1/6 Hot Toys- MMS- Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems like a stupidly great idea for a con exclusive. An integral character for fans of The Lone Ranger, but a nice, complementary piece for Depp fans, and, if anything, the hype of it being a "con exclusive" could, potentially, mean better sales than a regular release. Of course, then, too, it's also less of a risk for HT, as they could limit production accordingly and not get stuck with 3,000 Lone Ranger figures in SSC's gift card section.:lol

This seems like a stupidly great idea for a con exclusive. An integral character for fans of The Lone Ranger, but a nice, complementary piece for Depp fans, and, if anything, the hype of it being a "con exclusive" could, potentially, mean better sales than a regular release. Of course, then, too, it's also less of a risk for HT, as they could limit production accordingly and not get stuck with 3,000 Lone Ranger figures in SSC's gift card section.:lol

Agree completely but thinking it's not going to happen- the con exclusives will probably be IM, IM, IM..ughhh

Even if they did yet another IM variant that'd be one out of the three exclusives - leaving two more spots! Plus con exclusives are often secondary characters or non-essential versions of primary characters.

I'm also betting on black-suited Man of Steel.

Talk about drip-feeding! Someone has posted catalog pics to One Sixth Republic's Facebook page, and it seems the only page they didn't fully scan was the one with Tonto on it. So we'll have to wait and see if the Ranger is there too.

On the upside, maybe that's why he didn't think it was worth scanning!

Does it look like the figures are more spread out on that left-hand page - like there's only room for two ...?

10446521_665794513499440_2620700619821425535_n.jpg

Edit: Turns out the Ranger isn't in there after all. Not really a surprise, but sad nonetheless :(

Looking back over previous catalogs, there *are* a couple of con exclusives that haven't made an appearance, eg Evil Supes and POTC Angelica. So we can still hold out a shred of hope.

Last edited:
Lone Rider was already in a catalog, last years catalog. Bet he got canned like everyone else.

Also, it makes absolutely NO sense to have DX 06 Jack Sparrow in there, none whatsoever. We're talking about a 3 year old, sold out figure. Catalogs are usually for promotion and advertising. Why the hell would you advertise your old resume?

Last edited:
It occurred to me that the catalog is put out by Hot Toys Japan, so might not necessarily reflect 100% what Hot Toys HK is doing.

Though it's still unlikely HT Japan has a stockpile of Jack Sparrows ...

I think it was a flub on HT part- as crazy as that sounds..I doubt they would ever do a straight reissue of a figure

My guess. They canceled the Ranger, and needed something to fill the space. So, they used an old Depp figure. Better an old figure nobody can get than misleading people with a new one they're not releasing.

SnakeDoc

Or not. They used Sparrow in last year's catalog and he was sold out then too. Plus they've rearranged the order of characters so it'd be easy to make the layout fit.

Since it's a Hot Toys Japan catalog I'd be curious how much communication there is between HT Japan and their HK head office.

Back