one could find them parted out somewhere.

The only problem might be the holster. This one thankfully seems to have some metal buckles that can be undone, but taking the other one off is near impossible...

Given that the shirt and shoes look about the same as on the original figure, it seems like it would be easy enough to swap out the vest, pants, and sleeves if one could find them parted out somewhere.

The only problem might be the holster. This one thankfully seems to have some metal buckles that can be undone, but taking the other one off is near impossible...

Yeah, you pretty much have to disassemble the other Rey figure to get the belt off. Takes careful hands and definitely some effort.

No, I've gotten like 4 notices for this in the past couple weeks, keep hoping for a "Hey, its shipping!" But so far its all just regurgitating the 9th. :gah:

I was going to do the same but I couldn't resist. Just ordered Resistance Rey and got a loose saber from the Rey/BB8 for about 15 bucks.

Same I debated waiting for an Episode 8 version, but I like this one so I got an extra lightsaber from Toy Anxiety. If the inevitable Ep. VIII version comes with a light-up lightsaber and extra accessories I might still go for that one as well. As nice as they are I never use the light-up saber arms on display with my figures, so it's not needed for me.

Is it actually confirmed that she's shipping out the 9th? I haven't gotten anything from sideshow yet.

I got a shipping soon email from them last week saying they'll start processing orders on the 7th. Today I got one saying it's charging soon, so they should be shipping out to customers this week I think.

Same just have Rey and Ren..waiting for Han :duff

After this Rey, I'll just be waiting for Han and Luke. :duff

I'm contemplating on picking up a Finn also. I wasn't overly fond of the sculpt (not bad, but left much to be desired I thought after what the prototype showed) so he wasn't worth retail price to me, but you seem to be able to snare him for low prices now so I may end up pulling the trigger on him to round out my TFA collection.

I'm contemplating on picking up a Finn also. I wasn't overly fond of the sculpt (not bad, but left much to be desired I thought after what the prototype showed) so he wasn't worth retail price to me, but you seem to be able to snare him for low prices now so I may end up pulling the trigger on him to round out my TFA collection.

He seems to be sticking around, I'd wait for a nice better discount than what we got during black friday cyber monday, at least that's what I'm doing. I'm still hoping for Poe Dameron X-Wing suit, and General Leia. :pray:

Yeah Finn, if I miss it no big deal I'll get it discounted or a EP VIII or EP IX version. I read he is sporting a black outfit in EP VIII no pun intended :wink1:

He seems to be sticking around, I'd wait for a nice better discount than what we got during black friday cyber monday, at least that's what I'm doing. I'm still hoping for Poe Dameron X-Wing suit, and General Leia. :pray:

Yeah Finn, if I miss it no big deal I'll get it discounted or a EP VIII or EP IX version. I read he is sporting a black outfit in EP VIII no pun intended :wink1:

Yeah he does seem to be sticking around, so I'm probably going to wait even longer. I wouldn't mind waiting even until another version is released from Episode VIII, even if that version is better. I tend to be more of a completionist collector than getting what the best version is and my full sets from a particular film tend to be from the first film in the series, since they tend to be the most iconic. Even though my favorite SW film is ESB, for instance, my main full SW set is based on the ANH line, with merely other figures from other OT films sprinkled in (DX07 Bespin Luke, maybe a Yoda, RotJ Luke [if he gets released]). Same will apply with this current trilogy.

When it comes to buying figures, I see it as being three scenarios: When I PO a figure, it's because I know that it's a figure I without a doubt want in my collection, so it's worth at least retail to me. If it gets discounted later on, I have no regrets having paid retail price for it because it was worth at least retail price to me. Some other figures (such as TFA Finn) I'd like to have, but they're not worth retail to me to have in my collection. If I can get them at a discounted price I'll go for it, but if I miss out on it and it climbs in value, it's not a big deal to me because it wasn't worth retail to me in the first place. Then there are figures on the secondary market that I want, but I'll only pay up to a certain price for. I really wanted a DX07 Bespin Luke last winter and my ceiling price for it was $500. Fortunately, I was able to secure the regular version (the EX Vader helmet accessory wasn't important to me) at that price.

Yeah he does seem to be sticking around, so I'm probably going to wait even longer. I wouldn't mind waiting even until another version is released from Episode VIII, even if that version is better. I tend to be more of a completionist collector than getting what the best version is and my full sets from a particular film tend to be from the first film in the series, since they tend to be the most iconic. Even though my favorite SW film is ESB, for instance, my main full SW set is based on the ANH line, with merely other figures from other OT films sprinkled in (DX07 Bespin Luke, maybe a Yoda, RotJ Luke [if he gets released]). Same will apply with this current trilogy.

When it comes to buying figures, I see it as being three scenarios: When I PO a figure, it's because I know that it's a figure I without a doubt want in my collection, so it's worth at least retail to me. If it gets discounted later on, I have no regrets having paid retail price for it because it was worth at least retail price to me. Some other figures (such as TFA Finn) I'd like to have, but they're not worth retail to me to have in my collection. If I can get them at a discounted price I'll go for it, but if I miss out on it and it climbs in value, it's not a big deal to me because it wasn't worth retail to me in the first place. Then there are figures on the secondary market that I want, but I'll only pay up to a certain price for. I really wanted a DX07 Bespin Luke last winter and my ceiling price for it was $500. Fortunately, I was able to secure the regular version (the EX Vader helmet accessory wasn't important to me) at that price.

Well It might be interesting to get every version of Rey, Finn and Ren to compose a collection of the " Evolution of the characters " because I think each character will change their look in all three films like the original core three did :wink1:

This does look good and it's really hard to resist it! However I'm only planning to get two Rey 1/6 figures. Scavenger and EPIX Rey. I'll have to settle for the Figuarts résistance Rey.

Back