1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the base look underscaled to anyone else or is it just me??

By design I think it's under scaled. Similar to Boba Fett's Sarlacc pit base and IM Mark VI base it's just a diorama style base vs a 1/6 replica of the gantry.

Does the base look underscaled to anyone else or is it just me??

There was no attempt to make it the correct scale, as with Boba's Sarlacc base.

image_112fc697.jpeg

Hi this is my first post

All I want is a Vader figure with an accurate head sculpt (face mask and dome). It's been 40 years since the films came out and this has never been done. I don't care about other small details like the color of the buttons on the chest plate.

I pre-ordered this from KGhobbies but I feel it's a gamble. On some promo shots the dome is too big, on some others it appears better proportionned but too short in the back of the head . Do figures always change slightly from initial promo pics to the final product? Is there still a chance the final dome will be perfect?

My other question is : Why can't they just 3D scan a real helmet or accurate prop replica and be done with it instead of having an artist sculpt it from scratch and ALWAYS have errors? Do they do this on purpose so we always have to buy another "slightly better" Vader all the time

Because then they wont make $ over people double, triple quadruple etc dip on every tiny improvement :p

Also to 3D scan movie props you will probably have to pay Lucasfilm/Di$ney more then a bus ticket.

As far as Vaders go, this one is imo the 1/6 one people have waited 40 years for, unless they manage to make the RoTJ one a significant improvement beyond just adding more gloss.

The base serves its purpose and will still look good on display. I don’t need it to be something bigger than it already is that will be hard to find display space for.

Here's the Vaders I've owned over the years

Cinemacast Vader :looked good at the time but very inaccurate..barely looks like Vader but cool pose. Displayed on my shelf about 10 years. Broke in several places and paint started to chip. I'll never buy another figure in porcelain or Polystone

Kotobuyika "Final Duel" 1/7 RotJ vader : Weird pose, inaccurate helmet .Displayed for 5 years

Kotobuyika 1/7 ANH Vader. Got that last year. Worst figure I ever bought and biggest mistake

Disney Elite Vader. Looks decent but head too small and made of cheap unpainted plastic .Cape sucks

Hot Toys rogue One. Overpaid on ebay Probably the best Vader I ever owned and my first true 1/6th figure. Good representation of Vader but Head Sculpt not perfect, especially the dome. Annoying enough for me to want another one

so I'm gambling this one will be better in the end

anyone had experience at KGhobbies?

I live in Canada so I figure it's better to pay less for the base figure even if the shipping is more than pay more for the base figure at SS and STILL pay expensive shipping. Actually the shipping at KG said 40$ (estimation) so it's probably less than I'd pay ordering from the US

And in both cases I might have to deal with potential customs fees (though this rarely happens)

Back