1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good, especially the 1/4 scale, but I still favor the Mark 43.

Something about the shoulders and the rib-cage & upper torso of the 45 just look really weird to me..
also not a fan of the gauntlets.

744bc5cdjw1eudr9ctie8j22tc480kjt.jpg

I can't say I won't add this to my collection, just wish it wasn't as organic looking...the Mk 43 is spot on for my liking.

It's not, it's just more slim and has more curves than rather than corners

I don't see it slimmer either. Lol it's a beefier armor them all the other standard Mark armors. It's the first one (or the standard r/g mks) that looks like it may actually have a person in it.

I don't see it slimmer either. Lol it's a beefier armor them all the other standard Mark armors. It's the first one (or the standard r/g mks) that looks like it may actually have a person in it.

I take that back... It's not slimmer it's smoother but you're right, it's better proportions and in turn makes it feel like someone can be in there and move more naturally. :dunno that's how I get it.

Im in a bit of a dilemma here. I really like the 1/6 but I think the 1/4 might be better. The proportions are probably preferable on the 1/4, but I do like that the 1/6 is die cast and comes with lasers (Plus they fixed the facial slits at the top). The 1/4 scale is probably still better overall, but I don't know whether it's 200$ Difference worth of better. Any advice? Which one (if any) are you guys getting?

Im in a bit of a dilemma here. I really like the 1/6 but I think the 1/4 might be better. The proportions are probably preferable on the 1/4, but I do like that the 1/6 is die cast and comes with lasers (Plus they fixed the facial slits at the top). The 1/4 scale is probably still better overall, but I don't know whether it's 200$ Difference worth of better. Any advice? Which one (if any) are you guys getting?

Sticking with the 1/6 myself. The 1/4 does look good but not an extra $200 good. Personally I plan to stick with 1/6 because I only want to collect a single scale. I'd have a harder time deciding between scales if I were a huge fan of the 43 since the 1/4 just looks so much better than the 1/6 proportionally plus it comes with an amazing headsculpt. The extra $200 just isn't justified with the 45 imo.

Well, logically the quarter scales 'should' be better.. that extra couple of hundy is going into more than just enlarging the scale of it.... it's a bit like a plastic model kit of an F-15. You'd expect more detail, and more parts, a better paint app and articulation..

If the deciding factor is what is better, I'd say quarter scale. I'd struggle with the price per piece myself, even with a pretty disposable income... But my collection is small with one Premium Format Figure being the jewel of the crown.... If I'm going to display multiple figures together, sixth scale is much more practical as well...

Since it's going to be my first HT I'm upgrading to the 1/4th. I don't mind the extra $200 since it looks like it walked right off of the screen.

I want both 43's :hi5:
but not the 1/4 45, but that's just because of the price and I'm trying to save for SDCC next year :dunno

I'd love to have all 4 :lol

I definitely want the 1/4 43 on top of the 1/6 43 I already have. I haven't ordered it yet since I'm hoping we'll get a coupon for Spooktacular. That Stark head sculpt is simply too incredible to pass up. :hi5:

The 1/6 45 is on pre-order. I'm actually still on the fence about the 1/4 45, but at this point I'm certain that I will pull the trigger on it.

This is on top of my 9 or 10 pre-orders that are all due to ship before Christmas. I had questioned my sanity up until this point, but now I know that it's no longer questionable. I am, without a doubt, 100% insane. :cuckoo: :rotfl

Back