1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Spider-Man: Homecoming - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see KG Hobby are no longer selling the 3rd party Peter Parker “blazer/hoodie” clothes for some reason. Does anyone else know where I can get it to complete the look or is anyone selling by any chance? Thinking if the Stitching is off on the head the hoodie can cover it anyways!

So I'm an idiot and left the knees bent for too long and they got creased. I saw someone post in here saying they were going to try a blow dryer or apply steam from a face steamer to fix the creases. I've been searching through this thread looking for success stories, but haven't seen anyone post their experience with it.

Has anyone had success removing creases in the knees?

Thanks everyone,

I've had him in one for the last 4 - 5 days a he's still got pretty noticeable creases. It's not the end of the world, but if it could be fixed... I would try it.

HqJpButh.jpg

I had that and i just pulled a little of the material away from the knee (up and down) a little so it was smooth and it went away. It's not going to do anything bunched up like that

I had that and i just pulled a little of the material away from the knee (up and down) a little so it was smooth and it went away. It's not going to do anything bunched up like that

I tried smoothing it as best I could, but there is still some (you should see how flabby his ass looks :lol

I'll leave it museum for another week and report back!

Thank you everyone!

I used steam from a face steamer and it works perfectly. I had mine in the upside hanging from a web pose for a few months. After the steam treatment, its like it was never posed that way and was always only posed with straight legs

I've had him in one for the last 4 - 5 days a he's still got pretty noticeable creases. It's not the end of the world, but if it could be fixed... I would try it.

HqJpButh.jpg

I agree with sirdoctor - a bit of team should fix that completely.

I had mine in the below pose for over 10 months:

IMG_1846.jpg

When I put him back in a museum pose last month, there was a huge amount of sagging on the outside of the extreme bends (in the ass and his right knee).

I put him in a bit of a crouch, which took up some of the sagging, for a week. This seemed to help a bit but when I put him back to a complete museum pose there was still a bit of sagging.

...So I held him carefully over the spout of a boiling kettle for a few seconds and...the suit pulled itself completely taut right before my eyes! No sagging, no stretch-based wrinkles.

My Spidey now looks good as new, except for a tiny bit of pinching damage behind his right knee and, right up close from a certain angle in the harshest light, a tiny crease on the blue part of his left hip (where the material folded over from the outstretched leg).

I might circle back this weekend and post pics of my steamed-to-near-perfection Spidey, but the takeaway is that a bit of steam should get your knee back to normal. Just be careful not to overdo it. I feel like there's also potential to stain the red material with steam, though I didn't get any staining once the material had dried out. Just take it easy! :)

I feel a face steamer is better than a kettle as a kettle is hotter and disperses more moisture. If you use a kettle, pat dry the suit, dont rub

You are all wonderful people and I thank you.

Is there any fear of reposing andtearing or ripping the suit after steaming? I wasn't sure if the steam shrinks the fabric so it's form fitting, which would get rid of any stretch needed for the bend!

Back