1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got mine from BBTS. I'm pretty happy overall. The helmet on my figure snaps into place and stays on without a problem. The arm with the saber is super difficult to swap. I thought it was going to bust the forearm seam on the suit. The longevity of the suit concerns me. The pressue it took to swap the arm and the hand put visible stress on the suit. That coupled with the creases in between the joints lead me to belive it's not a very durable material. I hope it doesn't start cracking and flaking like it's indicating it might.

Nice pic. Yeah, those creases in the elbows are scary(ANH vader was the same way). It's one of the reasons I never pose anything with that kind of material with arms bent for very long

OK....this ESB DV is FANTASTIC...arrived today...From someone who watched ESB in the movies at 8 and a true fan to the originals including my 8 year old son now...this figure is FANTASTIC.

Per forum, lowered belt by first rearranging the lightup box behind his back vertical rather than horizontal as it came...basically it is now strapped behind his rear-end...its also much easier to turn on/off that way too.

Tusks on mine had no issues, seem to be on target. Headmask holds good, although know how to turn his head by holding the chin with the helmet. Have patience adjusting the belt and batteries.

Pictures coming soon...Bespin Luke is getting ready after 5 years...YEAH BABY!

Nice pic. Yeah, those creases in the elbows are scary(ANH vader was the same way). It's one of the reasons I never pose anything with that kind of material with arms bent for very long

You know I never noticed it on any of the other Vaders (SSC or Hot Toys). I'm not sure if the forum deterioration paranoia is opening my eyes to things I didn't pay attention to before, but this one scares me.

Well, I'm sure people with the first SS 1:6 and 1:4 Vaders from what, 15 years ago could answer the suit peel questions, tho I think new figures use better quality materials. I know older hot toys had rubber rot issues with fake leather clothing but so far I have not heard of Vaders falling apart

You know I never noticed it on any of the other Vaders (SSC or Hot Toys). I'm not sure if the forum deterioration paranoia is opening my eyes to things I didn't pay attention to before, but this one scares me.

Material seems good on this one...posed mine in a bit more bent motion than yours with the grip you don't know the power hand. Its always a good watch out though that the material does not get caught up in the joint crack when bending it.

You know what scares me is Spiderman Homecoming...scared to do anything with that figure and yes, seen pics of that thing peeling because its that kind of material.

Finally was able to take my Vader out of the box as I received my replacement helmet. Still need to pick a pose but out of box this is the best 1/6 Vader I've had. Just so polished, proportions are great. Just incredible. Two minor complaints: like every hot toys Vader I've had I can't get the arms close enough to the side and the removable helmet is annoying when you want to move the head. I'm going to stick it down with a little poster putty. I find the pleats to be very well done.

Selling an ANH Vader with 2 R1 gloves if anyone is interested.
a90b58ef6d0352fbca50db59a30f45cd.jpg
493837d350d8d20fb088609f9529f44f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The pleats are really an eye sore on this new version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had them all and in hand don't see that see all. Respect your opinion but the tailoring on this one is second to none.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

For those who added batteries to the chest, did anyone find after maybe 15 minutes the sequence stopping?

I used new batteries for everything, not HT ones that came with the figure. Lightup features on the belt do stay bright a long while (thus to my thought the reason why they may have engineered the belt this way, but maybe not). Anyway, belt lasts a long time bright unlike other HT lightup features of the past.

The different switches is a total pain and my guess is - after the initial try-out - people won't use them at all, simply because it's too much of a pain. It's one good thing about the Sideshow DX chestbox/belt boxes - even though the box is just a tad undersized and the detail isn't quite as accurate, it's one switch (that's fairly easy to use/access) and all three boxes light up.

Used it once last night for he first time. They all work and are bright, but after 5 minutes I turned them off and will probably not use them again unless showing my girlfriend or a couple of my buddies. It's cool, but way too much of a hassle to completely light up.

Especially if you do the saber arm too. I really hate the way they have to be turned on. Hence testing to see if they work, and never using again on any of my figures with that feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, don't get the pleat complaint. Stills show a pleating look......it's not exact, but not terrible either.

I don’t mean to imply they aren’t well done. They look over cooked to me. Too crisp and too many. Isn’t that the RO look?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've looked through some pages and didn't see anything, but are there any side by side comparison shots of all the HT Vaders?

I held off on RO Vader in hopes of an ESB version, and in some pics this looks great and in others it looks awkward.

The different switches is a total pain and my guess is - after the initial try-out - people won't use them at all, simply because it's too much of a pain. It's one good thing about the Sideshow DX chestbox/belt boxes - even though the box is just a tad undersized and the detail isn't quite as accurate, it's one switch (that's fairly easy to use/access) and all three boxes light up.

Agreed. I'll test my ESB Vader when he arrives and then I'll remove all batteries. BTW are those batteries easy to remove?

Back