1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 45

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the possibility of the lack of torso articulation in the Mark 45 like the Mark 3, wasn't the Mark 3 an exception because of that Mark 3 construction figure? I had always thought that Hot Toys had taken the cheap route and skipped the torso articulation in the new Mark 3 because the Mark 3 construction figure had sold poorly, so they had simply chosen to recycle that figure, retained its lack of torso movement, and added the lower body to make it a complete figure. Then later, they threw in the interchangeable abdominal piece to add some degree of versatility to the figure, knowing people would not like the design or its lack of torso movement. The only other armor that I think will have this same design is the diecast Mark 2 (if they make one), which is basically just the Mark 3 without the paint job. Otherwise, I don't think we'll see that kind of design again. I'm still holding on to my hopes that the Mark 45 will have similar articulation to the Mark 42 and 43.

Yeah man, it's just the fact you can rotate the hip up and the crotch piece is movable rubber.

There's actually zero waist articulation. You can't swivel it around.

Do you even own it lol? It was my first Hot Toy evar and I tested the living **** out of it,trust me I know. Here,here are some pictures I just took of the waist swivel. There was no manipulating the hip or crotch piece,just twisting the waist. Do you see it now lol?

This may not be the proper thread to ask, but it somewhat pertains to this figure (because i have it on po) as well as the life cycle of all Hot Toys in the post-preorder/pre-release zone. But what is there to look forward to once people snap secret base pictures and comic con displays? Or do we just rot until it releases overseas? Lol.

It's still a prototype at that point. We may get more pics of a prototype, poses shows. But I'm not sure there's much to look forward to..the only way to truly know what the figure you will receives looks like is once it is officially released.

This may not be the proper thread to ask, but it somewhat pertains to this figure (because i have it on po) as well as the life cycle of all Hot Toys in the post-preorder/pre-release zone. But what is there to look forward to once people snap secret base pictures and comic con displays? Or do we just rot until it releases overseas? Lol.

On July 24-28 HT is going to the ANI-COM convention in Hong Kong (ACGHK) They should have all their new products on display, including this:

10818395_10152951943477344_2477933609017506861_o.jpg

Thanks for the responses guys. True test of patience I suppose.

After seeing the 1/4 pictures, I'm more than happy with the 1/6 based on what we've seen so far. They do look different proportionally (the 1/6 appears to be more sleek than the beefy 1/4) and I actually prefer the slightly more slim 1/6. Though I will say, the 1/4 does appear more "screen accurate" so it's kind of ironic that I prefer the 1/6's proportions.

Of course, these are all prototypes so who knows how they'll turn out in hand.

I had no idea the 1/4th XLV was actually happening... so now I have to cancel my PO on the 1/6th and upgrade to the 1/4th haha.

Oh just to clarify my inquiry, I was referring to the life cycle of specific figures. Announcement - preorder - release. Obviously there will be plenty of other figures announced and released in between. Was just wondering if more prototypes or info in general of a single figure are usually featured along the way to release.

Back