1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hated this last night. So send him to me please. Look great. Love the new (correct) height.

:D

Lack of sleep and reading the last several pages here made me second guess my 10min of unboxing play time yesterday :p
Still haven’t taken the base, saber, or hands outta the box!
I’m diggin this guy... need some ESB Troopers now :)

The helmet doesn't look ESB at all to me. Looking at all these pictures and film stills has only solidified my opinion. All I see is the Rebels Vader helmet or some variation of that. Glad some people are happy, but in my eyes, this is a piss poor attempt by HT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mini review before I film tomorrow (have to head to work soon...)

This is a great representation of Darth Vader, if not the best in 1:6 scale in my opinion... my only MAJOR gripe is with the dome. It's pretty finicky and doesn't stay on unless you have it lined up properly, and afterwards good luck moving his headsculpt without the thing loosening and it needing to be reattached. Mine came kinda scuffed up too, so I emailed Sideshow to see about getting a replacement dome.

Aside from that, the gloves are much easier to swap, whereas it was a nightmare on the Rogue One version IMO. They definitely corrected his height, the diorama base is outstanding and truly helps to invoke the emotion of "No, I am your father".

I don't know what else anyone could want out of a Darth Vader figure. Highly recommend getting this if you don't already have a Darth Vader in your collection like me. I sold my Rogue One version a long time ago. I would pick this up over the Rogue One version as it's currently priced for retail on Sideshow, and the accessories are plentiful.

I haven't had the chance to play with the lightup features yet, but as always I'm not the biggest fan, and I'm not very excited of going to the trouble of turning four switches on.

View attachment 424111
View attachment 424112

Nice. Are you able to drop the belt a bit at all? I’ve seen people say you’re not really able to, which would be a shame if true. Though I’m not really diggin’ those shoulder bells that really flare out.

The helmet doesn't look ESB at all to me. Looking at all these pictures and film stills has only solidified my opinion. All I see is the Rebels Vader helmet or some variation of that. Glad some people are happy, but in my eyes, this is a piss poor attempt by HT.

Yeah, something about the neck area looks off to me, as if he has no neck. Though Vader doesn’t have that much of a neck to begin with, it still looks like the head just merely meets the torso on the figure.

Same here as well. Was supposed to be a Monday delivery too. But now not too sure. Bummerz...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My delivery reupdated, and it's still on track for Monday. So the derailment didn't screw with it too much I guess. We'll see!

My delivery reupdated, and it's still on track for Monday. So the derailment didn't screw with it too much I guess. We'll see!
Cool! That's good! Mine hasn't updated yet, but I'm assuming if it was with the same batch (as it was delayed with) then it would make sense it would not delay as well. Here's hoping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This hottoys esb Vader like sideshow deluxe Vader

Yeah, something about the neck area looks off to me, as if he has no neck. Though Vader doesn’t have that much of a neck to begin with, it still looks like the head just merely meets the torso on the figure.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I think the dome flare is too long and shaped incorrectly.

For me it's the helmet to body proportions. He looks really stout, stubby.
Basically the helmet looks to big and throws off the realism.
I think the RO has better helmet to body proportions.

7600552c6a32a86bca743ba7a3c8fc9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what it is now. The ESB looks lile there is no neck at all......

RO looks giraffe neck.....

Geez ......who knows.

But thats whats bothering me anout the ESB....the stubbiness is from, what appears to be very little neck area.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Yeah really. I mean, the name plate even says Luke Skywalker, of course it's gonna look different. Not even the same guy.

I would think you can kind of hide/mitigate it by tilting the head back a bit. Vader seldom has his head looking forward perfectly straight; there’s usually a slight tilt back.

Did they purposely make it like this so when the ROTJ one comes out they’ll actually nail it?

Back