1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 452 - Star Wars: Episode V ESB - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking about getting this for awhile, as I don't have a HT Vader. However I can't seem to find anything about the articulation in the reviews I've seen so far. Can someone give me a hand? XD

Hey guys! So I know a lot of you want to know how the recent ESB Vader compares to the other Hot Toys Releases...so I threw together a comparison video covering the little details and differences between them all! Hope you enjoy guys :)

Been thinking about getting this for awhile, as I don't have a HT Vader. However I can't seem to find anything about the articulation in the reviews I've seen so far. Can someone give me a hand? XD

Well the joints on the body are super tight, But its Limited as if you were to have a suit of armor. RO has better range of motion mostly because of the chest armor is different and long limbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys! So I know a lot of you want to know how the recent ESB Vader compares to the other Hot Toys Releases...so I threw together a comparison video covering the little details and differences between them all! Hope you enjoy guys :)

Good stuff, Justin. This video will keep me going until mine gets here.

Does anyone have a comparison pic of Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Vader next to HT Vader?

Owning both, in hand it's absolutely no contest. Hot toys esb Vader blows it out of the water in every aspect.
Most notably in build quality and detail, next to the crisp hot toys the sideshow Vader mask almost seems made of clay with lazy eyes, which kinda brings the figure down more then it deserves :lol

Very nice video, thanks.

But you got the lightsabers mixed up. The one you keep saying is ESB is ANH. The Rogue One saber matches the ESB saber because for the film, the prop makers replicated the ESB saber. So the R1 figure got it screen accurate, even if it doesn’t really make sense continuity-wise within the films. And I have no idea why they made an ESB saber for R1 instead of replicating the ANH saber.

Sorry to double post....

Screenshot from this unboxing video. Looks amazing... lighting is everything with Vader

MEO7a1j.png

He does look really good here.

This is another example of why I was saying to not cancel immediately, and wait for more in hand pictures to surface to see what people can do with it first. Many of these in hand pictures after people have futzed with the figure a bit, are blowing the initial blogger pics away. They usually do.

Agreed. The futzing skills of the folks here go a long way. The MarfMaster photos are proof of that (but it took me a while to even notice Vader because I was too busy being blown away by Luke's lightsaber; Holy **** that looks awesome!).

Nice! I need that lightsaber in red!

Where did you get that Saber from.

Speaking of "Wow Factors"...your photos and futzing are excellent....now I'm just waiting for this one so a lot of other folks - it's shots like these that ramp up the anticipation...well done!

Amazing work Dane!

All stock? No mods?

Thanks, everyone! This great figure and my DSLR do all the heavy lifting, but I appreciate the kind words. :duff

The Vader in my pics is totally stock, just a bit of futzing.

Luke's saber was purchased from a SSF boardie whose name escapes me at the moment (it was a loooong time ago), but I know that Pixelpiper makes them as well. :)

Thanks Dane. I can see an ab crunch going on but still, you’ve managed to get the head to angle down a fair bit?

Looks great, congrats.

Thank you!! The side-by-side comparisons are so incredibly helpful. Your video answered almost every question I had about this figure. I don't think I could ask for a better visual resource; this is exactly what I'd been hoping someone would do. Thank you for making this video, and for posting it here. Much appreciated!

Thanks Dane. I can see an ab crunch going on but still, you’ve managed to get the head to angle down a fair bit?

Looks great, congrats.

Yes sir! A decent amount of articulation to play with. Enough to get those iconic poses, anyway. :)

Mine is cleared customs. I hope it arrives tomorrow. At worst, it'll be in my hands by friday.

Back