1/6 Hot Toys MMS - Episode III ROTS Anakin Skywalker (Dark Side) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember buying this at comic con. Amazing how much it is now. I could?ve bought another lol.

It?s crazy. Right now I?m about to get a deal on a Tuxedo Joker Suicide Squad and those go crazy too. Thankfully I?m getting a good deal on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ef46caa34c7faef98f708b39dc128d99.jpg

So Clone Wars Anakin got announced. Do you guys still think ROTS Anakin prices will drop?

That?s disappointing. I was hoping with this announcement people would off load their current Anakin to get this one [emoji2375]

Oh they might, just probably not at a lower price.

Take Leia for example, the A New Hope figure hasn?t gone down in price and there have been 3 Leia figures since then.

ROTS Anakin is the iconic look for most people and this dark side version is even more unique.

Am I the only one who thinks Clone Wars versions of Anakin and Obi Wan are a bit meh?
Much prefer the proper Jedi with robes look.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Take Leia for example, the A New Hope figure hasn?t gone down in price and there have been 3 Leia figures since then.

ROTS Anakin is the iconic look for most people and this dark side version is even more unique.

Yeah that?s true. Who knows, maybe it might. I still think those prices are ridiculous

Am I the only one who thinks Clone Wars versions of Anakin and Obi Wan are a bit meh?

The outfits look pretty cheap and not great tbh. The shorter hair on the Hayden sculpt is also throwing me off but I love Clone Wars too much to pass up.

That?s a great point. That being said, I?ll definitely be keeping DS Anakin, unloading regular Anakin, and buying CW Anakin. I just can?t have three of him in my collection, especially when two of them are practically the same figure

I agree. Many people love Clone Wars Anakin over Hayden so that?s why I?m assuming robes Anakin might get lower in price. Personally I agree with you. The clone wars Anakin looks meh, the robes are definitely more cool

That?s a great point. That being said, I?ll definitely be keeping DS Anakin, unloading regular Anakin, and buying CW Anakin. I just can?t have three of him in my collection, especially when two of them are practically the same figure

Yeah apart from the outfit and shorter hair it looks to be the same head sculpt.

Yeah apart from the outfit and shorter hair it looks to be the same head sculpt.

Definitely looks to be a similar head sculpt. In my head I?m thinking people always want something new. So if they see this they?ll think New= Better. Idk honestly but the point you made makes sense

Definitely looks to be a similar head sculpt. In my head I?m thinking people always want something new. So if they see this they?ll think New= Better. Idk honestly but the point you made makes sense

If you still really want the ROTS version you could always buy this as a placeholder then sell it down the line and buy the figure of your choice, or do a trade, I can?t imagine the value for this wont increase too, people love Clone Wars.

If you still really want the ROTS version you could always buy this as a placeholder then sell it down the line and buy the figure of your choice, or do a trade, I can?t imagine the value for this wont increase too, people love Clone Wars.

That?s a good idea but it would be a pretty long wait considering this will probably be in stock for a while. I mean wasn?t the ROTS version in stock for like 2 years before it somehow got crazy popular?

That?s a good idea but it would be a pretty long wait considering this will probably be in stock for a while. I mean wasn?t the ROTS version in stock for like 2 years before it somehow got crazy popular?

The last few HT Star Wars releases have had pretty short runs and Clone Wars is way more niche than the movies. I?m no expert but I doubt this?ll be around as long as the original was. I could be wrong though.

If you think the ROTS Anakin(The *definitive* look for that character) will ever reduce in price, i think you are sadly mistaken.
Barring a re-release(Not unheard of when a figure starts selling for $600 and upwards), you'll never get a cheap Anakin figure now, except that Clone Wars version.
The Sith version was still on waitlist when the lockdown happened, and when the world gets back to normal, it might go back on waitlist.
But failing that, sell your three least liked figures and buy one on Ebay, lol.

If you think the ROTS Anakin(The *definitive* look for that character) will ever reduce in price, i think you are sadly mistaken.
Barring a re-release(Not unheard of when a figure starts selling for $600 and upwards), you'll never get a cheap Anakin figure now, except that Clone Wars version.
The Sith version was still on waitlist when the lockdown happened, and when the world gets back to normal, it might go back on waitlist.
But failing that, sell your three least liked figures and buy one on Ebay, lol.

So what happened when it went on waitlist before the lockdown? I wasn?t really invested in it at the time so I have no idea what exactly happened with all that. Care to explain?

I don?t think selling 3 for 1 is a good idea. It just seems more like a loss than anything. Do you think that re release will happen?

The last few HT Star Wars releases have had pretty short runs and Clone Wars is way more niche than the movies. I?m no expert but I doubt this?ll be around as long as the original was. I could be wrong though.

Hmm then yeah maybe it?s worth investing in, keeping in mint condition then seeing what happens in the next few months. Still, dropping anywhere from 200-300 for a long term plan of hopefully trading it for the other version is hard to do haha

Back