1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT ESB Vader arrived, very cool figure. I know about his accuracy issues, but still is a great figure. Added a bit of museum putty inside the helmet dome and never installed the crappy cell batteries, just the AAA in the base. Some day I might buff his chest a bit and use the steamer on the robes, though I don't really feel it is necessary.

Hot-Toys-Darth-Vader-ESB-13.jpg

Very tempted by this figure....all the pics look great.

I love the dio base too...I have a $50 coupon to spend but it's only going to cover shipping plus about 1/3 of the tax...decisions decisions:wink1:

Yeah I spotted that....a big rush on HotToys figures over at PopCultcha Vader, Luke, Boba, Leia and Sith Anakin...I wonder how far off Palpatine is. Hopefully a few weeks so I can get Christmas out of the way first.

Genuinely curious, why do so many people buy from PopCultcha? Doesn't seem to be much cheaper than BBTS/Sideshow/eBay. Some of their HT stuff seems to be on the pricey side, actually. Do they have low shipping/tax or something?

They're an Australian company. Depending on where you are in the world they may be much cheaper to order from than US stores when you factor in shipping, taxes, duties, import fees, etc.

Genuinely curious, why do so many people buy from PopCultcha? Doesn't seem to be much cheaper than BBTS/Sideshow/eBay. Some of their HT stuff seems to be on the pricey side, actually. Do they have low shipping/tax or something?

I’m Australian so can’t comment on the international aspects but they generally: have discounts on new HT figures, regular sales, free shipping locally, extremely well packed items and loyalty points. Their customer service used to be excellent but has gone majority down hill in the last six months which is concerning.

For me,an Aussie who used to buy via Sideshow, it has become too expensive to go though them or BBTS.
Even ebay purchases from overseas for us now come with a service tax.
Pop seem to take that out of it,and their price would factor in shipping,still cheaper than buying overseas.
Unless it's something i REALLY need(Han in Stormie disguise),then it's cheaper now to buy via local sellers.

It's definitely first choice for Aussies, but people from other countries also prefer them.

No got my notice from them last Friday and received him yesterday. Ordered in August and called to pay the remaining amount on the Thursday so not sure how they are deciding who gets shipped and when.

Speaking of Popcultcha, anyone else who ordered from them still waiting on their notification?

i paid mine in full last month.
he arrived today.
Have TESB Fett arriving tomoz,Jedi Luke Monday,unless Australia Post miraculously deliver it Saturday,and Zing store have my 2nd ERG in!!

Go Glenn! So noodles for Christmas dinner then??

I got Vader yesterday and Jedi Luke today and that was crazy enough for me to last for quite awhile.

I've just got my invoice from Popcultcha to pay the remaining amount for both Vader and Jedi Luke. Thing is they've added on delivery again and I paid that when I pre-ordered and with it being so close to xmas and the time difference, it's probably going to take a while to get it all sorted.

Back