1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must protect precious cardboard with more cardboard!

Two more weeks and I hopefully got Vader inhand, based on the pics I expect this to be the grail 1:6 Vader for me til v2 in 10 years.. dont like the glossy ROTJ one as much.

It's more so to protect the figure's packaging. If only shipped in the shipper and that shipper gets punctured then the figure's packing is screwed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It's more so to protect the figure's packaging. If only shipped in the shipper and that shipper gets punctured the the figure's packing is screwed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That's very true. Those shippers aren't protecting anything except for scuffing. For me more often than not the corners of the actual figure box are smooshed, or there are fairly sizable dents, like an inch deep by 2 inches long, along the box edges. Luckily the figure is fine, but I would feel silly asking Sideshow to send me another figure box because mine was dented in shipping.

I remember early on getting some figures from SS that had styrofoam tops and bottoms on their boxes, so the box "floated" inside the shipper. At least that gave a little bit of buffer.

Absolutely not double. The tariffs should only affect the components really. So if die cast in a piece cost them $10 (I would bet less), it would only go up a few bucks. On a $250-300 figure that shouldn't equate to that much, but who knows with these companies.

We're already seeing increases like this. The average figure now cost around 250 and the diecast ironmen 430. I'll definitely be priced out if they keep doing this.

A bit off topic - but this thread is pretty hot right now, so might have a better chance.
So does anyone know if the two silver studs that are on the horizontal chest box straps actually ANH movie accurate? From what I found, only the vertical ones existed. Then again, the tunic generally was pushed right up against the chest box, possibly hiding any studs.

Wasn't decided about this figure, but in the end pre-ordered this too yesterday. If ROTJ Vader arrives will see if I keep ESB Vader (my favorite movie and the most powerful Vader) or keep the ROTJ version (which will most likely come with full reveal)

That's very true. Those shippers aren't protecting anything except for scuffing. For me more often than not the corners of the actual figure box are smooshed, or there are fairly sizable dents, like an inch deep by 2 inches long, along the box edges. Luckily the figure is fine, but I would feel silly asking Sideshow to send me another figure box because mine was dented in shipping.

I remember early on getting some figures from SS that had styrofoam tops and bottoms on their boxes, so the box "floated" inside the shipper. At least that gave a little bit of buffer.
Exactly. I don't mind a dinged box from time to time but UPS is literally stomping on the last 3 figures Ive ordered. LOVE how BBTS double boxes automatically.

Wasn't decided about this figure, but in the end pre-ordered this too yesterday. If ROTJ Vader arrives will see if I keep ESB Vader (my favorite movie and the most powerful Vader) or keep the ROTJ version (which will most likely come with full reveal)

Keep the esb and buy the 1/4 scale Rotj Vader for full reveal.

This is still coming in a couple weeks... and yet still nothing from HK? No pics, no unboxing videos, nothing...? Somehow this got on the boat without any fanfare. Vader? Darth Vader.

Strangest release ever from HT.

This is still coming in a couple weeks... and yet still nothing from HK? No pics, no unboxing videos, nothing...? Somehow this got on the boat without any fanfare. Vader? Darth Vader.

Strangest release ever from HT.
Suprising that someone hasn't called Sideshow. They might be able to clarify the situation some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What’s to clarify? They have him coming. The pics will probably pop up this week. It’s not the first time they’ve loaded up a shipment before the HK reveal.

Maybe HT forgot their Facebook password. Been quiet for a week.

What’s to clarify? They have him coming. The pics will probably pop up this week. It’s not the first time they’ve loaded up a shipment before the HK reveal.

Maybe HT forgot their Facebook password. Been quiet for a week.

What other figure has this happened with? I honestly don't recall this type of deal.

What other figure has this happened with? I honestly don't recall this type of deal.

I’ve never seen the no pics deal. We’re in uncharted territory. But the closest reveal to ship date for me was the Sandtrooper. Just went back to that thread. It was 11/17 reveal and 12/10 ship. So they were likely already on the boat or about to be loaded up when they revealed the figure in HK since normally it’s 6 weeks or so.

Anyhow, for once people don’t have to wait in frustration and anticipation while everyone gets it from Hong Kong first. Seems awesome. Almost to the point that I feel like I should go order one right now. :lol

Back