1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it was Sideshow everyone would be nervous:lol

I am getting him from Timewalker, nice to see him on the imminent arrival page.

I remember this happening with something before like 3 years ago. Very seldom but unheard of.

TFA Chewbacca was released in Japan before HK a few years back. Maybe that’s the one?
Again, this was supposed to drop here in Japan back in June. Repeated emails wanting an update or clarification on release are just met with a “we don’t know when we will get it” by those involved here, even though it’s Hot Toys themselves.
Always nice to be reminded that there are one set of rules for the customer and another for the company.

Just adding that I also remember this happening in the past, but I can’t remember which figure. Just wanted to add that cuz I want my Vader sooner than later :lol

Anyhow, for once people don’t have to wait in frustration and anticipation while everyone gets it from Hong Kong first. Seems awesome. Almost to the point that I feel like I should go order one right now. :lol

I preordered from KG hobbies in Hong Kong.I've gotten no recent e-mail to ask me to pay the rest or that it's coming soon and on the site it still says Q3-Q4 2018

maybe it's sideshow that messed up the date? Seems weird it's the first time there's no pictures yet and some sites didn't send notices that it's shipping soon

I actually prefer when others get it before I do. That way I have fair warning if an issues has cropped up. When Deadpool came out it was the first batch owners who kept me from having suit rub issues by complaining. By the time the second batch arrived in the states they'd fixed it.

Since other thread was locked re-posting old product pics here

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

up_11.jpg

up_12.jpg

up_13.jpg

up_14.jpg

up_15.jpg

up_16.jpg

up_17.jpg

up_18.jpg

up_19.jpg

up_20.jpg

up_21.jpg

up_22.jpg

up_23.jpg

up_24.jpg

Yeah!!...looking at the pics again,this is a fkn beautiful looking figure!
Hot toys REALLY should start making dios to go with the figures.
The Carbon freeze chamber has so many options!!

No activity going on with the ANH Vader, so I just wanted to see if anyone knows if the two silver studs that are on the horizontal chest box straps actually ANH movie accurate? From what I found, only the vertical ones existed.

And 80% more gloss.. not a plus for me :lol
Yep, not a fan at all of the glossy look. Looks more toyish and less menacing. The more I think about it, the less I really need another Vader. Not enough differences (or cool differences) between the costume changes as opposed to the two Fett looks.
Apparently a costume used to promote Empire had studs on the belt
Thanks. Yeah, I think that HT got it wrong when they added those horizontal studs on the chest box straps. Reason why I was trying to find out is cause I'm going to add some to my RO chest box harness on my kitbashed ANH Vader. Had to make sure that the studs only go on the straps protruding from the top of the chest box. Plus, I can place them in the proper lower position as opposed to HT placing them way too high up.

Now I have to figure out if there were actual shin straps that went around the boots on the screen used ANH boots.

As in a future HT deluxe Jedi Vader? Why would you think it would make this one look cheap? It's gonna be the same figure..except we'll get an Anakin sculpt.

Because it will be a DX with all the best parts that HT has learned of from doing 4x Vaders previously... and HT is notorious for often waiting until the last figure to do their best work. How else do they entice you to buy it?

And 80% more gloss.. not a plus for me :lol

Yep, I'm not a fan of the ROTJ look. I doubt HT will go full movie gloss though, like in the beginning of ROTJ. That looked ridiculous. Could see every studio light in his helmet.

Because it will be a DX with all the best parts that HT has learned of from doing 4x Vaders previously... and HT is notorious for often waiting until the last figure to do their best work. How else do they entice you to buy it?
Yeah, like if they don't remove the widow's peak from the Empire one, they'll release the Jedi version with the corrected dome..thus having everyone buy it as well.

Back