1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly what davejames posted above.

Those promo pics were just of the prototype figure, and things can change. The Boba Fett helmet changed after the promo pics, and improved for the actual production piece. In hand pics and videos are the first chance to scrutinize the final production piece.

And I don't see it as tearing this figure apart. This forum and these threads serve to collect opinions and information about the figures. That includes criticisms of certain aspects that some might consider nitpicky. And whatever flaws there might be won't bother everyone equally. Some of the flaws won't even bother certain collectors at all. But the more opinions, photos, videos, and information that get posted here (both positive and negative), the more informed people will be who are still trying to make a purchase decision.

This figure has only now just been released. We still don't have the full story. I'm eagerly awaiting comparison photos that show this figure next to one of the previous HT Vaders. That'll be the true test for me of what improved, or what got worse in terms of sculpt and scaling. I know exactly what I'm looking for, and what I'll specifically be disappointed with if my suspicions turn out to be true. But that's just me. Others will see things very differently. Either way, it's not a horrible figure by any stretch. The question is simply whether it checks off enough boxes to warrant the purchase. That will change dramatically from person to person.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Let's just wait and see more in hand videos and reviews.

Of course it's ok to realize the mistakes. But your critics were based on first blog photos and bad smartphone videos, which may not refelect the figure correctly.

I think with so many mistakes this figure already seems to have, people will have plenty of time to make the purchase decision before it's sold out :)

Photos via Hot Toys Mad Man. He also informed me that the dome locks into place firmly once lined up properly.

pmEpgDu.jpg
Lo45tfI.jpg
0qKW6Y4.jpg

Does it look perfect? Nope, but does it look as bad as you guys are making it out to be? God no. I'll be happy with this in my collection.

The figure looks ok. Glad I pre-ordered.

The above pics look weird with the distorted close-up. He should have taken them from a longer distance and use a bit of zoom.

So whos going to be the daring soul that cracks this thing open to see if theres a full Anakin sculpt in there? lol

Photos via Hot Toys Mad Man. He also informed me that the dome locks into place firmly once lined up properly.

View attachment 423740
View attachment 423741
View attachment 423742

Does it look perfect? Nope, but does it look as bad as you guys are making it out to be? God no. I'll be happy with this in my collection.

There not the most flattering pics due to the lens distortion...but again it's one step forward and two steps back from HT...the nose is a definite improvement from the silly plug-ins of earlier versions...eye lens look better shaped too...and i like that they've made those wee scar/indents below the eyes more prominent.

But the awful mess of the tusk tubing and the widows peak are huge eye sores and let's it down...again it all looks lazily put together..
Looking at the mask and helmet is like looking at a bastardised ANH/TESB/ROTJ version....which is disappointing..

I'm still getting this though as i'm a vader nut...but this should have looked a whole lot better..

Everyone knows when HT hits it out of the park: Yondu, Sparrow, Mk VI, Star-Lord, Tarkin...

Obviously, for ESB, everyone wanted that for Vader. But clearly, few have that same warm-and-fuzzy feeling about this. It's not a homerun. Could be a double. Which is a bit of a disappointment for Darth Vader.

That said, HT is putting all its 'homerun' skills into the ultimate reveal ROTJ Vader. You just know they are. And its likely going to be a DX. So in a sense, this one is just another 'filler' Vader until then. Another milked Dark Lord. Face it, that's what it is. Buy it, or do not.

Those young dudes/dudettes at HT love the PT...so my money's on a ROTS DX version...with all the bells and whistles..

39753205_10155698526907344_3202281956100276224_o.jpg

I am getting so impatient for this thing. I think the helmet looks so good here. Nowhere near the widows peak that is on my ANH and R1 vader. This one is gonna be the best 1/6 Vader imo, until the next one. lol

Still waiting for an update from Sideshow

But they nailed the headsculpt on the 1:4 rotJ. why couldn;t they just use the same sculpt and size it down? You can see the top RotJ everything is perfectly proportioned, the eyes and mouth are the right shape and it really looks like movie Vader...View attachment 423727View attachment 423728

That 1/4 proto vader is where the bar is at...but i hope and pray they don't alter anything on the production piece..

Back