1/6 Hot Toys- MMS- Lone Ranger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have they ever started a line and skipped out before the title character?

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
If Hot Toys stick with their MO for Toy Fairs Exclusives, they'll do one Marvel, one DC and one other character.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I can't think of any other "active" licenses that would be more obvious than The Lone Ranger. Pirates and GI Joe have run their course, and Malificent's main character isn't out yet.

Plus the development work on the Ranger was already done, and Tonto is just now hitting Stateside, so the timing would be apt.

Of course, HT might just screw us over by doing two Marvels and a DC (or vice versa!)

The prototype has been done...so no reason he is not coming or is one of the SDCC ex.

1235915_588163497912311_900216223_n.jpg1013260_561713293890665_1152400099_n.jpg1014148_527839457289042_435764761_n.jpg

Do Hot Toys ever double up their catalog items from year to year? There may be some indication in this, coming out at Tokyo Toy Show on Thursday:

184-1_tts2014.jpg

I notice Hot Toys is not doing a limited item for Tokyo Toy Show this year. They've got a lot on their plate, so I hope the same doesn't go for Toy Fairs Exclusives ...

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm literally stumped at the apparent lack of interest in this figure. He's a hero (one of the first ones) which is all the rage nowadays, it's Disney, it's cowboys and Indians. Everything I'm guessing most members of this board would logically like. He was Batman before Batman. No powers, cool outfit, sweet ride, sidekick, dual personalities, coin. I'd bet 80% of us are within a given age range where we grew up with the same crap: Star Wars, monsters, Evel Knievel, Superfreinds, Hot Wheels and later GI Joe, He-man, Transformers etc... Yes, I know. Everyone would take a Clayton Moore, the movie sucked (I happened to love it, but then again I liked the Legend of the Lone Ranger too) blah blah. I question if everyone WOULD get a Clayton Moore LR or if they are just talking. I really hope this gets made. Apparently I'll be one of the 15 people buying him. I'm just surprised considering this is right in the wheelhouse of my generations nostalgic characters in my opinion. Not bashing-just not understanding.

I know what you mean. All I can put it down to is Lone Ranger fans not being part of the figure-buying, forum-dwelling crowd, and/or they're traditionalists who didn't like Verbinski's take. Have to admit I took some convincing myself, but now I love it. And I agree the Ranger could be a sleeper hit if they'd just put it out there. We don't want to end up with a Lone Tonto!

I'm quite often seeing comments that indicate Hot Toys collectors are suffering "superhero fatigue". Whether that makes them more likely to buy western figures is another thing ...

He isn't Marvel and looks generic.

Sure Clayton Moore's was a drug store cowboy of 50's, but looked great. Of high end figure of him would sell.

He isn't Marvel and looks generic.

Hopefully "generic" means he's cheap enough for HT to bother producing!

I wasn't sold on the new look for a long while, but eventually came around to the fact that it was more authentic to the time.

Sure Clayton Moore's was a drug store cowboy of 50's, but looked great. Of high end figure of him would sell.

Like this ...?

080807_lonerange05.jpg

Back