1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this is coming out soon, I’ve been debating whether to try and pick up DX07 Luke, Sideshow ESB Boba Fett and Carbonite Han. However before I make up my mind on what to do, I wanted to ask you guys if you think Hot Toys will eventually make Bespin Luke, ESB Fett and Carbonite Han?? I recalled someone saying HT won’t touch some of the characters that Sideshow already did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this is coming out soon, I’ve been debating whether to try and pick up DX07 Luke, Sideshow ESB Boba Fett and Carbonite Han. However before I make up my mind on what to do, I wanted to ask you guys if you think Hot Toys will eventually make Bespin Luke, ESB Fett and Carbonite Han?? I recalled someone saying HT won’t touch some of the characters that Sideshow already did.

Well there's already a HT ESB Fett in the Vader pics so covered there. Likely a DX ver with carbon han perhaps.

Personally I feel a 2.0 bespin luke will happen.

Well there's already a HT ESB Fett in the Vader pics so covered there. Likely a DX ver with carbon han perhaps.

Personally I feel a 2.0 bespin luke will happen.

Thanks for your input. I think I’ll sit on my hands and just wait it out. [emoji6]

....I recalled someone saying HT won’t touch some of the characters that Sideshow already did.

If that were true, we wouldn't have any human figure from ANH. There could be a wait period, but even that I'm not sure of.

No probs.

Just my humble opinion obviously but personally I would wait it out and see what they show over the next 2-3 months.

:duff

The 'no previous SS figure rule' was certainly bandied about back when HT announced the licence but that talk soon lost traction, whether true or not originally and despite the source, when HT announced certain figs early on.

Like others have mentioned, ESB Fett looks to be on the horizon, so you're good there. Carbonite Han is a maybe, but the SSC is pretty darn good so if you were to go with that one, I don't think it'd matter if HT made one. I personally don't think there will be a 2.0 Bespin, but who knows.

As stated, there'd be no harm in waiting it out a few months to see what happens. I don't see DX07 prices just raising to even more astronomical prices than they are now.

I would definitely say it’s possible...which is adventageous ;)

even if they made a bespin luke I probable would not get it as I already have the DX version. but i might upgrade the sculpt if it`s a home run.

I think this is already pre-sold out.

BTW, while you're all talking widow's peak, is anyone else bothered by the lack of color on the concrete colored Vader head?

It should look like this...

ldvader2.jpg

As DiFabio said, puss pink and putrid yellow.

Yep like an infected gonad

I would definitely say it’s possible...which is adventageous ;)

DX07 is a stunning set, but it's been years and I feel HT would be leaving money on the table if they didn't release a new version.

They *have* done 2.0 figures in the past...

As far as the sculpt goes, DX07 has some great angles, dependent on skillful use of the PERS. But -- particularly on the non-BD sculpt -- they made the nose too sharp, as post-accident, ESB Hamill's nose is flatter; this mistake was avoided on the ROTJ proto, and with different hair I think would look *killer*; plus the paint apps have progressed since DX07.

I'm going to speculate that a new Bespin Luke is likely.

Fair warning, but if we get a Donald Glover Lando before a Billy Dee Williams one, I'm going to riot.

I would definitely like to see an updated paintjob for the back of Vader's head in the final release. The flat skintone doesn't do the film justice. But, frankly, this is gonna be an instant PO for me either way.

Back